Augusts Painting Challenge - List of entries page 1

Just John

Re: Augusts Painting Challenge

Mutantdale":vhd40w3o said:
Now all I need to do is finish and photo last months by the weekend ;)

You and me both!

Hetz":vhd40w3o said:
I'll post the archers in the previous thread - or is that now a dead thread?

Nope thats still alive and kicking until all the finished photos are in

Chico

My Entry:

$T2eC16V,!)EE9s2ugjKiBR4(,CmN-g~~60_12.JPG

Note its now having a swim in some Dettol and has a second crew member, Mr Longhorn.

Aiteal

Forgive my newbie ignorance, what's the deal?
Post a pic of all the miniatures your heart says you will paint, but father time says you wont this month?

Chico

Aiteal":mxbxwudv said:
Forgive my newbie ignorance, what's the deal?
Post a pic of all the miniatures your heart says you will paint, but father time says you wont this month?

The idea is post what you will force yourself to sit down and finish in this month, posting pictures as you go to inspire others and yourself to paint more.

zedmeister

I'll stick my photos up on the weekend. Lets just say it's going to be Epic!

My painting challenge will be an Epic Artillery Company:

2 Plastic Command Stands
1 Lead Rhino
3 Lead Bombards
3 Lead Basilisk Mk1
3 Lead Basilisk Mk2

And they shall be painted using Imperial Strike Green - from the GW Epic Battle Paint Set.

Aiteal

I guess as before pictures are the norm, I've delved through the dettol jar to get the first four of my Heroquest replacement minis and here they are in their virgin state.

In total I need
8 Orcs (Plenty of old Orcs patiently waiting on a new paint job)
6 Goblins (I'm going to use old goblins, hobgoblins and the odd Kobold for a bit of variety)
3 Fimir (I don't have any fimir , so I may use some old trolls or ogres, or even Alternative Armies Fomorians)
4 Chaos Warriors (Planning on using a mix of RoC Chaos warriors and Chaos Dwarf renegades)
1 Chaos Warlock (I have lots of old suitable RoC Sorcs and champions that could do with a repaint)
1 Gargoyle (I have a Greater Khorne Deamon for this)
4 Skeletons (Pictured below)
2 Zombies (I have a few old LOTR Dunharrow minis)
2 Mummies (no mummies either so far, but I may use a few minis from the night terrors range)

Plus the four heroes, Wizard, Elf, Barbarian and Dwarf, of which I'm trying to select suitable 80's minis with plenty of old school charm
I'm planning on going through the undead this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20130725_220409.jpg
    IMG_20130725_220409.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 5,217

zedmeister

Here's a picture of what I plan to paint for August:

AugustChallenge1.jpg

Let's hope I can turn these from rather sad bare lead into Imperial Strike Green wonders!

Sexy!!!

Ok, its only 4 Goff Nobz (I got antsy and painted #4) so Ive put Goff Boss #1 in his place.

(and also yes I ran out of Chaos Black spray :oops: )

edit: I also forgot to post the pic *facepalms*

Attachments

• Challenge.jpg
    Challenge.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 5,177

Mutantdale

Okay june is done and dusted for me so onwards.. This month will e my warband for the upcoming Oldhammer day.. If I can make it (won't know 100% until payday or if my epic sells then I need to book trains and Travelodge.)

Anyway pics. I am doing both living and undead versions of the champion just in case....
As always more on the blog in my sig.

Should be basing today to give them time to dry and then undercoated during the week ready for full blown paintathon next Saturday..

MD

I've promised to paint some Super Dungeon Explore for someone (foolishly) so I am keeping light this month...just a few squats...

zedmeister

Oooo, squats. Nice! Where are there weapons from?

Is it cheating if I've already started?!

Just John

zedmeister":kone83ms said:
Is it cheating if I've already started

Yes. I've decided that all infractions of the rules from here on shall involve the payment of fines in lead. To me. Rules to be decided arbitrarily. By me.

On second thought no, because I've started too :grin:

zedmeister":v90apqs4 said:
Oooo, squats. Nice! Where are there weapons from?

The guns are Hasslefree...the pulse rifles of the Grymn if I am not mistaken. They are a little too clean for the squats but the size (i.e. short and fat) seem perfect. I can't decide how I am arming the next squad...

Aiteal

I made start tonight on the four skeletons for needed for my heroquest project, I managed to get my first three done, the final skeleton went back into the dettol jar as the humid/hot weather turned his primer into a bubbly mess, so I've grabbed another mini to start on tomorrow along with the two zombies needed for the game.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 5,422

jthomlin

Well this is a coincidence, I just happen to have these on the workbench ...

mmror-wip.jpg

So I guess I will have to throw my hat in the ring! :grin:

There are a few more soaking in paint stripper including the slotta champion, which will take it up to 30 in total.

Cheers!
Joe Thomlinson

Back