Marienburg, Undeadish, etc! (plague)

Ketil Trout

Re: Marienburg, Undeadish, etc! (Nightmare Legion)

Great thread, just made my way through it in entirety. So much lovely stuff, but particularly love the giants and your take on the red redemptionists. Loads of great painting on a great range of models.

Re: Marienburg, Undeadish, etc! (Nightmare Legion + Odds/End

Thanks!

I'm going through some of my skeletal odds & ends, which is how those last Nightmare Legion got painted. (Although I just picked up an entire second set so there will be more painted in the future!)

Among those odds & ends are some more oldschool minis. Below are three of the four skeletal beastmen from Ral Partha, beautiful old Julie Gurthrie sculpts. Didn't paint the fourth because I have no use for skeletal bowmen at the moment. (The fourth mini in the photo is a Reaper skeletal hobbit.)

20171015_200349.jpg

Re: Marienburg, Undeadish, etc! (Year end review & what's ah

Today I got one of my "holy grail" oldschool minis...

mmogrefin.jpg

Humble as the mini may seem, I haven been trying to get one for many long years. Today he arrived.

"Welcome. We've been saving a space for you...."

mmogrewait.jpg

Now my MM ogre regiment/collection is complete. Everything else on my painting table just got pushed aside...

Outsider

Been reading through this thread and loving the offerings; fantastic work all around.

I absolutely am stealing that idea for fimir/fomorians/etc for myself; I've wanted a small warband of them for a while now, but have been balking on it as all I have miniature wise is a single Heroquest Fimir.

However, your method is fantastic. Good excuse to practice some sculpting as well.

Congrats with the newly found Ogre. I am looking forward to see him painted up :)

Sjoerdo

Re: Marienburg, Undeadish, etc! (Imperial Ogres)

Lovely paint job on some great miniarures!
Arent these ogres still available through foundry?

Ketil Trout

Re: Marienburg, Undeadish, etc! (Half-orcs)

Having read your recent blog posts its great to see some new figures, and they’re great as always.

IMG_20181109_192953.jpg

More half-orcs. I painted the mounted hero (Grenadier barbarian) and two of the Alternative Armies hobgoblins. I sense a little tension in this photo!

I admit that I'm not fond of the paint color on kitty and may try touching it up.

Golgfag1

Nice work, particularly like how you've painted the Macedonian star on the Despoilers shields 8-) As for the cat you're being a bit harsh, and easily sorted with a wash surely?

Paul/Golgfag1

Golgfag1":xxubkta8 said:
Nice work, particularly like how you've painted the Macedonian star on the Despoilers shields 8-) As for the cat you're being a bit harsh, and easily sorted with a wash surely?

Thanks. I was trying to come up with a good, simple symbol for them and thought "black star." Sketched out a few sketched out ideas and ended up borrowing from a good historical design. (I had started but abandoned a 28mm Macedonian/Successor's army a while ago -- I's still like an excuse to return at some point.)

As for kitty... yeah, I'm thinking a thing wash or something to tone it down a bit.

Finished all five half-orcs, from an Alternative Armies hobgoblins pack. Oldschool sculpts, and the casting was a little rough, but the minis are expressive and dynamic. I'm a big fan of three of the five, still like one of the remaining two, and the guy with the club...I guess he can tag along just because he's in good company.

I'm very curious about the vintage and history of these sculpts. I'd love more minis like these, but the AA orcs seem to be from a variety of sources, even just within the few hobgoblin packs.

IMG_20181111_011207.jpg

portman

I think they're all stunning - lovely work.

Pardon my ignorance, but being rather new to this miniature painting lark - what's wrong with the cat? (It looks blooming awesome to me).

Back