is it worth it ?

kat w

hi chaps
so a question for the good folks here.
I have recently listed a mordheim war band that I built up and painted on eBay.I have it listed for £60 or best offer. I have had some downright insulting offers and also one reasonable offer.so the question is do you chaps think this is a fair price. I am not greedy by any stretch of the mark. And I consider it a fair price.
but I could be wrong. Which is why I am asking you guys for your opinions
thanks in advance
kat

p.s. I did try to upload a picture of the war band but no can do
I don't want to give my e bay listing because I don't want to be seen as trolling for customers.
the war band is on my blog under stir river patrol

Fimm McCool

Hi Kat

Unfortunately if you list something with a best offer people will take the pee occasionally. I'd say any valuation will depend on the miniatures in question. If it's a plastic skaven warband then £60 is probably on the high side. If it's a metal Amazon or Sisters of Sigmar warband then that may be a good deal! Speaking personally I don't consider painted models to be worth more as I'll likely strip them back anyway so if you're hoping for extra because they're painted they'd have to be really good paint jobs. Just my tuppence-worth, I know some people are happy to spend a bit more for models they can field straight after purchase.

I think it’s a very fair price for a unique warband with nice kitbashing and good use of Kroot accessories. The warband is, perhaps, a little short on numbers. That would put me off a bit if I thought I was going to need to build and paint more to match.

Regarding the low ball offers, try not to take them personally. I have friends who employ the tactic to see if they can score a bargain. Finally, isn’t it possible to set ebay auctions up so that offers below a certain level are automatically rejected?

kat w

thanks for the reply's chaps really appreciate it .both really valid points. I think the problem I have is I want a fair price both for me and the buyer. Low ball offers to be honest just give me a giggle. I certainly don't take offence in fact I almost admire the cheek of it lol.I just don't want to feel like I am overcharging for an item. I am with fimm on painted vs unpainted personally I will buy miniatures to strip and repaint as that's the enjoyment for me also.as a rule of thumb I generally look at previous sold items then price accordingly. Its a tricky thing sometimes but I do try my best.as for amazons if I saw a set of them for £60 I would snap them up for that as I have been working on an amazon army which so far includes foundry shield maidens,the ikore/brigade gaels
and ten of the mordheim amazons. Who knows one day I may actually finish them.
again thanks for the reply's chaps you have put my mind to rest .
kind regards
kat
p .s
you can indeed set up the auction with a price that will be declined if its to low .

How much would they go for unpainted? As tbh, that's how much most people will look to pay.

Certainly anything I buy, I strip and repaint. (Unless it's by John Blanche!)

kat w

so a quick update I have accepted an offer on the warband of £45.just wanted to say thanks for all the reply's to this post
cheers chaps you opinions really put it into perspective for me
much appreciated
kind regards
kat
and hopefully I can get to meet some of you guys at boyl 2018
(I am only down the road in Leicester so it would be rude of me not to attend at least once lol)

Back