Old Worlder Ally Contingent

The third knight is done.

IMG_20170831_215618.jpg

IMG_20170831_215634.jpg

The last 'regular' knight of the historical models is done, the next two will be unit champion and standard bearer before moving on to the fantasy style models.

IMG_20171109_213812.jpg

IMG_20171109_213823.jpg

JonAtron

Enjoyed looking through this project. I like the work a lot. Nice freehand heraldry especially on the curved/uneven surfaces. The vikings look great too!

Plaiecivile

I have been following this project since the beginning...and I am a big fan! You delivered good quality
material in a very consistent way for now more than 2 years!
Keep up the good work and promise you will show us army pictures ;)

JonAtron":2scitj4t said:
Nice freehand heraldry especially on the curved/uneven surfaces.

Thank you. I am always very critical when it comes to my freehand skills, so praise is doubly welcome :)

Plaiecivile":2scitj4t said:
You delivered good quality material in a very consistent way for now more than 2 years!

Do you have to point out that time span...? ;)

Plaiecivile":2scitj4t said:
Keep up the good work and promise you will show us army pictures ;)

I will :)

This model took me some time but I finished it today. With the flag I cheated
a bit (it was scanned and printed from an old White Dwarf), but the rest of the
model is painted completely freehand. I would have liked to get the lion heads
especially more consistent, but this is the best I can manage...

Anybody having an idea, based on the standard bearer, what the unit champion
will look like? And where the paint scheme of the standard bearer comes from?

IMG_20171211_135349.jpg

IMG_20171211_135419.jpg

IMG_20171211_135407.jpg

IMG_20171211_135429.jpg

Golgfag1

I wouldn't worry too much about the Fleurs their perfectly formed in my opinion given the amount of space you're trying to fit them all in, try to paint fewer - you're more than likely being particularly hard on yourself after painting them numerous times and brain rot set-in. :lol:

For free-hand work your hitting the mark fairly well - as the basket weave is easy on the eye. As for your unit champion use the banner as inspiration, but don't quarter, half, that 'll give you more room to paint the detail on the model.

Paul/Golgfag1

The unit based on the historical models is done, the last part was to add static grass to the bases.

IMG_20171224_130846.jpg

On to the next 12 knights based on Black Tree Design's fantasy models.

ardyer

I love the standard bearer. That white dwarf article where they showed theirs is one of my all time favorite articles, and yours just makes me happy as a result!

Back