twisted moon's 2017

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: twisted moon's 2017

finally, as a palette cleanser i've been painting these foundry street violence figures. they'll form part of my rogue trader setting in the caribbean viii sector, as well as be used in other games like future wars and dark future '28. i have some buildings ready for caribbean viii, but not on terrain boards yet; these figures are based to match these future terrain boards.

Juno's Crew.JPG
sv016.
Juno's Crew.JPG (58.51 KiB) Viewed 680 times

Sergei's Korporation.JPG
sv24.
Sergei's Korporation.JPG (69.01 KiB) Viewed 680 times

The Mob.JPG
sv34.
The Mob.JPG (57.16 KiB) Viewed 680 times
the dark knight of the twisted moon

Image Image

Post Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:50 pm

not managed to get much done since my last update, but here is my contribution to this year's orctober.

Skullcrusher1.JPG
boggrub legbiter observes the strike pattern.
Skullcrusher1.JPG (58.4 KiB) Viewed 626 times

Skullcrusher2.JPG
Two of the crew pretend they understand the mechanisms well enough to make infinitesimal adjustments.
Skullcrusher2.JPG (67.34 KiB) Viewed 626 times

Skullcrusher3.JPG
the final crew member readies the next shot.
Skullcrusher3.JPG (78.53 KiB) Viewed 626 times

Image Image

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:48 pm

twisted moon wrote:the final conversions are proving hard going, mostly because i'm not that inspired by them.

orctober provided the inspiration to finish the conversions to the last figures of my orc spear unit. here they are:

Orc Spear 5a.JPG
the final five.
Orc Spear 5a.JPG (76.36 KiB) Viewed 582 times

the standard bearer and musician are from kallistra; here they are compared to the original versions which form part of the two-handed weapons unit:

Orc Spear 5b.JPG
fairly cosmetic changes, but i think they're sufficiently different.
Orc Spear 5b.JPG (52.52 KiB) Viewed 582 times

repositioning the sword on the standard bearer was hard work and required me to sculpt the scale armour on the front of his 'skirt' as (obviously) there was no detail behind it, as well as repair the damage done to his legs. it might be time to get some proper sculpting tools, as i think my skills may be developing and i might have been able to do a better job with something other than a penknife blade and cocktail stick. I also had to more or less create the left side of the sword blade, and that turned out very well. i used milliput for this, since that's properly oldhammer, but do you think procreate is better even for those with extremely limited skills?
Here is the whole unit, including those i painted before this year:

Orc Spear unit.JPG
a scary bunch.
Orc Spear unit.JPG (131.3 KiB) Viewed 582 times

i'm tempted to get another five of these in the more renaissance style, including another standard bearer and musician, and split them into two units of twenty. however, that won't be for 2017, as the decks are now cleared of greenskins for the start of deadcember.

Image Image

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:25 pm

i managed to get these finished in the evenings last week: copplestone castings fw16 bio-chem squad. i'd done everything aside from the gas mask lenses, guns and bases in september, before setting them aside for orctober. sneaking them in before the end of november has helped further clear the decks for deadcember.

Biochem1.JPG
entering the hot zone.
Biochem1.JPG (60.54 KiB) Viewed 515 times

these are imperial army left behind to garrison planetary defence systems installed by a passing rogue trader who claimed the caribbean viii sector for the human imperium. the intention is to add the grenadier future skirmish equivalents/originals to make us up a full squad of ten; i'd also like to get a ramshackle game iron grumbler, or original rogue trader rhino to provide transport.

Image Image

Post Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:12 pm

here's my contribution to deadcember; photo's showing how it looked at the start of the month can be found in the deadcember thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13576.

Skeletal Mammoth finished3.JPG
brace for impact.
Skeletal Mammoth finished3.JPG (29.14 KiB) Viewed 435 times

Skeletal Mammoth finished4.JPG
smashed the line.
Skeletal Mammoth finished4.JPG (41.35 KiB) Viewed 435 times

Skeletal Mammoth finished5.JPG
run amok!
Skeletal Mammoth finished5.JPG (37.4 KiB) Viewed 435 times

Image Image

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:36 pm

so, 119 figures and two terrain tiles completed in 2017; not too bad a tally, although my photography skills don't seem to have improved over the year.

Image Image
Previous

Return to WIP