Travel: Where the b***dy hell are ya?

So, OK, let's recap...

I've seen posts on here from French looking to go to UK and vice versa..
What about the biggest island in the world? The smallest continent? Aw buggrit, "Stray' ya"!!!
(Check in with Bruno for a definition)
We've got beaches, beaches and more beaches. We've even got beaches!
We've got an ancestry steeped in the dumpings and offal of your very own homelands!
We even have drop bears! (A rare and dangerous cousin to the Koala)

In earnest, I have read into the posts from the UK and Francais - Isn't it all a bit the same?

What you ladz and ladiez (To quote the Boyz among us) need - Is a trip to "Down Under"
Allow me, if you will, to go "Orky"

"You lot needz to be getting down ere. Me an me brudder, we'z got plenny of innerestin fings wot you'ze need to see (Is that Ork? Or Jeff Fenech?)
We can elp ya wiff accoma, a-com-modat, um... commer dayshun an der likes. We knowz a good spot when we see's one.
Yor missus will be 'appy she's inna tropical enviro-envira- sitchoo-ayshun - Yor kidz'll be real 'appy to see wunna dem kwala fingies...
An Cap'n 'Appy Chap, he'll be reeeel appy wiff alla dat led you be bringin 'im - 'E might even share summavit wiff dat grot Bruno"

In short, get your backsides trackside!! Where's the love for sun, fun and melanoma?

;)

ardyer

You left out the bit where everything down there is poisonous. I mean who doesn't want to see that :lol:

Asslessman

Well the coast for crossing the channel being slightly cheaper than the one for crossing the atlantic, I believe there's a sort of answer here...
That being said, I still haven't visited the few old hammerers in my own country for the record...

But come one boys, you know the song :
Ain't no mountain high enough,
Ain't no valley low enouuuugh
ain't no river wide enough

Well you got it, we have a bond cast in lead brothas...

I was thinking about making some kind of minis meant to represent all the forces of old hammer with (chaos) knights mounted on snails, frogs or chicken and why not you make some mounted on koalas or kangaroos ?

I'll develop the idea in a separate post anyway

Thantsants

My little brother is over there at the moment - just about at the end of a year out travelling and working. Managed to hook him up with a chap from the Lead Adventure Forum I got talking to, who hooked him up with accommodation. Sounds like the chap's extensive miniature collection was a little wasted on my bro though - the godless heathen isn't too bothered about little men for some reason.

Been over to Oz a couple of times myself and loved it. Once to Taz to stay with my then girlfriend's Auntie and Uncle - then we flew over to Melbourne, then Sydney and then bussed it up with McCafferty's to Cairns stopping off at various likely spots like Byron Bay (girlfriend was a mad soap fan), Rockhampton, Airlie Beach and others - great trip. 8-)

The second was a freebie - an incentive prize for selling lots of wine for Amberly, a nice little wine company based down in Margaret River. One week doing stuff in and around the winery staying in a fantastic resort and another week left to our own devices based in a hotel on Cottesloe beach - I think my liver is just about recovered now!

Unfortunately I now have two kids and two dogs chaining me to the unusually temperate British Isles at the moment. Just about got a weekend pass to the Oldhammer event in Nottingham - not sure I could stretch it to Oz!

Chico

Go to Oz you say? Well if i wanted to be around a group of convicts and degenerates I'd just stay in England and go to Luton :razz:

Heh na the real reason i'd never been is that it costs far too much money, not to mention i don't do well in the heat :) One of my mates is a Aussie and has been living in this country for 9 years, I asked him why he moved to England and his reply was he hated the weather there.

Erny

Chico":3ts25bf2 said:
Go to Oz you say? Well if i wanted to be around a group of convicts and degenerates I'd just stay in England and go to Luton :razz:

Heh na the real reason i'd never been is that it costs far too much money, not to mention i don't do well in the heat :) One of my mates is a Aussie and has been living in this country for 9 years, I asked him why he moved to England and his reply was he hated the weather there.

Says the man from Watford. Seriously, people from Watford can only dream of hitting the big time and moving to Luton.

As to us all going to OZ, "if the mountain won't come to Mohammad then Mohammad will have to go to the mountain." In other words, get yourself on a plane and come over here alternatively perhaps we can sort out an online game.

What part of OZ are you from. I've been to Melbourn and Sydney with friends out there. But 40 degrees is way to hot for any civilized country.

Fimm McCool

My good lady's relatives are down under, though I have yet to visit, the price of an air fare being well above what I can afford to splurge on a massive carbon footprint!

Mutantdale

A trip to oz would be great but that's a lot of vintage lead you could get for the same price of an air fair :( plus I'm not sure my boss would be happy as I have spent most of my holiday days already..

Chico":456jq5pa said:
One of my mates is a Aussie and has been living in this country for 9 years, I asked him why he moved to England and his reply was he hated the weather there.

Surely he came here for the bar work?! ;)

Chico

stone cold lead":3gjd9u97 said:
Chico":3gjd9u97 said:
One of my mates is a Aussie and has been living in this country for 9 years, I asked him why he moved to England and his reply was he hated the weather there.

Surely he came here for the bar work?! ;)

True that lol, :)

Back