A little inspirational help

whisper

Hi I hope that one of you can help me; i first got into gaming with warhammer 4th edition but long ago sold everything with the hopes of making myself more attractive to women. Anyway I digress, in either the 4th edition rule book or the bestiary I have a strong memory of an image of a wood elf army, bursting forth from the woods.. if my memory serves me well it featured lovely flowing battle lines I would dearly love to see this picture again as it is the main reason i chose to build myself a jes goodwin wood elf army. So if anyone out there has a copy and could send me a copy I would be very greatful.

Yours
Whisper

Fimm McCool

whisper":28v6itn6 said:
Hi I hope that one of you can help me; i first got into gaming with warhammer 4th edition but long ago sold everything with the hopes of making myself more attractive to women.

Sigh, such a familiar story....

Asslessman

I've read this tsory before too...

I think I see what you're thinking about, I remember it from a WD, I'll search in the pile tonight.

bug16

Fimm McCool":19yos22h said:
whisper":19yos22h said:
Hi I hope that one of you can help me; i first got into gaming with warhammer 4th edition but long ago sold everything with the hopes of making myself more attractive to women.

Sigh, such a familiar story....

Really? I think I missed out on that phase, much to the delight of every girlfriend from the age of 16 until my late 20's who all tried, and failed, to get me to "grow up". :grin:

whisper

Ok so the plan is to paint theses wood elves with a distinctly celtic whiff..
I cannot rem the sheild designs that were on the ones in the picture, but i think they had a feeling of this.

I would like to refrence British White Horses in the sheild/banner designs too. Because all of the 80's wood elves I have collected will need to be paint stripped I doubt that the sheilds will survive the process. So I decided what the hell I will print my own!

Attached is an image of a possible idea for a lord/cavalry elfs sheild. What does the collective forum think? I'm planning on printing these in resin at work, and the horse detail is embosed for ease of painting.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 2,913

Asslessman

I say this :

1) Sorry lad for forgetting to scan the picture, I'lle send you the photo ASAP with the articles on Jaeckel's post listed before, you should have it.
2) This looks bloody awesome and I find it a very good idea, wood elves and celtic deigns are always a match. Mike McVey though added some south american touch to his 3r ed army.
3) Stripping plastic Dettol seems to not completely ruin it (though I don't have any experience with the stuff yet)
4) If you do print your own shields...you're going to end compelled to priniting some for this all community...

Fimm McCool

Asslessman" 4) If you do print your own shields...you're going to end commpelled to priniting some for this all community...[/quote said:
I, for one, would like to order some of those pretty celtic shields when I start doing batches of Celtic Bog Monsters... lovely stuff!

whisper

Ok so I did print it as a test and it worked, just a little too over crowded, imo.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 1,249

Asslessman

Wow, looks perfectly fine to me, btw here are some pics form the WD :

Attachments

• 2013-07-19 18.50.44.jpg
    2013-07-19 18.50.44.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,246
  • 2013-07-19 18.52.25.jpg
    2013-07-19 18.52.25.jpg
    972.6 KB · Views: 1,246
  • 2013-07-19 18.52.51.jpg
    2013-07-19 18.52.51.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,246

Harry

whisper":3nq44twj said:
Ok so I did print it as a test and it worked, just a little too over crowded, imo.
Loving those. I'm in for some of those for my Wood elf Cavalry. Need about 20. :grin:

Have you got a similar design for the infantry in mind?

Maybe based on chalk giant rather than a horse ....possibly the long man of wilminton rather than the cern giant :grin:
... just to keep the whole chalk figure thing going on.

whisper

Ha if I can get hold of any elf cav I'll think about a batch, but as I have none I don't want to pimp anyone else's ride first :-p :-p :grin:

Blue in VT

These look great....I might agree that they are a little too crowded at the moment...A simple Celtic Knot would look good too IMO...Or maybe just a single horse?

Cheers,

Blue

Back