Inchmurrin's Oldhammer fantasy gallery

inchmurrin

As I've decided to stop practicing and do some proper figures I thought I would start this thread as a home for them.

I'm in the process of doing a "How to do Oldhammer" project but to avoid project doldrums I knocked up a couple of singles from parts lying about in the pile for a bit of light relief. The first finished is a walking head like the one on page 61 of Slaves to Darkness. He is plastic made from an Ogre Head and goblin feet.

912151793_o.jpg

912151800_o.jpg

912151784_o.jpg

The colour scheme is influenced by Dark Eldar style but i think it works well enough. Comments most welcome.

inchmurrin

The other mini I worked on when avoiding the doldrums was a bits box special. I realised I had a 2nd generation bloodletter with a broken sword and the rear half of a fleshhound neither of which would be completed as standard. So I thought a centauroid might be of interest. Having finished it I was checking out old White Dwarfs and found a similar conversion in 118. Just shows that there is very little new in the world even the Oldhammer one. As always comments welcomed and encouraged.

913501640_o.jpg

913501651_o.jpg

913501662_o.jpg

Very nice conversions! I at first did not recognize that the walking head was made up of the 6th ed parts, but thought it a genuine sculpt. You might want to try some more washes and highlights on your models to make them pop, just a tip. (I can PM you some simple but effective paint sequences, just say the word.) That centauroid is deserving of a better paintjob, since the conversion seems so natural and seamless. Looking forward to see what you come up with next!

inchmurrin

Thanks for the comments.

Clansman I agree the highlighting is a little underdone. I'm old style and rely on drybrush rather than the more skilled approach of edge used currently, but sometimes I over do it and then over compensate. I'll take you up on your offer and PM.

More repairs and chaos oddness on the way.

inchmurrin

My latest single to keep me going when involved in longer term projects.

An armoured wight, as usual this was a damaged model needing in this case a new sword.

918879998_o.jpg

918880011_o.jpg

918880036_o.jpg

Comments welcome.

By the way my "How to do Oldhammer " project is finished pics over at the thread.

inchmurrin

My latest work is this scholar or maybe magician. I've no idea who he is or manufacturer he came in a job lot and has a well made MDF base with his round base set in. I added a green stuff tiled finish. The scenery is also new to me and any identification of the scholar and or the furniture would be very welcome.

921122147_o.jpg

inchmurrin

Next up a barbarian in the traditional fantasy sense. I'm unhappy with the painting of the winged helm but it is a pretty imprecise sculpt - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. As usual a weapon added as his was lost.

921957064_o.jpg

921957078_o.jpg

921957091_o.jpg

All comments welcome

inchmurrin

This skaven is a straight copy of a minor conversion in the 1994 Modelling Guide on page 35. Admittedly I had to replace a missing hand and dagger but I felt the small adjustment to the dagger hand really makes for a much more threatening pose for an assassin.

922644440_o.jpg

922644450_o.jpg

I've gone for the traditional approach for the base but maybe something more urban or indoors would have been better, any thoughts?

inchmurrin

I've been working on bringing back some Eternal Champion models. Despite being a long time Moorcock fan I had never painted one of this series, so when I came into a number of broken ones I got stuck in.

First off Erekose in his bearskin he had a broken sword - sort of ironic I suppose. I also had my first attempt at a freehand shield with an image of the black sword.

927977712_o.jpg

927977692_o.jpg

927977730_o.jpg

Then Cout Ulrik Skarsol, I sculpted new feet for him as he had lost his feet and tab.

927977785_o.jpg

927977766_o.jpg

This is Corum of the Silver Hand, ironically too he had lost his good hand and sword

927977664_o.jpg

927977649_o.jpg

Finally a group shot

927977746_o.jpg

I still have a Hawkmoon with missing feet to finish, I'll post him when he's finished.

As always comments most welcome.

inchmurrin

I've also been rebuilding others.

My first ever Empire crossbowman.

927977680_o.jpg

I've also managed another F2 Lord of Battle with a replacement Reaper sword.

927977629_o.jpg

927977611_o.jpg

This was my second free form shield, thoughts?

inchmurrin

Yet another Eternal Champion figure, Duke Dorian Hawkmoon pre black jewel (because I forgot to paint one).

935868928_o.jpg

935868922_o.jpg

He had lost his feet and tab, perhaps I should set up as a greenstuff cobbler.

As always comments welcomed and encouraged.

inchmurrin

At last some straight chaos types from me. Actually they both had to be repaired before painting as is my normal routine, I enjoy bringing broken minis back into use.

First off Kal'Krotg Chaos Witch, who , unsurprisingly , had a broken left arm.

979263319_o.jpg

979263325_o.jpg

and Azakil Bonecrusher chaos dwarf. I'm not that interested in chaos dwarfs but he needed a weapon fix. I had real problems painting him sorting out what was what and the lack of photos of painted versions didn't help. I wondered if I should have gone Khornate, any thoughts?

979263248_o.jpg

979263240_o.jpg

inchmurrin

Yet more chaos types. For some reason despite my lack of interest I appear to be fixated by Chaos Dwarfs (ves?) and have done two more.

982518470_o.jpg

982518455_o.jpg

He's a citadel chaos dwarf with axe 11 but I'm sure he's got a name somewhere.

And this is his compatriot a mutated solid based dwarf who has gone over to Khorne and acquired a tail and a new sword as his was broken.

982518498_o.jpg

982518483_o.jpg

My Khornate theme continues with Vangart Soulsplitter with a replacement axe. I thought I'd try out a colour wheel approach to his fur chosing blue for his fur as opposite orange but I'm not sure it worked.

982518520_o.jpg

982518508_o.jpg

As always comments and criticism are encouraged.

I think the Orange chaos warrior works really well with the blue - i would be tempted to add some lighter blue highlights and washes to the hair to bring out the contrast even more. Hope you find a Cockatrice Wing! glad you like the Lustrian one.

inchmurrin

Thanks good thought. Originally the fur/hair was much lighter and I've used a deep blue ink wash to get more depth but perhaps over done.

Back