Random oldhammery sculpts: Blood Bowl Dwarfs page 15

Fimm McCool

Thought I'd make a little thread to dump photos of the oldhammer-themed sculpts I do for people from time to time.
Here's a chaossy guy who's a reference to some box art you might recognise.

These sculpts are usually cast up in small quantities so if interested in a copy I can pass your details to the relevant authorities. :)

Plaiecivile

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts

Very nice work, I have followed your work on greens for many years and I like how your sculpting has become sharper and more defined.

Keep them coming!

Fimm McCool

Cheers Plaiecivile. Chaos is easy to sculpt innit? ;)

Here's another recent chap who's just come back from the caster and castings are with the client:

Seasonal eh? ;)

Fimm McCool

As a little project I decided to sculpt a miniature from the inside out- skeleton, muscles then skin. I guess you could say it has an Oldhammery theme.

Gallivantes

Wow that dragon is off to a really nice start. Do you plan to have it cast also once it's finished?

Sjoerdo

Wow, really nice sculpts! And that dragon is of to a great start, love the smirky face!

Tex

Great start on that dragon!
I will follow this with interest, as with all Fimm's threads 8-)

Fimm McCool

Cheers guys. Since I will be wanting a massive, heavy metal dragon yes there will be moulds made. :)

Fimm McCool

26758688_10155837359867279_6538972533609872277_o.jpg

First body was good, but too small. This is a much better size. Don't worry, the first body won't be going to waste, I already have a suitable plan for it.

Ketil Trout

Taking very good shape, this is coming along beautifully. Agree your new proportions are much better, look forward to seeing more

JonAtron

I really enjoy seeing peoples creative processes and how they develop.

P.S. How do you not get finger prints in your work?

Fimm McCool

Ta chaps.

JonAtron":1mg3jlsr said:
How do you not get finger prints in your work? [/size]
I do. Sometimes they add nice texture. Sometimes I texture over the top with sandpaper, sponge, foil, ball-ended tools... if I really want a smooth surface I apply KY jelly once the form is complete and buff the surface lightly with a soft (white) silicone clay shaper.

Fimm McCool

The problem with making something spiny is getting spiked repeatedly! My fingers have been a bit of a pin cushion the last couple of days, time to get some putty on the sharp bits!

Fimm McCool

Slow progress, I have dropped and lost so many claws in the process! At least all the spiky bits are now covered.

Mister Rab

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- dragon p2

I'm really enjoying seeing this fabulous wyrm come to life under your sculpting tools :ugeek:

Golgfag1

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- dragon p2

Geoff,

There are few times - I'm really jealous of others talents, this would be one of those times 8-) 8-) 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Back