Oathmark: Battles of the Lost Age

At the risk of being completely wrong, yhe fantasy wargaming hobby might be doing a full aesthetic cycle turn and return to its Tolkienesque classic fantasy style roots familiar to 1980s Citadel collectors.

Affordable plastic Dark Age style Dwarves by Osprey. Not Citadel, though, obviously. Sharing in case it is of any interest:

Oathmark-Dwarves-Goblins.jpg

Oathmark-Dwarves.jpg

Must admit, however anatomically implausible they are, I do aesthetically prefer citadel's 'legless hairy dumplings' over the Tolkienesque 'tall short people' that these have going on.

Mister Rab

I wouldn't mix them in the same force as my Citadel dwarves, and some of the beards need a 'tache adding, but I really like the Tolkiensque vibe of these.

Zhu Bajie

Really like the overall designs on the dwarves, some of those heads remind me of Foaming Mad Furrikson from the Chaos Dwarf Renegades. Not sure what it is but there seems to be something lacking.

Not enough about the game to have an opinion.

dieselmonkey":23dyw131 said:
Must admit, however anatomically implausible they are, I do aesthetically prefer citadel's 'legless hairy dumplings' over the Tolkienesque 'tall short people' that these have going on.
Same here. Balls or bust! Still, nice minis.

Grumdril

A couple of years ago these dwarves would have been a sight for sore eyes, but nowadays we have Bood and the Macrocosm dwarves so I'm not so sure about them.

The goblins look very interesting though - I'm thinking hobgoblin / half-orc...

dieselmonkey":d9k6apqz said:

Infidel!. The beard-with-feet style dwarf is a travesty! Perry-inspired dwarves are the one true dwarf! :)

Paul B / Grumdril

Back