Winterdyne's Nurgle Project

Grumdril

That Nurgle champion is simply stunning.

Love the stripey trousers, his fashion standards are slipping a bit though it seems!

Paul / Grumdril

Micha

Totally amazing painting; great use of metallics etc, but the skintones you use are the best - such variety! Your work once again Shows that a great mini NEVER ages!

winterdyne

Moar.

nurglechamp5.jpg

050417_group.jpg

Fuxxx

Wow, with this kind of painting they look stunning! Maybe an odd thing to look at, but: the bases look great as well, they may not be nurgly, but still very fitting. Great work!

winterdyne

The metals are very simple:

Basecoat with gunmetal.
Stipple with red-brown (sienna) all over and a bit more sparingly with some sort of orange (I used Vallejo Model Color red leather).
Wash with agrax earthshade (brown ink type stuff).
Highlight with thin glazes of gunmetal and then a mix with some sort of silver (I like Vallejo Model Air Alumunium) if necessary (sword on the green warrior dude is most noticeable).
Highlight edges with a more silver mix.

winterdyne":14smk4ww said:
Basecoat with gunmetal.
Stipple with red-brown (sienna) all over and a bit more sparingly with some sort of orange (I used Vallejo Model Color red leather).
Wash with agrax earthshade (brown ink type stuff).
Highlight with thin glazes of gunmetal and then a mix with some sort of silver (I like Vallejo Model Air Alumunium) if necessary (sword on the green warrior dude is most noticeable).
Highlight edges with a more silver mix.

Thank you very much. I've got some Fantasy Tribe Skeletons on my painting desk and will probably use a bastardised version of this recipe for their weapons/armour.

winterdyne

I should point out the 'if necessary' part could also read as 'not very likely to be needed'. It's the edges that make metals pop and look like metal; usually you can get away just doing the edge and then maybe some hotspots brighter (extreme corners).

winterdyne

There have been far too many posts without a picture. Got another plaguebearer added (blue Doomblight). It'll be fun trying to disguise the repeated sculpts with variant paintjobs (this will be a unit of 30 plaguebearers... eventually).

240417_group.jpg

Back