Er. GOOF. I guess.

mubo

Golgfag1":xozdinqk said:
Guy's do you want to use your own stuff, or mine? Happy either way.

Paul / Golgfag1

I have about 50% of an empire force I have been working on, so perhaps I could bring them + pad them out with some of your chaps, that would be great.

So far it's 12 flagellants, 8 archers, 5 ogres, 5 halberdiers and a wizard.

Golgfag1

No problem, We've still to hear from the other Paul/ Grumdril, so I'm loath to say here's a points value work out a list; I've a general scenario in mind and can twist it to suit :twisted: - once we've heard from him!

Paul / Golgfag1

Grumdril

Hi chaps - sorry for the radio silence!

Mubo - yup, see you at 9:30 tomorrow at Thornhill.

Paul D - if you could supply forces for my side that'd be a great help, my hobby stuff is a bit all over the place at the moment because of my forthcoming move, although I can dig it out if needed.

Looking forward to it,

Paul

mubo

Thanks gents for a great game. Looking forward to seeing the images!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Grumdril

Yup, thanks chaps, it was a great game even if my generalship left something to be desired!

Especially thanks to Paul for hosting, GMing, supplying most of the figures and feeding us. I'm also hoping he'll do a write-up as I'm still working on the write-up of the game we had back in March...!

Ever optimistic...

Paul B / Grumdril

mubo

.. and of course thanks Paul for the lift, and Paul for the hospitality, GMing and figures!

Golgfag1

Sorry Chaps, first week back at work following the op has been hell, will try to get something together by the end of the weekend!

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Following the last meeting of GOOF the consensus was to have our next scenario with any attack on a settlement. So, I set up the table with ruins of a small keep and chapel, set upon the local trade route, with a walled goblin encampment utilizing stone of the ruins.

Arkenholm's local keep & church had fallen to a goblin incursion months ago and given that the local nobles had not been able to gather enough forces together to retake the ruins - the goblins had used the ruins establish a walled encampment across the trade route, blocking supplies to the regional capitol. Now the local count is ready to drive the goblins out of the area and re-establish the trade route. Following a scouting expedition, the count has decided his route of approach, however, the scouting party was spotted and a goblin counter force dispatched to find where the empire forces are coming from and set their defences. The story so far.

With the goblin wolfriders going of in the wrong direction the initial dispositions have the remain goblins turning to face their foes, as the empire wizard cast a lighting bolt towards the bolt shooter killing all the crew, and a general advance towards the encampment prompts the release of the fanatics from the spear units closest to the imperial dispatching two knights and halberdiers. Surprisingly, the goblin shaman attempts mind control on the empire general, but he managed his saving roll. In response the halberdiers charged the goblins spear to their front, supported by a charge by the knights into the goblins flank, causing a panic test which the goblins fail and rout away from the charge. However the imperial force fail to remain in contact. The Goblins break causes a series of goblins panic tests which all the testing units fail the pass, instigating a general retreat from the encampment.

Amazingly, the goblin unit which originally broke manages it rallying test and turns around to face their enemies, unfortunately, the other units fail their tests effectively taking them out of the game without participating in the battle , things aren't looking good for the goblin player as his general runs over the the ruined keep and disappears inside, whilst the remaining archer unit move out from the huts to get a better shot at the crossbowmen on the hill, whilst the knights and halberdiers rally, the archers shoot down the remaining fanatic .

Attachments

• Initial deployment.JPG
    Initial deployment.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 3,227
  • Enter into the fray.JPG
    Enter into the fray.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 3,227
  • Turn to face.JPG
    Turn to face.JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 3,227
  • Panic sets in.JPG
    Panic sets in.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 3,227
  • panic spreads.JPG
    panic spreads.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 3,227
  • Are they after us!.JPG
    Are they after us!.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 3,227
  • Panic continues.JPG
    Panic continues.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 3,227

Grumdril

Thanks for writing this up Paul - always interesting to see the game through someone else's eyes.

I'm looking forward to the next bit - hopefully it'll turn out better in the replays! :)

Paul B / Grumdril

Golgfag1

No problem Paul, it was definitely a game of two halves. Hence, the natural break in the story - hopefully the next part will show what might have been, if, you'd have had a bit of luck earlier in the game.

Paul / Golgfag1

Back