Re: Oldhammer Legacy Project 2017: Inqusitors v Gangers Sign

Is it too late to sign up for a mini?

If not, what are the requirements etc.?

symphonicpoet

the beanbag":1xj0amnt said:
Is it too late to sign up for a mini?

If not, what are the requirements etc.?

It is absolutely not too late. The requirements are pretty simple: paint up and send in a miniature that fits, more or less, with the theme. In this case it should somehow fit into either an Inqusitorial retinue or a Necromunda gang. We haven't quite hammered out where to send them yet, or by what exact date. We sent them to Asslessman by . . . mid Novemner? . . . a couple of years back. And all entrants names were tossed in a hat and a raffle was held, with the lucky sot who won getting all the miniatures. (I shudder to think what the postage cost on that, as the package would have been rather large. And this year is shaping up to be worse.) But it wasn't until pretty late in the year in any case. (We should probably figure that out.)

The models are approximately "28mm" heroic scale, but they needn't be from any specific line or manufacturer. A lot of folks convert them, but that's not a requirement. Just . . . fun.

Gretchin

Would it be too late for me to join in on this? :3

symphonicpoet

Gretchin":3ars0lo3 said:
Would it be too late for me to join in on this? :3

Not at all. What did you want to sign up for. I'll put you down as TBA for now.

Gretchin

One for each category please! ^^

A death ferret for the Inquisitorial Retinue and a ganger for the Necromunda one. :3

inchmurrin

So just thinking about starting on mine. For last year's challenge we used square plain bases of suitable size, shall we use ROUND ones this year just for variety - or even because that's the standard for inquisitory types and gangers?

symphonicpoet

When we did the space pirates two years ago we did plain black round bases, though there might have been one or two square bases for bigguys in classic RT fashion. (For the Oderus Urungus, say. Stuff of Ogryn/Dreadnought size.) Or maybe even a hex base or two. Honestly, I think the ruling was KISS, with the assumption that the winner would then be able to re-base with greater ease for their table. We were all about crazy diversity and inconsistency . . . except in bases. ;) I'd say that will work fine. Any simple black base will do as far as I'm concerned. The one ruling was that whatever was used to fill slots should be something easily removed, so no GS filled bases. Seems logical to keep it that way. Plain black. Assume the winner will re-base or texture to desire, so don't go crazy.

Gretchin

Got my first bits together for my ganger entry.

I love working with old metal; my scalpel cuts through it like butter! <3

symphonicpoet

ZeroTwentythree":19o9i2ya said:
What's the target date for completion on this?

Heck of a question that. We also need to hammer out how to submit figures. (Is everyone okay mailing them to the US? Would someone east of the Atlantic care to accept the submissions?) In years past things have been . . . flexible. BOYL was a theoretical target a couple of years back, but collection was in the UK that year and submissions came in later anyway. As far as I'm personally concerned we could call it 12/31/2017, but a little earlier might be nice. Thoughts?

Golgfag1

I know I signed up for this sometime ago, but I've only recently acquired the models and I'm in full production of other stuff for BOYL so wouldn't want to find myself rushing stuff to have these done quickly - so December gets my vote. :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

inchmurrin

I agree December sounds good, maybe early so we don't drift into next year rather than 31st?

symphonicpoet

How early are you thinking? 12/15 to get it at least a little ahead of the Christmas rush? 12/1?

inchmurrin

Why not the 15th by that time the Christmas rush will be looming so painting may be in abeyance anyway?

seems like a sensible date to me. now can anyone tell me when i'd have to mail it from the uk to get to the right person in the US by the 15th? probably a fortnight to be safe i'd guess.

Fortnight? We don't have those here. You'll have to ship Two Freedom Weeks in advance instead. ;)

vonkortez

I think my inquisitorial space goat is ready. Where do I ship him?

inchmurrin

Hey we need to see the goat get those pics up!

(in Scottish pantomime voice)

Bring oot the Goat! Bring oot the Goat!

Back