BFFG 2017

Erny

Thats a great looking game jprp though I rekon we can top it.

Perhaps we could have a rule that dragons/daemons/elementals whatever won't attack the small guys so long as there are unengaged dragons/daemons/elementals on the table though they can react to being attacked. That way we get sort of two battles taking place on the same table mortals just fight around the immortal/monsterous. If a daemon finds itself with nothing to do or is even attacked by pesky mortals then the gloves come off, equally the job of dragon riders may be to circle until daemons appear but even noble born elves get bored with nothing to attack or retaliate if shot at.

jprp

Erny":14tf6hxk said:
Thats a great looking game jprp though I rekon we can top it.

Perhaps we could have a rule that dragons/daemons/elementals whatever won't attack the small guys so long as there are unengaged dragons/daemons/elementals on the table though they can react to being attacked. That way we get sort of two battles taking place on the same table mortals just fight around the immortal/monsterous. If a daemon finds itself with nothing to do or is even attacked by pesky mortals then the gloves come off, equally the job of dragon riders may be to circle until daemons appear but even noble born elves get bored with nothing to attack or retaliate if shot at.

Nothing wrong with anything you said there.
If we have a guest celebrity GM like last year perhaps he can come up with specific missions for the heavy hitters to help divert them from the rank and file.

Golgfag1

Apologies in not responding sooner John,

The current inclination is to hold this for next year, as there appears to be no response from the rest of the Oldhammer community to take part and those who've already signed up are showing no real enthusiasm in drawing together a game plan or painting figures or models to take part. I for one have the unpainted figures to take part, but no knowledge of the battle/game, hence, I'm struggling to en-fuse :? when I'm not seeing a great deal from anybody else :roll: .

Also, there are lots of other games this year- I want to take part in, which clash with this one on the timetable.

My two pennies worth, anybody else?

Paul / Golgfag1

Snickit

Without going into detail out of respect for my Brother I'm afraid Erny has real life personal distractions bigger than BOYL that are concerning him at present, (hence why he hasn't been around on here much for a while).

I'm very sorry if this lets people down, it's not something he can do a lot about though I'm afraid.

If there is appetite for the game to still happen then I'm not saying No, although my head has been turned by the Tale of Two Cities game and my own Friday and Sunday games (but then I'd only ever expected to play in the Elf game on the Saturday) and we may need to source a table as I think two large tables have been booked.

At present I haven't painted anything new for it (I started by life got in the way and other projects leaped up afterwards) but I do have a not tiny (but not massive) High Elf Army as is and, being honest, Erny and I tend to begin our BOYL painting late in the day anyway with furious paint strokes being applied right up until the night before.

jprp

Ok, this life thing seems to get in the way of the fun stuff a lot.
Anyone still interest please weigh in ASAP as i have not committed to any other game.

Snickit

Meat Grinder style games with stuff coming ion every turn on a smaller table to possible too.

It would have the added benefit of allowing people to drop out and play other games once their wave had been killed off.

Back