Anyone for an: Oxfordshire Oldhammer Gamers (OGG)?

Grumdril

I'm still on for the 28th, but painting is proceeding at a snail's pace...

I'm hoping Gaj has an exit visa sorted and so we can do episode 2 of Wezma's adventures, but I'll somehow get 1000pts of orcs and chaos painted by then anyway, just in case... No idea what the scenario would be if we went that route, but I was thinking of plundering some of the suggestions on this forum, perhaps some variation on No Rest for the Wicked or The Battle of Wunoewun?

So, to answer your question, no I don't really have a plan as such... :)

Paul / Grumdril

weazil

Hi all

Just saw this and unfortunately, I won't be able to make the 28th. This is (now) the day my parents are moving, so I'll be otherwise engaged...

Apologies.

Regards
Gaj

Grumdril

Damn, I really will have to get painting then...!

Paul - how about we make it 2nd edition this time around, if it's just us?

Paul / Grumdril

Grumdril

Paul / Golgfag1 and I have finally found a mutually convenient Friday for some toy soldiering in Abingdon - 6 June (7pm-ish normal start time).

Hopefully my orcs will finally get a run out, but we've no firm plans yet about the details.

Anyone else fancy joining us (whether or not you're called Paul!)?

Paul / Grumdril

Grumdril

Friday 21st November?

After somewhat of a hiatus, what with BOYL and real life, Paul / Golgfag1 and I think we spot an opening in our diary for an Abingdon get together on 21st Nov with little lead people and hopefully a beer afterwards. Is anyone else free that evening for a trip to Oxfordshire?

No plans as to actual game yet, on past experience it'll be 2nd / 3rd ed WFB with me making tactical howlers...

Paul / Grumdril

Edited - updated from 14th as it seems that's a bad evening for everyone after all...

Golgfag1

Open House, weekend of March 25th - 26th

As per last year the wife is away for a long weekend in foreign fields, so I have the house pretty much to myself - so anybody up for a game of 3rd? :grin:

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

lenihan":2usr7ei9 said:
I may actually be in Oxford for a conference that weekend - I'll let you know!

Excellent, I'm about 45 minutes away from Oxford (depending on the traffic om the M40), when would be traveling down as Abingdon have their regular meetings on Friday nights, if you wanted to be a gluten? :grin:

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

mubo

Golgfag1":4hdll9y3 said:

As per last year the wife is away for a long weekend in foreign fields, so I have the house pretty much to myself - so anybody up for a game of 3rd? :grin:

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

Interested! How feasible is public transport?

Golgfag1

mubo":1qr67r87 said:
Interested! How feasible is public transport?

Looking at the train timetable - about an hour, bus best part of two hours, but all do able. If, I was you, I'd have a word with the other Paul/ Grumdril and buy him a pint or two and then ask him if he's going to attend, when we next meet at Abingdon? :grin:

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

Grumdril

I was about to say I can't manage that weekend when I realised you're talking about March, not February. I seem to remember this happening before - you plan a lot further ahead than I do!

Saturday sounds good, but Sunday is probably not an option (it being Mothering Sunday).

I imagine I can do taxiing too.

Paul B / Grumdril

Golgfag1

Ah, A man of many Talents. Thanks Paul. It'll be pretty much the same format as last year - I'll provide everything, with small scenarios all tied into one overall game with nobody - all together, being on any ones side! If, anybody really wants to use their own stuff just let me know in good time, so I can draft a story and suitable opposition for them - be it a humble goblin and a sharp, pointy stick to a dragon-riding hero with a magic sword to a horde!

All the best

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Golgfag1":1j5qbf8o said:

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

Following the meeting in Abingdon last night, I'm just going to bounce this one again in hope it drums up a bit more interest? :grin:

In hope

Paul

Golgfag1

OK, folks for those of you who've expressed an interest in joining this shin-dig, I've started drafting my ideas of how this might play-out, but I have a couple of questions for you before I lay-out my stall:

Do you want to play this out over the course of the weekend (I can put people up for one or two nights) or just one day and if the latter which day would people prefer?
I've a number of forces available of various sizes, theses are: - Dark Elves, Imperial / Brettonian, Nippon (limited size), Half-Orcs( again, limited numbers), Chaos & Barbarians, also considering a party of Heroes; so, you choose (first come first served) I'll then provide you with a list of what's available and you write your list according to what size force you what to use - 750, 1000 & 1250 points, upon your choices - depends your starting point on the table and task?

Please be aware - I've again opening this out to local clubs, who've already expressed an interest to attend, as they did last year - so, there's one of your unknowns, for a start!

If, any body else is interested please say so ASAP, so I can plan accordingly? :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Curis

Heydy. Bumped into you at the Abingdon Wargames club a fortnight back. I'm interested in future events like this, living in Abingdon, but'll be performing filial duty as it's the Mothering Sunday weekend. Hope to catch you at a future event!

Golgfag1

Curis":30lcd2iw said:
Heydy. Bumped into you at the Abingdon Wargames club a fortnight back. I'm interested in future events like this, living in Abingdon, but'll be performing filial duty as it's the Mothering Sunday weekend. Hope to catch you at a future event!

Totally understand the problem, but this is when the opportunity has presented itself, and that's why Saturday is an option and those that can, will!

Hope to see you again, soon

Paul / Golgfag1

Grumdril

Just to confirm that I'm all set for this, the exit visa is in hand (Saturday pass only). I quite fancy a go as Dark Elves or Empire, depending on what suits the game best.

See you in a few weeks,

Paul B / Grumdril

Golgfag1

To Anybody in the local area or would like to join-in the fun,

When are we next meeting at Abingdon ?

Paul / Golgfag1

Back