Bestiary of the Exalted and the Unfortunate

Plaiecivile

Niiiice! A pygmy based on the body of a snotling, why didn't I think of that!?
Plus the overgrown head makes it even more characterfull without looking like a cartoon.

Cassarus

I'm throwing my hat in the ring.
My champion is; 450 --- Human --- Chaos lord (magic level 1), puny, blood rage, scorpion tail, extra joints in arms, plague bearer (creeping buboes), FP2 --- ---
Thought this guy was hysterical, and as he is a "chaos lord" he gets two rolls on the retinue table, my rolls 97, and 99.Both are rolls on the other table giving me 6 pygmies and a treeman.

So its a nurgle/pygmie warband! If this is as fun to build as I hope to I might make some more warband members! I do have some forest goblins laying around. :grin:

Cassarus

Here is a first win of the puny chaos lord, or nurgle pygmie lord if you will. Still lot's of work left, got a few ideas but the gs must set a bit before I'll continue working on the l'il guy. :grin:

Attachments

• received_10154992856998695.jpeg
    received_10154992856998695.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 2,782

Plaiecivile

Great work in progress.
That chaos pygmy warband is leading you toward something very unique.

Have you read Tamurkhan?
Those little friends of yours would fit nicely in an alternative story when the Maggot Lord visits the Gallow Tree and his troops remain waiting in that inhospitable region!

Gallivantes

I've never seen anyone do a pygmy gang before, let alone chaos pygmies. Looking forward to seeing this progress. Do you have any thoughts on the treeman? Would it be a tropical tree?

Cassarus

Thanks for all the encouragement guys! I did get a little more work done, but I going away for the weekend so don't expect any pictures in a few days. I must say though that the extra jointed arms is somewhat challenging. I guess I wanna make it look natural, but its all but natural^^

I've sadley not that the chance to read the Tamurkhan, but I hope I'll get the opertunity eventually.

I have some ideas about my nurgle treeman, a tropical treeman could be cool. My first thought is an infested mangrove.
But I always wanted to do something like this, so I might just take the chance.

Attachments

• nurgletree.jpg
    nurgletree.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 2,510

Cassarus

Sorry about the dubble post but as I mentiond above I did get a little more work done, so this is where he standard now in all his puny glory.
Any thoughts or ideas? I'm away over the weekend though so there will be no more posts in a few days.

Attachments

• received_10154994578193695.jpeg
    received_10154994578193695.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 2,493

Gallivantes

He looks great. Some kind of garment maybe? He looks fine as he is but in terms of ideas that's the only thing I could think of. On the other hand, rocking a mask and nothing else makes him quite the special guy too. Sometimes less is more :grin:

Cassarus

Ah little more work has been done, some basic outlines for the treeman. This is the second version of the treeman as the first got way to big. I have been able to put a little bit more work in on this project since this picture was taken, and I'll try to get some better pictures up later this week. :grin:

Bane

160 --- Dwarf --- Horrible stench, all arms tentacles, multiple heads (3), bestial face on 2 heads (goat) and featureless head on 3rd

From a young age Bromni eschewed all contact with his kin; their mundane conversations, lowly ambitions and monotony of routine angered him. As soon as was possible he up and left, leaving his family without even a goodbye. He had decided to go on grand adventures, explore the world and live life to the full. It was of course destiny that he should eventually join up with a cult of dwarfs known as Trollslayers; those destructive warriors that look to defeat their enemies or face certain death. Working alone with just their axe as company. This was perfect for Bromni.

And he was good at it. Trolls were slain and his reputation as a fierceome slayer grew. He hated the adulation that he started to receive - other adventurers seeking him out, wealthy Dwarves looking to offer him money to fight their enemies, so it was unsurprising that Bromni withdrew further from civilisation and wandered further north into the chaos wastes looking for a true fight.

Everything changed for him one fateful day. He had tracked down a group of trolls to a marsh somewhere in the realm of chaos. But, unbeknownst to Bromni these trolls were led by a powerful sorcerer. Bromni slayed the seven trolls after a fierce fight and was cleaning his axe when the sorcerer returned from an errand. He feigned ignorance of the trolls and instead showed Bromni exaggerated respect and offered the young dwarf an ale. Over the ale the sorcerer skillfully asked questions of Bromni and discovered his desire to fight bigger foes and his disdain for company. The sorcerer saw his opportunity to punish the Dwarf, casting a multiple head spell, where the heads of the next two enemies slain by the dwarf would begin to grow next to his own head. It was not long after this chance meeting that Bromni slayed a warband of beastmen and of course the heads of two of these beasts began to appear from his shoulder. The horror of this situation broke the young dwarf and he wandered for days with the constant chatter and braying of the beastmen always accompanying his every waking moment. It was of course no surprise when the sorcerer re-appeared and offered Bromni salvation as a follower of his chaos god. The path to damnation was set....

255 --- Human --- "Snake tail x2, goat face, feathered hide, hideous appearance, multiplication, suckers FP 14

Still a lot of work to do...

Back