Legacy 2017 Submissions

symphonicpoet

I was leaning towards the commisarial looking lady myself, but looking at the short fellow with the wrench, that squirrel makes him a real gem. In any possible case these are all awesome miniatures. You make me think I really ought to send in one more. Just to be fair.

OuteRimTim

I know that I am late with this submission; I hope not to late.

So... with out more delay I would like to present my contribution to the 2017 Legacy Project:

Brother Amana Hoku of the Rainbow Warriors Space Marine Chapter currently assigned to the Deathwatch.
(According to the internet his Hawaiian name translates to "warrior star".)

I had fun building and painting this figure, though he does not represent my best work.

(I'm sorry about the photos, I'm still learning how to post photos and such.)

Attachments

• Amana Hoku 2.jpg
    Amana Hoku 2.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 1,513
  • Amana Hoku.jpg
    Amana Hoku.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 1,513

symphonicpoet

Wait a minute here, you've newhammerized an RTB-01 beakie and put rainbows into the inquisitorial retinue! :grin: I like it! Makes me smile. And laugh a bit. We've obviously bled over a bit, but send it in. He'll be a good addition to the crew.

symphonicpoet

Inchmurrin, does that solve the problem? I've had nothing but trouble from Google Photos for several years, but they've sometimes worked. I could just move them to flickr, which I've been using more and more for this kind of thing, but I tend to reserve that for personal projects, so I'd wanted to put this elsewhere.

symphonicpoet

Is it a size problem or an image problem? Can you see two pictures below, and if so, how many miniatures are visible in each?

The image below should contain two miniatures, the beastman packmaster and the inquisitor, and you should be able to read the rude graffiti on the wall to the right, including the long old style s that looks like an f in "beakief"

The image below should have four gangers visible, a Future Skirmish savage and scavenger, a harlequin, and an Orlock, with the door of the shuttle just past them to the right also visible.

If there are any problems seeing any or all of that please let me know. I can host them elsewhere if they aren't showing up for someone, or resize if that's the issue.

Golgfag1

Ah, so my little guy & doll did turn-up to the party good to know they arrived safely. I wasn't sure how you'd divide the pair has they could slide easily into one group or the other.
I'll draft a quick back story for each of them!

Paul/Golgfag1

symphonicpoet

^Thank you! Yes, they did. And I wasn't sure to whom I should attribute them. (I have your mailing address, of course, but I didn't see your forum nick on them.) There are still four more people in route that I'm aware of, so we're not quite done yet. But almost there.

that looks great, the colours really work well together. any more for any more?

if not, can someone volunteer to do a prize draw?

symphonicpoet

All right . . . two more arrivals, From Lord Chaotl Oml:

Is this everyone? Indeed, it should be about time for a drawing. (And maybe also a badge. Note to self.)

symphonicpoet

And, with thanks to Blue in VT for rolling the sacred Oldhammer random decision engine, the winner of the drawing is OuterRimTim. The rest of us can begin weeping now. ;) Thank you all. Will see if I can't get an icon ginned up now for our signature lines. It has been an honor to help facilitate this.

Sincerely,
David (symphonicpoet)

Agreed - thank you for organizing the event, and congrats to OuterRimTim. (With the usual obligation to post pics of the minis on use! ;) )

OuteRimTim

Thank you symphonicpoet for all the organizing work.
Thank you, all who participated.
I'll admit I'm very excited to see all these models in person, they look lovely in the photos.
I will of course post some photos of the models once based, and as they make forays into various underhives and decrepit corners of the galaxy.

Back