Funeral Caravan; Kev Adams newest zombies

Bring out your dead :) !!!..

img_20180227_173415593.jpg

Thanks for the comments dear people, and of course megathanks to Kev and Brian for making this happen; more Kev zombies! :grin:

small update

20180404_143939.jpg

20180404_144322.jpg

They look wonderful! I can see that you are "preshading" your models. Do you use transparent layers of paints when adding the colours over the preshading then?

thanks dear people for the comments, I hope this one will work out.

Lilbro, yes it is indeed preshading what was applied. I do keep my paints thinish but not extremely thin and I add vallejo glaze medium, but go back and forth with washes and shading, seriously dont know what the hell I am doing. watched so many vids, done so many reading about painting.
but started in 86 with enamel paints and drybrushing, and somehow that seems to be stuck in my head.
so my paintjobs always seem kinda dull and dark and drab, I can never really create contrast and strong highlights to make colours pop.
I also always painted military models, so that also doesn't help since it is all earthy and dark muted colours.

so trying to do the best I can, and try some new techniques which never really help or mess up the entire paintjob .but I hope this one turns out ok, it is great fun though :)

Blue in VT

It sure looks like you're off to a great start...dark and muted is the right mood for zombies anyway.

...I see a few wood elves in the background...any chance we can see a few of those? :grin: 8-) ;)

cheers,

Blue

Thank you Blue :)

yeah will take pics of those wood elves asap, just need to dullcoat them and add some lumps of grass, will do so this week :)

Thank you for the explaination, Pumpkineater. I haven't really tried preshading myself, but I might try it for some future projects.

I know what you mean about sticking to the habits that you hav gotten used to. I think one of my biggest challenges when painting is finding a balance between highlighting and shading too much or too little. But anyway your zombies look great so far and drab colours for zombie skin makes a lot of sense :grin: I think that especially the violin is very well painted.

You're very welcome Lilbro.

the advantage is that when primed in zenithal it already looks nice and makes it more "fun" to paint.

But one would really have to paint in thin layers/glazes to be able to sue the zenithal effect properly, inks can be a friend but again well thinned and several layers and all.

ardyer

Your going along better and faster than mine... Brian should have had you do the official paint jobs

ardyer":1roavplh said:
Your going along better and faster than mine... Brian should have had you do the official paint jobs

well there has been small progress due to irl circumstances alas.
and my painting is always rather dull imho.
but I hope to be able to continue next week and finish this asap :) !!!

I do hope Brian will like the result.

Back