BOYL 2018 - The Return of the Return to Thorkinson's Island

Hi folks,

At this year's BOYL me and Mubo are planning on running a WFB campaign using 6th Ed Rules (albeit with a few minor tweaks). The premise is a revisit of the White Dwarf Thorkinson's Island campaign, although I've modified the territories rules from that so they're a bit more balanced.

I'll post up the full rules pack once I've finalised it, but in the mean time the basics are:

Pick a 1,000 point list using a 6th Ed Army book, following the restrictions of 1 hero (your general), no champions, and up to 1 each of: level 1 wizard, war machine, monster, cavalry unit, magic item up to 50 points. On top of those restrictions, your army can include up to two special choices and one rare. You may also open up more options/points depending on your starting territories.

As the games are small they should be a fairly brief time commitment, and I may even put a time limit of 90mins on each game to keep things rolling and ensure people have time to do all the other great stuff on offer.

There's four of us playing at the moment... if anyone else fancies jumping in let me know!

Re: BOYL 2018 - The Return of the Return to Thorkinson's Isl

Colonel Tytus":1f75p7ov said:
I would gladly join with my Altdorf army!

Excellent! Once I have the full campaign pack ready I'll let you know :)

Colonel Tytus":3ldqka4h said:
which WD was this campaign described?

WD 211 - although as I say we've tweaked the rules in there quite a bit. But if you have it you can take a look and get an idea!

lenihan

Sounds fun! Can I sign up with High Elves?

lenihan":kn2b8dsu said:
Sounds fun! Can I sign up with High Elves?

Absolutely! Great to have you on board :)

I think we now have 2 Empire, Dwarfs, Dark Elves, Chaos and High Elves, so a nice mix so far battling for the island. We may need to branch out onto a second table but I'm sure we can work something out!

Incidentally, I think we might be trialling some tweaked rules for cannons, fear and initiative. I'll make sure these are all included in the campaign rules pack once I get it typed up.

Colonel Tytus":1ehr3oqn said:
for which day do you plan this campaign?

I've booked a table for Friday evening, and all day on Saturday and Sunday. Once we have the participants sorted, I'll probably come up with some kind of schedule of games in advance, so that people know when and who they are playing!

I envisage everyone being able to play up to 3 or 4 games total over the weekend, which I think is pretty good going and will still leave time to fit plenty of other stuff in as well. That said, if people would rather just play 1 or 2, that's totally fine. So, don't worry if you want to sign up for other big games or whatever over the weekend, I will still be able to fit you into the campaign :grin:

Leromides

I could bring a force of orcs and goblins to the party. I'm already committed to a couple of games but would be delighted to join you for a one or two battles.

Nippy Longskar":p49kddm0 said:
Colonel Tytus":p49kddm0 said:
for which day do you plan this campaign?

I've booked a table for Friday evening, and all day on Saturday and Sunday. Once we have the participants sorted, I'll probably come up with some kind of schedule of games in advance, so that people know when and who they are playing!

I envisage everyone being able to play up to 3 or 4 games total over the weekend, which I think is pretty good going and will still leave time to fit plenty of other stuff in as well. That said, if people would rather just play 1 or 2, that's totally fine. So, don't worry if you want to sign up for other big games or whatever over the weekend, I will still be able to fit you into the campaign :grin:

great! thanks a lot!

lenihan

Nippy Longskar":2scgszyq said:
I'd definitely be up for playing as many games as the campaign takes. It's so rare to have the opportunity to do a campaign over a weekend, I want to seize that opportunity! I've started to have a think about my army, looking forward to seeing the campaign rules pack :)

Leromides":2s27et2g said:
I could bring a force of orcs and goblins to the party. I'm already committed to a couple of games but would be delighted to join you for a one or two battles.

Great! Good to have you on board.

That puts us up to 7 players. I think I'll limit this to one more player for now, and then we can have two factions of four players, which will work quite well. Anyone else fancy signing up?

Good to hear people are looking forward to this, I'll try and get the full rules pack sorted soon!

Ketil Trout

Hello Nippy, I’d be interested in the final slot if you don’t mind another army of greenskins?

Golgfag1

You pipped me to it, but I was going ask what I should bring (good :grin: , neutral :| , evil :evil: or chaos :twisted: ) , Such is life. I have more stuff planned to keep me busy - if, they all come off, put me down has first reserve. 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Ketil and Golgfag - we can accommodate you both I think... three factions of three will work quite nicely actually!

Golgfag, would you mind using an evil army please, to ally with some Dark Elves and Chaos Warriors?

I will call the campaign full there for now...if anyone else is really keen to get involved let me know, and I'll start a reserve list in case of drop outs or people being unable to play games for whatever reason.

I'm currently hard at work on the campaign pack, so hopefully that will be ready for everyone to read in the next week or so :)

Golgfag1

Nippy Longskar":cu5ek03a said:
Golgfag, would you mind using an evil army please, to ally with some Dark Elves and Chaos Warriors?)

Just so happens, I'm planning on bringing an army of grennskins with me, which I can tweak into something rather evil 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Golgfag1":2swe3gv1 said:
Nippy Longskar":2swe3gv1 said:
Golgfag, would you mind using an evil army please, to ally with some Dark Elves and Chaos Warriors?)

Just so happens, I'm planning on bringing an army of grennskins with me, which I can tweak into something rather evil 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Excellent, sounds perfect, thanks Paul!

Golgfag1

OK, I'm being a bear with very little brain, which of the orc & goblin army list books do you want me to use? :oops:

Paul/Golgfag1

6th edition, I believe...

51dnq24pDnL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Back