Slowly painted greenskins

dazza36

Firstly thanks for the comments.

I'd love to be posting more pictures of my growing greenskins, but sadly last week I managed to break my arm! so am now in the position of having my hobby mojo back but being unable to even hold a brush! So all I can do is look at all the amazing work being produced and hope the doctors have been wrong with the six week prognosis :cry: :cry: :cry:

inchmurrin

Sorry to here of your ill health and hope for and early recovery; however, you do have another arm and this is an opportunity to try out becoming an ambidextrous painter let nothing get in the way of painting !

dazza36

inchmurrin":3c7spxey said:
Sorry to here of your ill health and hope for and early recovery; however, you do have another arm and this is an opportunity to try out becoming an ambidextrous painter let nothing get in the way of painting !

I'm pretty sure I couldn't even undercoat a model with my right hand let alone paint it !!

Tanath

These are looking really nice mate. Love the bright skin tones as they remind me of the painting guide orcs in the 3rd. edition rule book.

Looking forward to seeing more painted :)

dazza36

Thanks for all the comments.

I'm off to hospital tomorrow and have everything crossed that they will remove cast and I can start getting some painting going !!!

dazza36

Bugger! Sadly another cast and this one making it nearly impossible to grip anything let alone a brush! but hopefully only on for two weeks so might get some painting done before the end of year.

dazza36

Cast has come off after 9 weeks and slowly getting strength back with physio, which means its back to painting :grin: so stay tuned as I'll hopefully have something to show soon

dazza36

Finally got around to taking some photos of more orcs for the unit. This time I went for a much simpler style for the shields both for speed and to break up the unit. Hope you like...

imv53a.jpg

10mjtba.jpg

2nol7r.jpg

Here's a little quiz, can anyone tell me where I stole this design from ? Hint it was in a lot of White Dwarfs back in the day !!!

2nss0fq.jpg

So only 6 more of the RnF then on to the command group and I will finally have completed my first unit and then I can treat myself to something a little more interesting such as my dog cart or man-mangler :grin: :grin:

Nice looking shields - I actually think that the ones with the simpler style are the best. Funny thing is that I stumpled upon the Orc's Nest logo in an old WD magazine yesterday and thougt it would look good on at shield or a banner :)

dazza36

Thanks for the kind comments. I've finished off the unit and hope to get pictures done soon once the movement tray is built and painted. This means I can finally move on to a more interesting unit probably some Gruntas n Snortas but one thing I have noticed is the complete lack of a musician for them so was just wondering if anyone has found a solution or has a good idea on a figure to use ???

dazza36

So as promised here's the completed unit (minus a shield for champion as I've ran out) .

dfd3i8.jpg

Not the best photo in the world but its proof I've finished. I may try taking some better photos at a later date I need a bigger backdrop and looking at a light box to see if that helps with my photography skills !

As I said in previous post I now plan on moving on to my gruntas which I'm really looking forward to painting up as painting all those RnF has got a bit boring at times. So again if anyone has a good idea for a musician for my gruntas please let me know !!

Grumdril

Lovely work, more please.

I really like the skin tones you're using, and the rust is spot on.

Paul / Grumdril

Gallivantes

dazza36":8pog2cj2 said:
I have noticed is the complete lack of a musician for them so was just wondering if anyone has found a solution or has a good idea on a figure to use ???

I saw that over on the "Ernys Place" blog the boar boyz have an infantry musician plonked on top of a boar. Looks good to me :)

boar1.jpg

Gallivantes

Gallivantes":2d2vv7gt said:
dazza36":2d2vv7gt said:
I have noticed is the complete lack of a musician for them so was just wondering if anyone has found a solution or has a good idea on a figure to use ???

I saw that over on the "Ernys Place" blog the boar boyz have an infantry musician plonked on top of a boar. Looks good to me

And lovely job on those Ruglud's :)

boar1.jpg

Rob_S

dazza36":3c05n91s said:
Thanks for the kind comments. I've finished off the unit and hope to get pictures done soon once the movement tray is built and painted. This means I can finally move on to a more interesting unit probably some Gruntas n Snortas but one thing I have noticed is the complete lack of a musician for them so was just wondering if anyone has found a solution or has a good idea on a figure to use ???

The orc in the front row next to the two sword champion is holding a ribcage on a stick and in his other hand holds a bone. He's the muscian and hes holding a skeletal xylaphone. Promise. Thats what it said on the box when I bought them decades ago. Still got them too.

Back