The Jamakeer Guard: Planetary Defence Force: Penal Coy P4!

inchmurrin

Re: The Jamakeer Guard - RT Planetary Defence Force - Update

Very impressive especially the variations on standard vehicles, I've always been a fan of engineering vehicles since building my first Airfix Churchill ARVE too many years ago to calculate.

Give us more ! Bring on the bikes!

Re: The Jamakeer Guard - RT Planetary Defence Force - Update

More reinforcements, this time the cavalry!

fullsizeoutput_90b.jpg

The more observant of you may have noticed they're not actually on horses, and there's a simple reason for that. It's because I absolutely detest those bloody awful plastic horses they originally came with, so I decided to mount them on Arcturan Mega-Camels. Ideal for fast travel across the barren wasteland deserts of the Jamakeer Outback.

Here's a couple more shots of them. I've not done the chest insignia yet or the standard, as I'm currently designing a set of custom decals to print off on decal paper and do all the insignia at once for the entire army.

fullsizeoutput_90c.jpg

fullsizeoutput_90d.jpg

And a couple of close ups:

fullsizeoutput_90e.jpg

fullsizeoutput_90f.jpg

Model-wise, these are all just original Rough Rider models with Vic Minis arms, mounted on Perry Miniatures camels from their Sudanese range. The riders' legs needed a bit of bending to get them to fit the camels properly, and I had to file down the camels' humps a bit to get them the look right, but they worked out ok I think.

Orjetax

Re: The Jamakeer Guard - RT Planetary Defence Force: Cavalry

Outstanding. Your army is a wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mason

Stunning work!

I love this army, it is a real joy to see a 'proper' RT army with all these wonderful options that you have added.
Bravo, sir.
Bravo!
:grin:

Mason":2ewh4sfv said:
Stunning work!

I love this army, it is a real joy to see a 'proper' RT army with all these wonderful options that you have added.
Bravo, sir.
Bravo!
:grin:

Hehe, thanks! The idea is to have a huge army with all the units statted up, so I can just pick and choose a subsection of the army to whatever points value/scenario is needed for a game.

Well, that's the idea, anyway. If it ever gets finished I'll be amazed, I've a long way to go yet!

This continues to inspire. Great choice of the Perry camels.

Suber

That's absolutely the most adequate option one could have chosen. They're amazing!

And now, some bikes...

fullsizeoutput_911.jpg

fullsizeoutput_910.jpg

fullsizeoutput_912.jpg

The observant will notice some of them are fitted with stirrups. Sadly I didn't have enough IG motorbike legs, so I've gone with Vic's cavalry legs on most of them, and really couldn't be bothered to carve off the stirrups off the boots.

inchmurrin

Re: The Jamakeer Guard - RT Planetary Defence Force: Bikes P

Great work and anyway stirrups are a health and safety requirement on a Black Shadow!

snorri

How did I miss this thread! That's an amazing job. IG was my first army in Rogue Trader too, sadly I sold them long ago. I specially like the motorbikes...the best nodel ever. Congrat!

Plaiecivile

Many very interesting miniatures, all tied together with a very cohesive pain scheme. I have only one word for that: Thatisawesome!
The Adeptus Mechanicus Engineer is my personal favorite in your selection, although being myself an engineer, I don't understand what part of my task could involve a double handed axe. The tank and the anti grav troops also top shelf stuff from my point of view!

Keep up the good work and take care of yourself.

And now, the first tanks start to arrive...

Just a couple of Land Raiders for now, the rest will be coming along later...

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

IMG_4876.jpg

Re: The Jamakeer Guard - RT Planetary Defence Force: Tanks P

So, the next units to arrive are the (VI) Penal Company, here in all their glory, parading after disembarking from a commandeered civilian hauler:

fullsizeoutput_957.jpg

Led by (or coerced by, who knows!) is their Commissar, Johan Reisman:
IMG_5295.jpg

'A' Platoon are made up of members of the Jamakeer Guard convicted of crimes in service. Rather than prison, convicts that aren't immediately executed are placed in the Penal Company, with the possibility of redemption and eventual return to the ranks.

Getting used for everything from latrine digging duty, to suicidal charges, to involuntary mine clearance, the number of convicts in 'A' Platoon varies regularly. At the moment they run to 12 men, and so are (unsurprisingly) called the 'Dirty Dozen'.
IMG_5298.jpg

'A' Platoon, '1' Section:
IMG_5299.jpg

'A' Platoon, '2' Section:
IMG_5300.jpg

Next up is 'B' Platoon. Whilst not criminals as such, as Abhumans, the beastmen that make up 'B' Platoon are illegal by their very existence in the eyes of the Imperium, and so have been incorporated into the Penal Company.

Slightly less straightforward cannon-fodder than 'A" platoon, they are split into 3 bricks of five and even have heavy weapons support.
fullsizeoutput_959.jpg

'B' Platoon, '1' Section:
IMG_5303.jpg

'B' Platoon, '2 Section:
IMG_5301.jpg

'B' Platoon, '3' Section:
IMG_5302.jpg

Subedai

Re: The Jamakeer Guard: Planetary Defence Force: Penal Coy P

Very cool! That's an epic force assembling, loving the variety of troop types and individualisation on every model. Your painting style is very nice, colourful yet subdued, clean yet feeling lived in.

symphonicpoet

I think I've commented on the guard elsewhere, but they are still a darn pleasant bunch. And I like the additions you made to the Land Raiders. Particularly nice to see the little fender boxes put to good use. I have a second I picked up a while back. I ought to do something with that. :)

Wow great mix of figures and vehicles. The paint work ties them together nicely. Great work.

Dooz

such a great looking force, are there even more coming?

Dooz":1ty8s6o8 said:
such a great looking force, are there even more coming?

Another hundred or so infantry and about a dozen vehicles to go yet! ;)

JonAtron

As has been said here, what a work! love, Love, LOVE it and that Rhino! What a gem of an army and a true RT collectors piece.

inchmurrin

I am most impressed by the beastmen especially the idea of combining with Tau parts.

Back