I want to just bring a huge army and fight

Mr Furious

About it really...can provide a massive human army, mats and terrain (castles if need be)...just need a table and opponents

Golgfag1

Fimm McCool":32px0fh5 said:
Human, elf, what's the difference really? ;)

Usually a deftness of hand, a calmness of mind, a foot in height, pointy ears and just to get up everybody else's nose: the knowledge at least in their own head -that their right ;)

Paul / Golgfag1

Snickit

Golgfag1":2bs6g0zf said:
Fimm McCool":2bs6g0zf said:
Human, elf, what's the difference really? ;)

Usually a deftness of hand, a calmness of mind, a foot in height, pointy ears and just to get up everybody else's nose: the knowledge at least in their own head -that their right ;)

Paul / Golgfag1

And the ability, should Peter Jackson's cinematic interpretation of "The Return of the King" be taken note of, to be virtually immune to the affects of inebriation, a fact not borne out by Tolkein himself as evidenced by the sozzled cellar "men" of the Wood Elf court in the pages of "The Hobbit".

dadde

Ehy Mr. Furious, i can be your man! I MIGHT be able to attend BOYL17 coming from italy...That would be my first time :)
i m on a 90% because i become father on 17 Jan/2017 and i need to see if i can leave italy without risking divorce :grin: .
Problem is ..that i ve an empire army too !
Maybe we can setup some big scenario with 2 more? like a 6th edition siege of something?

Mr Furious

Erny, all these pointy eared sprites! Do you need some orc allies?

Dadde, could well be an option if I bring my greentide.

weazil

Hi chaps

I'm just warming up to start preparing for BOYL 2017 a I've left a comment for Dadde in the general discussion forum that I think applies here.

I take special interest in super huge games, because of the table constraints. There are only three 'massive' tables and I don't want to see opportunities to use a super large table effectively be lost because there was a prospect of a super big game.

So, I'd like to help you guys try to organise this thing, so that we can see if you really need a super large table or not.

I think the best way for you guys to generate interest in this is to use photos. Take pictures of then ceaseless tides of your orcs, or empire, or whatever . Help people to imagine who they might be up against. Create interesting characters that inspire and then tells us about them. Things like this attract the attention of players, who will then start to do the dame thing themselves, leading to a real commitment from the players.

So, let's see these armies, let's see their generals. One of the key reasons BOYL is different to other gaming events is that the ting thrives on narrative. You can get 'random army A fights random army B for no obvious reason' at any club anywhere in the world.

At BOYL, can create war stories you will tell your friends for years to come. You can create special characters not on paper, but on the actual battlefield, forged in a legendary conflict . You can even get Kev to sculpt a face on that legendary model, or get Tony to draw the guy - this is special, so invest some time into its preparations.

I hope that helps, but please feel free to pm me or just chat here to see how can realise this thing for you.

Final note - epic doesn't always mean big - you might find a better game could be had with many players working with smaller forces, or even with many different, small forces.

mightyjeff

mightyjeff":3ebrbmla said:
Makes perfect sense and good advice, I'll post something at the weekend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2050668d498d0bcff3dcf740587a51bd.jpg
d3a4f555263b1f2c65fa6f55225e3454.jpg

mightyjeff

Wood elves, I have a larger high elf army. Still some stuff to paint for the high elves. Total of around 500 miniatures

weazil

My word, that's a lot of wood elves!

I am particularly interested to see your high elves now, especially if they are from the same era!

But, that certainly looks good on the table, who wouldn't want to get their teeth stuck into that lot?

mightyjeff

The high elves are all strictly 1980s although a few are grenadier rather than Citadel. I have a few high elves to paint but want to complete them for BOYL17 if I can find an opponent.....

I'll post some high elves in a few days....

Back