Sunday afternoon man o war

Leromides

Anyone fancy a game of man o war? I can supply dwarf and dark elf fleets and all the trimmings I just need a player, or two since I'm happy to referee.

Ketil Trout

Hello, I’d be very interested in this. Might even provide the motivation to finish my orc fleet if they’d be welcome?

Leromides

You and your orcs would be very welcome. I have a 6 by 4 table booked from 1.30 on the Sunday so was thinking 1000 point fleets. There was some interest on the Facebook page so there may be the option for a 1000 versus 2 fleets of 500 or even 2 fleets of 500 a side. Do you have a preference when it comes to size of fleet?

Ketil Trout

I’ve had a dig for my fleet and have found 1 squadron of drilla killers, 3 squadrons of big chuckas, 3 individual wyvern riders and 3 orc hulks. I haven’t played any Man O War since the nineties, so maybe 2x2 would be good.

Leromides

I'm sure you will find it'll all come back to you as soon as your minis hit the table but at the moment there is one other player confirmed with a dark elf fleet and he would be fine to ally with you against my dwarfs if you prefer.

Do you have the ship cards? If not I can easily provide them.

Leromides

Looking at fleet lists it might be best if we aim for 1000 points of orcs versus 1000 points of dark elfs unless we get more players. You can make 500 point fleets (well not entirely legally with the dark elfs) but it means missing out on cool stuff. To be able to field interesting fleets I think you need a minimum of 600 points and probably best at 750. To do 1500 points a side we may well struggle for space. So for now I would give thought to a 1000 point fleet and if you let me know what you are taking I will sort out cards.

lornalim

I'm in, as you know. A challenger from Fife! Just need to use your dwarf fleet or similar. I think George is in too...

Leromides

I have an empire fleet in dry dock as I write which will hopefully be ready for you to command if you prefer. I'm happy to referee if we get a fourth player.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 2,006

roberto

Is there a space left for this game? Never played manowar and don't have a fleet but always wanted to give it a try.

Leromides

Yes Roberto you would be very welcome to take command of either the dwarf or empire fleet alongside Lornalim.

Berkut666

I can confirm that in the flesh the fleets are lovely! Have a great game folks. Leromides - send me some
Pics of the action.

roberto

Cool, count me in then!
Edit: I'll try and get hold of some pdfs of rules so I don't slow the whole thing down to much.

Leromides

Final preparations just about done. I am taking the game, dice, terrain, an empire fleet with cards, a dwarf fleet with cards and the cards for Ketil's orc fleet. Is there anything else we need?

mubo

Would love to have a go at this at some point over the weekend- never played, but always had an interest. Happy to watch.

Leromides

Hi Mubo. The game is booked for Sunday afternoon. I'm bringing a dark elf fleet along in addition to the ones noted above so there may well be the option of joining in if you fancy.

lornalim

Thanks for a great game Leromides...it waa great to pick up the basics!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Back