Harry gets ready for BOYL

Harry

As usual I have plans for too many projects and have left it too late ... but lets see how I get on. :grin:

I have made a start on the BierBowl / SnorkleBall stadium.
This is for a fast, fun, easy play version of BloodBowl which Chris (Norse) has written. You only need a team if six guys and it works a treat.

nx6iB6p.jpg

3rIFDNF.jpg

Harry

I have also started on the new Squig Hopper race board.

This might be a bit trikier to explain.
Anyone at Oldhammer day last year might have seen another game that Chris (Norse) cane up with .... Orcling Hopper racing.
Well we have developed the idea a bit since last year and come up with this ....

The game is essentially the same ... although Chris has added a few new twists and tweaks to improve it.
I came up with an idea for a board for the race. Following on from the fun I have been having with Dungeon Tiles I decided to take the race down into the dungeons.

Years ago some random tunneling broke through into the cellar of the Green Griffon Inn and some beer related antics ensued. Each year in celebration of this event there is a challenge where the best orclings test themselves and compete for the honour of being the best orcling Hopper in the tribe by bringing home the GROG from the cellars of the Green Griffon in a race through the caverns. The race has become known by a number of names ... "The run for the rum" ... "The hop, skip and jump.”

It is a perilous race where you must avoid point objects, cross fast flowing rivers and dodge perilous plants and other hoppers to bring back the GROG

It is a bit of fun ... complete chaos ... you just have to “Cross your fingers and hop for the best.” :grin:

Here is the start I have made. (We play tested on this last night and it was great fun).

CJhsBIm.jpg

yXY4XJh.jpg

So this will also provide a bit of dungeon bashing space for WFRP or Warhammer quest GM's ..... For any GM's who are interested ... there will be a room with stalagmites, a room with mushrooms , a room with spiders, a room with crystals, a room with deadly plants, and a snotling pub .... all in the cave system connecting with the cellar of the Green Griffon Inn .... which is near the harbor in Heldenhofen.... just try to avoid getting mown down by fast moving orclings on hoppers!!!!

Golgfag1

B*&&^%$'s, I mean wonderful stuff Harry. I suppose this means I'm going to have to do a bit more than simply draw a few lines on a piece of felt! :lol: :lol: :lol:

where's my glue gun, craft knife, saw & ruler ? and fetch me - my expanded foam sheeting. :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Harry

Golgfag1":2dmjvxsc said:
B*&&^%$'s, I mean wonderful stuff Harry. I surpose this means I'm going to have to do a bit more than simply draw a few lines on a piece of felt! :lol: :lol: :lol:

where my glue gun, craft knife, saw & ruler ? and fetch me - my expanded foam sheeting. :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1
LOL .... I thought your felt track was a perfectly sensible solution. :grin:

Harry

Quick update from today's developments:

Quick dry brush all round and made a start on the crystal cave:

bE9qvcT.jpg

pa4IoMT.jpg

p88I2Nd.jpg

That's two fantastic boards! I feel like trying both games :) Are the rules of the games public or are they a "trade secret" reserved for BOYL attenders?

Harry

Thanks fellas.

LilBroGrendel":3ey6czjd said:
That's two fantastic boards! I feel like trying both games :) Are the rules of the games public or are they a "trade secret" reserved for BOYL attenders?
I don't think they are a secret. They keep getting tweaked ... but I will ask Chris if I can post up the latest versions.

Harry

Sooo tonights updates.

Fimm needs a city wall for the city ... I know others have more than enough walls but it has prompted me to dig out my mighty fortress's ...

So walls look a bit like this:

Mw5AS46.jpg

Sanded off the injection marks and I tried some of the texture techniques I have developed from my dungeon tiles on a damaged wall section I have ... and came up with this:

wSeSg7B.jpg

pbB0uWf.jpg

The biggest change is the view from above by adding some paving:

sAXFSOJ.jpg

Harry

Whilst I was dry brushing I painted up an aquarium bridge for the Cavern race board:

1dqPzSk.jpg

Just needs a troll. :grin:

Snickit

Wow, I sooooooo need to learn to build good terrain......................

I should of taken notice in CDT lessons..........

Harry

Snickit":2tigqapw said:
Wow, I sooooooo need to learn to build good terrain......................

I should of taken notice in CDT lessons..........
We should all have worked harder in school. :grin:

Harry

Cheers. I will bring it around later and we can give it another play test.

Here it is with the painting I did last night. Bit of a dry brush to to the caverns and base colours added to some of the other rooms:

FgJq5OD.jpg

Tvi7XLU.jpg

Harry

I have made a start of the Dwarven Quarter:
Just put together Fimm's Laser cut buildings that don't look even a little bit like the Grudge of Drong Dwarven buildings:

PZSsDU2.jpg

VuvY2Ly.jpg

MzPOwBP.jpg

and another one I picked up the other day that will make a nice Dwarven artisans house for WFRP's to visit:

r650MW5.jpg

Got some nice detail on it:

6rwalmX.jpg

Back