The "How to do Oldhammer" Thread

inchmurrin

Finished at last! I have managed to finish off my warband. I'm not up to developing a bit of background for them perhaps with my next project.

First up the banner holder for the chaos warriors, a converted Chaos Marine from Space Crusade.

918879960_o.jpg

918879980_o.jpg

This is the leader of this warband a rescued chaos warrior who had lost an arm and now has a dark eldar organic / mechanical tentacle. He is actually much bluer in the flesh.

918879924_o.jpg

918879944_o.jpg

This is the complete warriors and goblins.

918880060_o.jpg

918880081_o.jpg

And finally the warband.

918880102_o.jpg

I've really enjoyed the project especially with the constraints, I'll go on to my next better prepared. The question is what to do next? Should I start my small animals warband or as it is Orktober start my Hyborks?

All comments and suggestions encouraged.

I like the bright colours on the Chaos Warriors!

I also like the idea of replacing the helmet orb with a skull. I might borrow this idea myself...

inchmurrin

Yes a very chaotic one at that! I was practicing using washes and inks and went a bit overboard - is that possible with a chaos warband?

AndrewMay

TBH when I saw each figure individually I thought "meh" but en mass the warband looks fantastic. Exactly what a lot of us wanted to achieve as wee nippers, a cohesive and striking warband packed with conversions and original ideas. Rainbow of chaos and goblin cultists? Slaanesh FTW!

inchmurrin

Thanks for the comments, they do look better en masse. The next warband will be featured in the showcase or WIP threads. I suppose it should be WIP as all my stuff seems to be a WIP :grin:

twisted moon

here's another batch, all in production figures to the best of my knowledge: terezinya and familiar by reaper (picked up from spirit games by mail order as most of my metal reaper miniatures have been) and the fenryl ark 009 armee squelettes (purchased from battlefield berlin).

... and all together:

Attachments

• Terezinya1.JPG
    Terezinya1.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 1,844
  • Skeleton Army Set.JPG
    Skeleton Army Set.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,844
  • How to do Oldhammer 2.JPG
    How to do Oldhammer 2.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,844

twisted moon

twenty ghouls and a nosferatu to add to the ranks.

the ten citadel ghouls were picked up from ebay earlier this year for £2.74 a piece inluding p&p. the eight heresy, two (plastic) mantic ghouls and the reaper nosferatu are all currently available.

Attachments

• Ghouls & Liche2.JPG
    Ghouls & Liche2.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 240
Back