Name this Bad Boy!

MadGav

Can anyone identify this model that I bought recently? When I first saw it, I thought it was our old friend No Face Fargo from the early RT mercenaries line but, although the head/helmet is similar, the rest is very different. His legs seem a bit like some of the very early RT marines. I have trawled the usual places but can't seem to find this guy anywhere. The tag on the model is labelled "Mek".

Attachments

• IMG_2425.JPG
    IMG_2425.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,194

symphonicpoet

That's hauntingly similar to the Imperial Light Trooper "No Face Fargo" from the original Rogue Trader adventurers range. I actually thought that's who you had there, and that's the miniature on my painting desk right now. (And has been for some time. I got a little stymied by that one. The gas mask is . . . awkward.)

MadGav

I don't have the No Face Fargo figure but, working from images, it does look like they share a head. I believe there are a few other examples of this type of thing in other models of the era.

symphonicpoet

The thing that's really weird about it: No Face Fargo is pretty clearly related to another early Imperial Army miniature: Kylla Condotti. The two of them are identical, but for the face mask. (And by appearances only the mask. The heads are otherwise the same.) I'd always assumed No Face to be a quick and rather dirty conversion of Condotti. (It shouldn't be too hard to putty a gas mask onto a face.) So if I had to posit an official guess, I'd assume No Face Fargo and Mek/Slaughter Margin are not, in fact, the same miniature. But they probably both came off the same workbench. Maybe. They might both be similar conversions of something else. But yeah, there's definitely a lot of movement between Dredd and early RT lines. (Probably all Dredd to RT and not the other way. But still, there seems to have been enough of it.) Anyway, I look forward to seeing him in paint. :)

A Badger

The Slaughter Margin scenario minis were all conversions of other exisiting minis - the JD franchise was ending as the Rogue Trader line was beginning - the unreleased JD Rogue Trooper Souther became a Rogue Trader mercenary. Also the recently re-released Foundry RT models - converted JD models.

Back