The sun will never set on the Slann Empire

Golgfag1

Every time I see one of your posts, I feel I really should be doing something with my own Slann. :cry: :roll: :cry: Is it your intention to come to BOYL this year? 8-) 8-) If so, that might be just the push I need, to get off my backside and bring mine out of the attic! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Paul/Golgfag1

Hi Paul , flights and accomodation are booked for Boyl (staying with Ketil Trout - not sure Slann should share apartment with an Orc - but anyway) - really looking forward and looking forward to meet you and your Slann! I have handluggage only so think to bring a few Slann and Pygmys for Riggs Shrine

Golgfag1

Pygmy Witch Doctor":1d6dem1t said:
Hi Paul , flights and accomodation are booked for Boyl (staying with Ketil Trout - not sure Slann should share apartment with an Orc - but anyway) - really looking forward and looking forward to meet you and your Slann! I have handluggage only so think to bring a few Slann and Pygmys for Riggs Shrine

Good to hear, I don't know when the Rigg's Shrine game is being played, hopefully, Saturday with a bit of luck, we should both be taking part on one of the many side! If not, your quite welcome to give my amphibians a run out. 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

The Warrior Priests went in to the Acetone a few weeks ago, and now repainted - a couple of proxys in the unit to get them up to 20, and 5 Black war paint priests to allow possibilty of a small unit also. Looking forward Paul to see your Amazons and Slann at Boyl !

Attachments

• IMG_4273.JPG
    IMG_4273.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 1,762
  • IMG_4280.JPG
    IMG_4280.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 1,762
  • IMG_4279.JPG
    IMG_4279.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 1,762
Also, painted a candle holder as a Pygmy watch tower, plus the first 10 Bizaza Guard done (though in the brutal sunshine/daylight can see need to paint teeth on a couple) but really like this unit/these figures

Attachments

• IMG_4284.JPG
    IMG_4284.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 1,762
  • IMG_4277.JPG
    IMG_4277.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 1,762
  • IMG_4275.JPG
    IMG_4275.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,762

Golgfag1

Nicely done sir,

I really must take mine out the their bags and start dabbing some paint about. :lol:

Paul/Golgfag1

Thanks all! Glad you like - i think i am getting a 2nd larger Pygmy watch tower / 'Tiki candle holder' from a friend here. Paul - hope the Slann come out of the attic and on to the painting table - but you may be distracted by hordes of Amazons. Just painted a Pygmy on Ostrich (Kallistra and Foundry ostrich) as potential leader for Riggs Shrine at Boyl pygmy war band, and received more Citadel pygmys from Battlefield Berlin independent store - these will distract me from planned Slann Jaguar Warriors unit for a while.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (9).jpg
    FullSizeRender (9).jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,622
  • IMG_4336.JPG
    IMG_4336.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,622
  • IMG_4335.JPG
    IMG_4335.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,622

Golgfag1

As ever, inspiring paint work sir. 8-)

Pygmy Witch Doctor":308n4xgi said:
Paul - hope the Slann come out of the attic and on to the painting table - but you may be distracted by hordes of Amazons.

Sorry to say - my painting spot is pretty much covered with Amazons & Vikings at the moment, so no, the Slann aren't out of the attic yet! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Got to say that's a good haul of original pygmies you've got there, good find sir. :grin:

Paul/Golgfag1

Ketil Trout very kindly repaired one of the Giant Scorpions - with wire and miliput and green stuff? - new legs after all legs long ago broke off, and the pincers also. This prompted me to finally repaint all 3 of them (with alternative Handler as i like the actual model as a Hero or to lead the Human Slaves).

Attachments

• IMG_4369.JPG
    IMG_4369.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 1,879
  • IMG_4367.JPG
    IMG_4367.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 1,879
  • IMG_4366.JPG
    IMG_4366.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 1,879
The first of the new batch of Pygmys painted for Boyl Paul, hope they can survive the Amazon Bolt Pistols! ... and some Giant Frogs just painted, with 2 much larger ones / non Oldhammer but i really like the miniatures...and the first painted Tenoch Warriors by Kev Adams from The Little Soldier Company, defend the temple against Aureola Roccoco from Minifigs (thanks again Zhu Bajie for indentifying amongst the old lead from Munich). Back to painting Pygmys now and cleaning the Jaguar Warriors , fresh from the Acetene bath.

Attachments

• IMG_4548.JPG
    IMG_4548.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 1,877
  • IMG_4547.JPG
    IMG_4547.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 1,877
  • IMG_4546.JPG
    IMG_4546.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 1,877

Golgfag1

Pygmy Witch Doctor":1paid9ig said:
The first of the new batch of Pygmys painted for Boyl Paul, hope they can survive the Amazon Bolt Pistols!

I wouldn't worry too much about the pistols, Amazons & Pygmy's are supposed to be allies - it's all the Slann & Vikings you've to be worried about :lol: :lol: :lol:

You continue to impress with your efforts - well done sir.

Paul/Golgfag1

Thanks Paul , thats good news also that the Pygmys wont be shot by Amazons ! I am planning a Pygmy Rebellion against the Slann campaign here, so this should be good practice for the upcoming battles against the Slann.

Decided last week to get all the Slann out the cupboard and photo the progress so far. So i made a fast painted back drop as the only space i have is on the living room floor. Still need to add a lot to detail to most units and certainly rework the War Altar. The Jaguar Warriors have begun to gather (front left of army) and i am working on the rest now. Boyl preparations disrupted by arrival of the Tenoch / modern Slann and painting the random old lead from Munich - but managed afew more Pygmys. With the army on parade i could also plan which units need reinforced - so the blue Bull Slann will get some painted new recruits soon.

Attachments

• IMG_4704.JPG
    IMG_4704.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,724
  • IMG_4707.JPG
    IMG_4707.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 1,724
  • IMG_4703.JPG
    IMG_4703.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 1,724
Afew close ups - more Venom Tribe still to paint - but i am enjoying the variety of old figures and Tenochs plus i still have 2 Bizaza with blow pipes to paint.

Attachments

• IMG_4706.JPG
    IMG_4706.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 1,723
  • IMG_4712.JPG
    IMG_4712.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 1,723
  • IMG_4717.JPG
    IMG_4717.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 1,723
A few more close ups including the international mix of human slaves , still alot more to do of these....plus the new Tenoch Human Slaves.

Attachments

• IMG_4722.JPG
    IMG_4722.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 1,722
  • IMG_4715.JPG
    IMG_4715.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,722
  • IMG_4724.JPG
    IMG_4724.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,722

Golgfag1

Got to agree that's a great well painted army, well done sir. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Which reminds me I must drag mine out of the attic and see what's suitable for BOYL

Paul/Golgfag1

Back