My Greenskins

snorri

Love your greenskins! I am also a fan of Marauder miniatures, specially the dwarves and orc and goblins ranges.
More please.... :grin:
Cheers,
Carlos

Ketil Trout

Thanks again, time for an update

Knobber Witherwattle with stone mace, a Nick Bibby giant sculpt 1987 and a Kev Adams Giant Hill Troll, 1985. I got this one cheaply because his weapon was damaged so I had to replace the spearhead with a plastic blade from the current boar boys plastics and added a wrap to the shaft.

Attachments

• giant and troll.jpeg
    giant and troll.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 5,543
  • troll.jpeg
    troll.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 5,543
  • troll, side.jpeg
    troll, side.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 5,543

Ketil Trout

Some more views of the giant

Working on some more orc units at the moment, hopefully done quite soon...

Attachments

• giant.jpeg
    giant.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 5,542
  • giant, side.jpeg
    giant, side.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 5,542
  • giant, other side.jpeg
    giant, other side.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 5,542

Mason

I was just browsing to see what everyone had been up to at BOYL and found these first.
Having discovered such a wonderful thread for the first time I had to log in to: 'THANK YOU!' for posting these wonderful creations.

Such imagination, character and skill lavished on all of them.
What a beautiful army, superbly painted and based to perfection.
Bravo, sir!
:grin: :grin:

Ketil Trout

Thanks Pygmy Witch Doctor, looking forward to seeing more of your Slann spawning.

Mason, thanks very much, I'm humbled by your comments, you have some lovely models in your thread.

Ogg

Gorgeous collection you have here, love the giants, especially the Kev adams one and that goblin unit on the first page is superb, properly chaotic looking as goblins should be!

Wow, I love just about everything about this army: the combination of minis, the choice of colors, the paintjobs and the basing. My favorite units are the Goblin infantry unit and the Giant and Troll.

I think your army has a really special fantasy / fairy tale vibe around it, which reminds me of such 80s fantasy movies as "Willow" and "Labyrinth" :)

Subedai

Spectacular army indeed, a goblin lover's dream. The giants are brilliant too, I need to study your skin work and try to add some of that variety you are achieving that gives it such a 'lived in' feel.

Ketil Trout

Thanks Ogg, I do love Kev Adams' miniatures.

LilBroGrendel, great to hear that, I'm a big fan of both of those films.

And thanks Subedai, glad you like the lived in look, you have some great greenskins.

I have some new things finished, a bit more modern than some here which I hope won't prove too controversial.
First a PLASTIC giant...

Attachments

• giant front.JPG
    giant front.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 3,685
  • giant back.JPG
    giant back.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 3,685
  • squashed goblin.jpeg
    squashed goblin.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 3,685

Ketil Trout

Next up is my general in a boar chariot, again plastic, but I have used a Goodwin ogre for my orc warboss

More to come soon, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• orc boar chariot side.JPG
    orc boar chariot side.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 3,688
  • orc boar chariot.jpeg
    orc boar chariot.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 3,688

Gallivantes

Ah that Goodwin ogre makes a cracking warboss. His forward lumbering stance works great for a charioteer. What I appreciate so much about a conversion is when the perceived weight and counterweight of all the parts add upp really well with whatever implied movement there is. Can be such a headache.

And I also like the mix with later generation parts. Full of oldschool, but a new creation. Keeps this hobby from stagnating. Coolest thing I've seen in a long while, actually. And MAN, that paintjob... I hate you :grin:

Ketil Trout

Thanks again Gallivantes, but I think I've some way to go to reach your converting skills.

Meanwhile I've finished some goblin wolfboys

Almost entirely Marauder Miniatures, but with one Nick Lund wolf for the boss.

Attachments

• wolf riders front.jpeg
    wolf riders front.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 3,633
  • wolf riders side.jpeg
    wolf riders side.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 3,633

Ketil Trout

And another five, again mainly Marauder, but with a Citadel leader on an old Ral Partha wolf, and an early Citadel wolf for the goblin with the flail.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• wolf riders 2 front.jpeg
    wolf riders 2 front.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 3,631
  • wolf riders 2 side.jpeg
    wolf riders 2 side.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 3,631

Mophus

The Ogre Boss looks great, I wanted always to see how one of this Ogres comes out in orcish flesh tones. The couch man looks almost like a Heroquest Orc, but the jaw is to small of course.

Ketil Trout

Thanks Mophus, glad you like the ogre dressed as orc warbles. The charioteer does indeed look a bit like a Heroquest orc, I hadn't thought of that as I painted it, he is a metal miniature though, an earlier Citadel one I believe.

I have made some progress and finished up a couple of orc units that had been languishing half-painted for too long.

First up

30 orc boys using mainly the modern plastic Citadel orcs which I'm not that fond of. I included them here mainly for the sake of completeness but also because the command group has a bit more Oldhammer flavour, the boss with flail is a Marauder giant black orc, the drummer from a Middlehammer command blister and the standard bearer is converted from an old Bad Moon space ork. The banner design is borrowed from an old Paul Bonner illustration, one of favourites, of a Bad Moon ork nob retinue from WD128.

Next up

Another unit of 30 orc boys based on the much earlier plastic orcs from the Warhammer Regiments box, these troops formed the backbone of my original adolescent orc and goblin army long since lost to the mists of time. It was great to revisit them and give them a better paintjob. Here the banner design is lifted from Warhammer Armies, a great and continuing source of inspiration.

Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• Orc boys unit bad moon skull banner.jpeg
    Orc boys unit bad moon skull banner.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 3,584
  • Orc boys unit doom banner.jpeg
    Orc boys unit doom banner.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 3,584

dazza36

I think the biggest complement I can give is you have inspired me to not only get back into the hobby but to start collecting orcs . So keep up the great work

Ketil Trout

Thanks very much Dazza, you have some wonderful models and if I play any part in making you paint more I'm very happy about that, if they're green then even better.

Back