Oldhammer Legacy Project IV: 2017 Spot Color

symphonicpoet

Note: given the incredible degree of agreement I've seen I think we can safely say that the spot color for the gangers should be rainbow and the inquisitors should have a black spot color, optionally mixed with white and maybe shades of grey. Since this all pretty much works together I don't think we really need a vote. In the absence of objections, I say we call this part done.

=======================================================================================================================================
Original Post
=======================================================================================================================================

Zhu Bajie has pointed out that we have previously done two surveys: one for theme and one for spot color. I'll use this thread to solicit further spot color suggestions. In the interest of expediting things I'll take suggestions while the voting for the theme is going on.
If this sounds acceptable I'll put up the survey when the that's finished on the fifteenth and take votes on the spot color for a week. (I get the feeling this will be easier than the theme.)

Edit: Since this got complicated I'll take suggestions through mid-March and we'll run the vote for the last half of that month. We can all get started sculpting/hacking/converting or otherwise thinking and procrastinating without knowing the spot color as a surety.

So far we have:

Gangers
1. Rainbow
2. Black
3. and white (with shades of grey)

Quizzie Folk
1. Rainbow
2. Black
3. and white (with shades of grey. Please keep it under fifty. I would suggest forty nine as a hard limit.)
4. Red

Any further suggestions?

symphonicpoet

antipixi":2sz0n6ua said:
For me the spot colour depends on what the theme is going to be.

How much time would you wish to see between the end of the theme survey and the end of spot color suggestions? Is a week too tight, and then maybe allow another week or two for voting?

Matt in PA

In an effort to be part of the solution rather than just pointing out potential issues, I will propose basic black as the second spot color vs. the almost-universally-agreed-on rainbow theme. This could go either way: inquisition in black vs our crazy rainbow gang, or rainbow inquisition vs. gangers in black.

symphonicpoet

I'll run both options as both and just hope the same one doesn't win both votes? To me this seems pretty easy: Rainbow Inquisitors seem a bit . . . off. But your mileage may vary. Hopefully there will be one or two more suggestions. (Maybe specifying a side.)

symphonicpoet

And I'll add red as a darn fine and unexpected color for the inquisition. Great tradition demands an unexpected choice. Somehow. In . . . some possible universe where no one expects . . . tradition? Oh, never mind. Just vote for black and white. But I had to put it in. ;)

symphonicpoet

I think it's time to close this. It seems to me that rainbow has been nearly unanimous and black or black and white was virtually the only other suggestions. So let's call it rainbow gangers and black (and white) inquisitors. Given all that, I feel a further vote would probably be superfluous. Any objections?

Back