Goblinoids- finished in time for Orctober!

Gallivantes

Re: Goblinoids- The collection is complete HALFWAY DONE, PAG

So much Oldhammer goodness in one display case. Say, where out of all GW publications were those factions mentioned?

I must confess the whole combat cards thing is pretty enigmatic to me. We had no GW stores in Sweden when I grew up. There were independent retailers who carried most of Fantasy/40K and the boxed games but I never ever saw these combat cards in a store anywhere. Unless I completely missed them they might not have bothered importing them, or I never visited a store that did. What do I know, as I said the whole thing is shrouded in mystery and legend.

So, who are these goblinoid tribes of which you speak, o wise one?

Tex

Fantastic!
Other great PJs; I admire your shaman in particular, the mini has always been a favourite of mine [I've one in the works since...ever :( ].

Fimm McCool

Gallivantes":w6c5v33b said:
So much Oldhammer goodness in one display case. Say, where out of all GW publications were those factions mentioned?
So, who are these goblinoid tribes of which you speak, o wise one?

In the imagination of my childhood self, going purely on aesthetics.

Fimm McCool

Approaching the end now, with only 4 left to go, including the dreaded Grubod Skullcracker and Ulg Bonechewer!

Grubod and Ulg are nearly finished so photos of the sculpts to come soon. Blog post on Nabrat's Armoured orcs here: https://scontent.flhr2-1.fna.fbcdn....=3b1582dd079c14d8a4a745142e9bdf3c&oe=598A83B7 although they are still missing their chief who will get painted with the last batch- his horns weren't quite ready!

Gallivantes

Steady progress, looking good once again. That case will make a sweet wall/shelf ornament for sure.

Looking forward to seeing you take on the outstanding shields. How are you feeling about all that freehand work? :)

Fimm McCool

I think it'll be fun. Just got to work out how best to approach it. Attach before painting the fronts or paint then attach? I'll be resorting to resin casts for some, so need to pick them carefully. Then I need to print out the flipped designs of a few shields so I don't accidentally paint them back to front!

Fuxxx

Looking great! I'm quite jealus of your collection.

Berkut666

These are really nice. Made me all misty eyed for the good ol' days!

Fimm McCool

New blog post up at http://www.fimmccools.blogspot.com. As it says, I'm 3 hours (ish) away from finishing the goblinoids bar shields. But, stopping here until Tuesday to avoid spoiling the last couple of very important models. Here's a taster in their unpainted state:

Tex

Wow!!
They're both fantastic!

Fimm McCool

Re: Goblinoids- Grubod and Ulg previews page 7

Cheers chaps. Well the last four got finished yesterday:

The irony of sculpting scale mail over the goblin's chainmail for Ulg and chainmail over the orc's scales for Grubod is not lost on me... very pleased with how these two have turned out though. Now, on to shields!

Plaiecivile

Re: Goblinoids- Only shields to go, Grubod and Ulg page 8

Now you know we are all waiting for the family picture :mrgreen:
That is an awesome project!

Tex

Fantastic all of them, it almost looks like you managed to track down the originals.

Fimm McCool

Cheers guys. The family photo will have to wait until the shields are done, then expect to be bombarded with pictures!

Gallivantes

Looking forward to see the shield work. Big boots to fill but I'm sure you won't let us down :)

UrchinJoe

This is a really inspired idea and you've done a perfect job bringing it to fruition. I'm simultaneously excited to see the whole collection together (and maybe for the first time ever, their backs) and sad that these updates are going to end.

Is the grass on the bases original flock from bygone years, or have you found somewhere that catches that same aesthetic?

Fimm McCool

The grass was probably my single biggest headache! I ordered loads of flocks and they were all either too green or too brown (photography probably altered the colours on the cards). In the end I blended model tree shop spring green and Javis sand.

Back