RT Space Marines army first glimpse.

Ooooo, I've used 60mm on mine but 50mm definitely sounds like the one! You've got me wondering if i should rebase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bugcatcherjp":1u8h0pag said:
Ooooo, I've used 60mm on mine but 50mm definitely sounds like the one! You've got me wondering if i should rebase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we mean that the "round" was more important than the base size. Coz 40K is/was all round bases, WFB is/was square. Anyway, it's no deal breaker, just an observation :grin:

AndrewMay

Thanks guys!

Hmm..... I remember old 40K large figures having square bases?

Edit:
Naismith%2BDreads.jpg

Just like that^^^

AndrewMay":363of43j said:
Thanks guys!

Hmm..... I remember old 40K large figures having square bases?

Edit:
Naismith%2BDreads.jpg

Just like that^^^

Well I'll be blown 8-) Never seen that before, but I'd say that'd be the exception, not the rule. I suppose it's personal choice, but it just looks a little strange with everything else based on round bases, but the Dreadnought, that's all :)

Cheers :grin:

twisted moon

gw didn't produce/supply round bases other than 25mm diameter in the (early) rogue trader days. i agree they are aesthetically more pleasing though, and would go with them personally.

Dreadnoughts and larger models didn't get round bases until the transition to third edition in 1998... though even this took quite a while as most of the second edition models and their Square bases endured until the early 2000's.

All my RT and second Ed walkers are mounted on square bases in order to keep them accurate to their original time.

As ever I enjoy seeing your progress!

I like the rag tag notion. There are quite a few corking RT marines who fit that bill well.

Personally I have trouble visualising the whole 'religious battle brothers who dwell in monestaries' description of space marines in the fluff. I prefer to think of them as combat trained/ physically enhanced 'honest thugs' with a few battle-hardened NCOs and a few slightly more edumacated senior officer types.

AndrewMay

Legiocustodes":16difv3z said:
Dreadnoughts and larger models didn't get round bases until the transition to third edition in 1998... though even this took quite a while as most of the second edition models and their Square bases endured until the early 2000's.

All my RT and second Ed walkers are mounted on square bases in order to keep them accurate to their original time.

That was my feeling too, glad I wasn't imagining it! 8-)

AndrewMay

Sadly I hardly made any time for these guys over the Xmas period but did have a good time otherwise!
:grin:

Here's where I'm at so far:

kf347k.jpg

A good portion of them have been preshaded with blue acrylic ink mixed with black paint and a touch of flow enhancher. I do a preshade most of the time with my minis as it kind of outlines the shapes and stops me muddying up the final figure with too many washes.

1z15ul1.jpg

Next they've all gotten lovely bright green bases! I got into GW right around the transition to the "red period" so these bases are etched into my memory. I always try to base first as it;s the biggest PITA and I usually muck up the mini's feet etc if I do it last.

Edit, no idea why the image is displaying like that!

AndrewMay

Now a little something I've been messing around with for a while.
2ezmurc.jpg

333dgk6.jpg

2qs3ytc.jpg

33y1iqb.jpg

It's far from perfect but I'm pretty pleased with it all in all. I would have gotten it done better if I was getting payed but I give myself half an hour of a morning for hobby stuff before "real sculpting" etc begins. Base is weird as I got him finished and realised the plastic figure I'd used was noticeably shorter than his metal buddys so I had to trim the base back and put it on top of another base to get then extra height (if that makes sense?).

Sorry for the crummy picture, He'll get primed over the weekend so I can take a better shot.

AndrewMay":2h6zrdux said:
ramshackle_curtis":2h6zrdux said:
Please note that the dreadought with the bolters has a jump pack as standard equipment,m it may be worth adding one to the model?

Really? :?:

Contemptor: Standard Sensor Package, Jump Pack, Power field with sychroniser. 4 bolt guns WITH targetter, and BS6.

Dreadnoughts are heinous! We usually play using T8 power fields instead of T10.

ardyer

optimus":efkgtyhe said:
So you sculpted up his arms, face and accoutrements? Kick arse man! 8-)
I'm glad you caught that because I was so awe struck and the kick assness of it that I didn't bother to read the text and was about to ask where all those bits came from!

ramshackle_curtis":1gk3643r said:
Contemptor: Standard Sensor Package, Jump Pack, Power field with sychroniser. 4 bolt guns WITH targetter, and BS6.

Dreadnoughts are heinous! We usually play using T8 power fields instead of T10.

I don't have my RT handy Curtis, but is it written in there? I never knew that they came with jump packs & never played them as having them either :? But, where are you supposed to put it on the actual mini? There's no place for it.....it just has the motor on it's back.

Are you sure man? :roll:

Back