Ebay ridiculousness

Orjetax

I - for one - cannot wait to start the bidding:

e0753802548c21e8144cdc1e8125de85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do they even have all these unpacked things after all these years?

I guess someone bought a stock of a bankrupt store or something?

Orjetax

AranaszarSzuur":23n5dzt0 said:

I don’t know how one could bear not to tear of the shrink wrap.

Or why one would feel the desire but not do so.

This is a hobby for ripping open the packages, painting, and hopefully getting the models on a table for a game (the hardest part of the equation, as an adult).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AranaszarSzuur":xlzkmbpx said:

Probably, but having said that, I've got maybe a dozen shrinkwrapped Leman Russ tanks I bought for a project maybe a decade ago and never used, so stuff is out there.

I got a decent haul of 80's blistered stock from a model railway shop that used to be a GW dealer a few years back, too. I did open and paint most of 'em though. ;)

ardyer

AranaszarSzuur":2z7gny5n said:

My local ex-red shirt had worked for GW for so long that he acquired so much stuff he just never got around to opening. At the recent 40k anniversary, he brought in a shrink wrapped RTB01 box of his to put in the store's display case.

Oh, so they have it like I have with books. I have, like, 20 books bought last year that I haven't read yet. I guess it starts happening at certain age or something.

The winner of the auction opens the margarine tubs, finds that they're empty, emails the seller asking where the miniatures are and gets the reply: "They're on the shelf in my bedroom, like the label says. 'Sold as seen', mate!"

Jonas

I reconsider my selling methods.

Apparently people bid more if they have no idea what they are bidding for.

I see absolutely nothing in the pics to warren a £190 price.

Yep, just had a rant about it....I've spent way too much on there recently...and I could really get my collection back up to speed if it wasn't for the god damned stupid prices ...people are SOOOOOOO greedy. Boils my urine!

Fimm McCool":cbi8c6ix said:
I thought it might be fun to have a thread for all those auctions you see, raise an eyebrow and check you read it right...

Like this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heroquest...664468?hash=item3ac796fd94:g:UZwAAOSwGXtXgp~1

Seriously, is it gold-plated or something?

Zhu Bajie":17m7vo81 said:
On the one hand, it's really cool. On the other hand it's someone asking £30 for an 80s deodorant painted black witth some plastic junk on it. But on the other hand, that is cool.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Games-Worksh ... 0903.m5276

s-l1600.jpg

Waitaminuite, that's 3 hands. Arrgh! mutants!
I'd buy it if I'd earn UK wages. Like, wow, getting my hands on this kind of an artefact of the glorious post. Like, think about it, someone has actually scratch-built it and painted it back in the 80s. It's just unbelievable.

symphonicpoet

Well let me see what I've got for you. I assure you, it will be a bona-fide 80s deoderant stick with bona-fide 80s teen sweat. No no, that paint won't run off revealing something modern . . .

Sorry. Couldn't help it. The beautiful thing about that concept is you can still do it. In complete honesty, I have a Marine version I did in the 80s and a small collection of deoderant sticks set aside to make myself armor for a small eldar force I'm building now. Might even spare one or two to make civilian speeders.

And I'll tell you which one I expect to come out better. ;)

(Won't paint it black, though. The old one is beige camouflage. The new eldar ones will be blue and yellow.)

Back