Winterdyne's Nurgle Project

winterdyne

One of the most recent models that'll be in this army - and currently available (albeit in finecast rather than metal like this one), a 2003 sculpt Rotbringer Sorceror:

rotbringer_sorceror1.jpg

rotbringer_sorceror1b.jpg

winterdyne

There'll be three Beasts in my army. One brown, one green, and one a sickly beige. Open to suggestions for names for them.

beast1.jpg

Family shot:
140617_group.jpg

winterdyne

Simple enough, all daemons follow the same basic principle.

Undercoat black.

Paint mouth, eye, guts, exposed bone all in Vallejo Model Color burnt cadmium red. Leave horns and claws black.

Skin colours are all vallejo: Model Color Field Grey, Game Color Heavy Sienna, Game Color Earth, Game Color Heavy Grey, Game Color Heavy Green, Game Color Heavy Black-green. Basically whatever dingy nasty colours you like. Have a good mix.

Paint skin with skin color.

Agrax Earthshade wash all over.

Layer on Tallarn flesh (or whatever 'healthy' skintone you're after). Faces, bellies, bottoms. Up the back a bit.

Give that a wash of Reikland fleshshade (helps to blend in to skin color too).

Highlight muscle and tongue with VMC Flat Red, VMC Bermellon, Mix of previous with VMC Tan Yellow, touch of pure tan yellow here and there.
Wash muscle with Vallejo Red Wash.

Paint eye VMC Bermellon, then layer on VMC Light yellow. Dot eye.

Highlight healthy flesh with tallarn flesh, just the one step.

Highlight skin colour with original skin tone then by adding VMC Tan yellow. When it's close to the healthy skin tone, layer it toward the skin.

Get to just off the tan yellow for extremes / 'down' edges. Use pure tan yellow for hotspots (generally not needed) and 'up' edges.

Highlight the healthy skin tone by adding VMC Tan yellow, up to pure tan yellow. Use the skin colour mix to keep the transition smooth (ish).

Glaze a little VMC flat red (VERY sparingly) over the nose and cheeks.

Glaze a little reddish purple (mix of purple, flat red) on the lower lip, where you want a touch of bruising (under the eye maybe, around wounds).
Highlight that by adding (you guessed it) tan yellow.

Boils get glazed a bit stronger with the flat red, painted pure flat red, then dotted with a little pure VMC Tan Yellow.

Horns and claws are Panzer Aces Old Wood / Weathered Wood, Panzer Aces Light Mud, VMC Ivory. Bit of black mixed in for the darker ones.

That's basically it.

winterdyne

Possibly not exactly oldhammer related, but with having units of 20 and 30 models, Age of Sigmar still kinda needs movement trays if you don't want to lose your sanity.

So I made a thing out of some really nice filament for a zero-prep product. No cleanup on this at all. Just sticking the models straight into the frame.

aos5x2x25mm_empty.jpg

aos5x2x25mm_plaguebearers.jpg

I'll be making these in a variety of formations (square or offset ranks) and sizes (both for base and number of ranks/files).

snorri

Thank you very much for the information and for the color scheme!

Cheers,
Carlos

winterdyne":1kqpx6zv said:
Simple enough, all daemons follow the same basic principle.

Undercoat black.

Paint mouth, eye, guts, exposed bone all in Vallejo Model Color burnt cadmium red. Leave horns and claws black.

Skin colours are all vallejo: Model Color Field Grey, Game Color Heavy Sienna, Game Color Earth, Game Color Heavy Grey, Game Color Heavy Green, Game Color Heavy Black-green. Basically whatever dingy nasty colours you like. Have a good mix.

Paint skin with skin color.

Agrax Earthshade wash all over.

Layer on Tallarn flesh (or whatever 'healthy' skintone you're after). Faces, bellies, bottoms. Up the back a bit.

Give that a wash of Reikland fleshshade (helps to blend in to skin color too).

Highlight muscle and tongue with VMC Flat Red, VMC Bermellon, Mix of previous with VMC Tan Yellow, touch of pure tan yellow here and there.
Wash muscle with Vallejo Red Wash.

Paint eye VMC Bermellon, then layer on VMC Light yellow. Dot eye.

Highlight healthy flesh with tallarn flesh, just the one step.

Highlight skin colour with original skin tone then by adding VMC Tan yellow. When it's close to the healthy skin tone, layer it toward the skin.

Get to just off the tan yellow for extremes / 'down' edges. Use pure tan yellow for hotspots (generally not needed) and 'up' edges.

Highlight the healthy skin tone by adding VMC Tan yellow, up to pure tan yellow. Use the skin colour mix to keep the transition smooth (ish).

Glaze a little VMC flat red (VERY sparingly) over the nose and cheeks.

Glaze a little reddish purple (mix of purple, flat red) on the lower lip, where you want a touch of bruising (under the eye maybe, around wounds).
Highlight that by adding (you guessed it) tan yellow.

Boils get glazed a bit stronger with the flat red, painted pure flat red, then dotted with a little pure VMC Tan Yellow.

Horns and claws are Panzer Aces Old Wood / Weathered Wood, Panzer Aces Light Mud, VMC Ivory. Bit of black mixed in for the darker ones.

That's basically it.

Dooz

Hell yea, thats the movement tray i need!!
Guess i need to learn some very basic 3d editing skills.
Thx for the inspiration

Great collection and the painting is amazing - especially the Beast - looking forward to see all 3 of them - is the Plague Bearer Standard taken from the Pallequin model ?

winterdyne

It is indeed. That particular one though, I won in a bag'o'lead - literally a carrier bag full of metal parts, figures, some complete, some not, at a speed painting competition at GW Birmingham in the late 80's. I was something like 12 at the time... and I still have bits left from that bag.

The other 2 beasts (and 2 palanquins and a whole bunch more nurglings) got primed a few days back. Not sure when they'll hit the painting pile.

winterdyne

Wow, I've not updated here in a while, eh?

So what's new...
The only plastic models in the army (and a basic requirement for Nurgle armies these days), Feculent Gnarlmaws (evil Nurgle Trees that can be summoned):
gnarlmaws3.jpg

Required WYSIWYG equipment on GUO - Bileblade, Witherstaff and Doomsday Bell (tinkle-tinkle, here's a new plague). All 'additive' conversion as it's a crime to take a knife to a good condition model of this age:
taintvex.jpg

Up to 30 Plaguebearers:
plaguebearers1_done.jpg

Three Beasts of Nurgle - Pus, Puke and Mucus:
3beasts.jpg

Nine bases of Nurgling:
nurglings9f.jpg

nurglings9b.jpg

Jonas

Nice and old school cool.

I do wish you had converted one or two of the trees or build some yourself. The basic model is kind of really cool, but variety would have been ace.

I still like it all though.

Back