RT Space Marines army first glimpse.

Think Curtis is referring to the dreadnought rules in the compendium.
it includes a few examples of dreadnought builds including a contemptor which has a jump pack as part of it's standard equipment. but TBH I think they're just examples of builds rather then standard equipment for all dreadnoughts of that type.

As for modelling it, the entry for the jump pack states that they are built into the armoured casing of the dreadnoughts feet, so I don't think it's absolutely necessary to model it.

symphonicpoet

I'll second (or third) the comments about the sculpting. This project is getting really interesting. Looking forward to more.

AndrewMay

optimus":2cxgg6vg said:
So you sculpted up his arms, face and accoutrements? Kick arse man! 8-)

The head is from a metal Marine, I just had to resculpt the jaw and ear a bit as they got caught by the saw. No bit deal though, it is my job.

AndrewMay

Mr Tough Guy":34dc8an5 said:
Think Curtis is referring to the dreadnought rules in the compendium.
it includes a few examples of dreadnought builds including a contemptor which has a jump pack as part of it's standard equipment. but TBH I think they're just examples of builds rather then standard equipment for all dreadnoughts of that type.

As for modelling it, the entry for the jump pack states that they are built into the armoured casing of the dreadnoughts feet, so I don't think it's absolutely necessary to model it.

Oh, I'm so modelling my Executioners dread' with rocket feet!

AndrewMay

9s9iqq.jpg

9popbd.jpg

Better pics of the standard, still not great as he seems difficult to photograph!

Edit again: No idea why Tinypic is suddenly rotating my images, it shows right way up on my phone and on on their sides on my laptop!

AndrewMay

tray2.jpg

traywashed.jpg

Next batch primed and preshaded. Just a jetbike and another dread to finish converting along with a LotD squad for a little treat before the CF faction is ready to roll.

AndrewMay

Ok, Legion of the damned ready for basing and priming.

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

The metals are either figures that thematically just had to be in a LotD squad or are damaged figures that I have converted. Also occasionally when I've got a little too much putty mixed I've gone and done some comic looking death's heads on the helmets. :grin:

Suber

:o Wow, that's really awesome. Just taken from the pages of the old WD (#97? #9-something). So great!!

AndrewMay

Ok, Last bits for the 'Fists contingent barring tanks.

BYUb

BYUo

I picked up this dread cheap on eBay as it was missing an arm. I thought I'd have fun and sculpt a missile pod for it (it was actually a massive pain) and it turned out looking nice I think.

Oh, just remembered i have a techmarine on jetbike here to prime too but it'll be painting in earnest soon!

The image doesn't appear on the forum, but if I opened the image in another tab it worked fine. Might want to check the link.

He looks great! Did you sculpt up the shoulder mount for the las-cannon too?

AndrewMay

Hi guys, wow I've been away from here for months! I recently got back onto this project after being nudged and have finally finished the base coats for the entire army bar vehicles and the character figures.

b6vd4x.jpg

Next up a black was to all then onto highlighting. I'm giving this 1/2 an hour a day 5 days a week at the momemnt, very satisfying to work through.

Back