Adeptus Titanicus PAW 2018

Will Harley

Plymouth Association of Wargamers is holding its annual show over the weekend of the 3 and 4th of February 2018.

I will hosting a demo / participation “Adeptus Titanicus” game over the 2 days, pop along for a visit folks were are friendly bunch in deep Devon. Here is of photo from a participation game at the Exeter show in May last year.

http://www.plymouthwargamers.co.uk/inde ... -show.html
uhvme4oleuo3sksw6jesmrc2xmiih882.jpg

If anyone from this forum is going come and have a game or a chat.

Will.

WW000

Looking good! I'm getting started up playing Adeptus Titanicus with a couple of friends at the moment, it's a really fun game. Unpredictable enough to be exciting, but definitely influenced by skill.

Your titans look great; I've just finished magnetising most of mine, and started painting three. I've never properly got to grips with the painting side of things before though, so I'm just aiming for acceptable quality, not spectacular.

How are the banners done on the titans pictured? I'm trying to work out how to produce some.

-Will (also)

Fimm McCool

This looked ace at Legionary last year. I won't be at PAW, but if you're in Exeter again this year I look forward to seeing more Titanic goodness.

Quendil

Is there much difference between this and Epic Titan Legions? I am interested in getting into this but have to say the cost is a bit off putting

Will Harley

WW000":1d05tefx said:
How are the banners done on the titans pictured? I'm trying to work out how to produce some.

-Will (also)

Thanks for your kind comment Will.
I make my banners by cut, paste, copy of photo's and pictures. Then working from a saved "Word" document I copy and paste into a "a Mircrosoft Picture it" file and then draw, colour, cut, paste and crop the banner I want. Make the banner to the size I require and I then transfer the completed banner back to a "Word" doc and print. Cut out the banner glue to pole and colour in edges as required.
It takes a bit of time but that's part of the fun.

Will.

Will Harley

Quendil":1bupgihx said:
Is there much difference between this and Epic Titan Legions? I am interested in getting into this but have to say the cost is a bit off putting

I only have ever played "Adeptus Titanicus" its fast and fun as all you are fighting with are Titans, I thinks "Titans Legions" involves infantry and tanks thus more complex.
Will.

Will Harley

Fimm McCool":gdum74os said:
This looked ace at Legionary last year. I won't be at PAW, but if you're in Exeter again this year I look forward to seeing more Titanic goodness.

Cheers for you kind comment Finn, I am hoping to be at Legionary 2018.

Will.

WW000

Quendil":yc3prngl said:

Titan legions is more large armies clashing with occasional huge robots; Adeptus Titanicus is huge robots fighting huge robots.

Adeptus Titanicus (before you add in the numerous supplements and expansions, anyway) and so doesn't need to be too expensive to get into if you're willing to pick stuff up slowly.

The rulebook crops up regularly on eBay* along with job lots of titans; avoid the pristine, single-titan listings and you can get them reasonably cheap. They might need some stripping and repair, but I've had no problems and I'm no expert. You don't need many, at least to begin with (you'll want more).

The rules and blast markers can be easily made yourself, I used 20mm wooden bases to make markers.

*tact forbids my alternative suggestion.

Will Harley

I bought "Dropship Commander" city last week and glued the street tiles on to the rubber underside of carpet tiles.

Will.

Attachments

• 2018-01-26 10.16.24.jpg
    2018-01-26 10.16.24.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 899
  • 2018-01-26 10.16.59.jpg
    2018-01-26 10.16.59.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 899
  • 2018-01-26 10.17.42.jpg
    2018-01-26 10.17.42.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 899

WW000

Jonas":1joixpwm said:
So much awesome :o

I so wish to do this!

Do it! It's a really fun game, and you really don't need masses of titans to enjoy it*. Six, like the game came with, is enough unless/until you decide to start a) really big games or b) a proper campaign.

* You'll want masses of course. I know I've ended up with more than I first planned.

Jonas

I have 6 Warlords.

Do you use Reavers and Warhounds? I have some of those too.

Also think I have the rules :grin:

No money though, so can't invest in new stuff currently.

WW000

Jonas":22s42tjm said:
I have 6 Warlords.

Do you use Reavers and Warhounds? I have some of those too.

Also think I have the rules :grin:

No money though, so can't invest in new stuff currently.

We do use Reavers and Warhounds. You can either use them to represent lightly-armed Warlords using the basic AT rulebook, or they had rules published in White Dwarf...I can't remember the issue number offhand, but I'll check.

If you've got the rulebook, you should amend it slightly; close combat weapons should count as 2-barrel weapons, not 3 as stated. There's an errata for this in the same WD as above. The pre-generated titans from the original game follow this, they just got the book wrong.

If you've got a set of rules, making the order counters and templates doesn't need to be expensive. Paper counters work fine, and blast/vortex/area effect templates are the same size as a Warlord's base. I got a load of cheap wooden 20mm bases to make the various counters, that worked well.

Back