Alternate Wolf mounts?

Philgore

I’ve started building a hobgoblin army and find myself dissatisfied with the plastic wolves (always was I think). Does anyone have a suggestion for alternate wolf models that scale nicely with the hobgoblin wolf riders? I’m thinking about the Otherwold ones, but some advice here would be helpful before I start ordering samples.

Philgore

Thanks for the suggestions folks! I Have ordered Otherworld minis wolves and wargs and will report my results. I’m really looking for something a little larger with the right character, and I think they may fit the bill, plus the models are available on their own. The Knightmare wolves look really good too, and they may be in the mix as well. I have a feeling some of their wonderful goblins will fall into the cart if I decide to get some. I’ll report my findings once they make their way from the UK to the hinterlands of Kansas.

More to follow.

Philgore

The Otherworld Miniatures Wolves and Wargs have arrived. All are lovely models! The Wargs, being quite a bit bigger, work perfectly with the hobgoblin riders, and the only modification that will be necessary is a little filing on the hair at the crest of the back. The Wargs also fit nicely on the standard GW cavalry base

The smaller Wolf models would work too, especially for goblins, but they seem just a tad small for the hobgoblins. Still, in a pinch, they would work.

Once I have the models converted and painted, I’ll post the results.

Back