Orctober

Snickit

There was some discussion on the Facebook group about the lack of a certain Brother of mine not shouting about Orctober this year.

Erny has been a bit out of the gaming scene this year so I thought I'd kick it off for him. If I can kick his green butt into action then hopefully he'll pick it up from there.

First things first, any decent artist's out there want to design a Logo for this year or is last year's artist (not sure if it was my brother himself but I seem to remember it not being) mind updating it to 2016 instead of 2015?

Aside from all of the above does anyone have any Orctober offerings to add to this thread?

Orctober?

So what's the deal? Take some time out this month, paint some Orcs and post pictures of them?
What's the tradition, GW fantasy and space Orks?

Snickit

Gallowglacht":of0kqpsh said:
Orctober?

So what's the deal? Take some time out this month, paint some Orcs and post pictures of them?
What's the tradition, GW fantasy and space Orks?

Pretty much. They can be any sort of Orcy/Orky Greenskin. This means Goblins, Gretchin, Knoblars, Black Orcs, Hobgoblins (even the orange ones) and Snotlings are all fair game too.

Erny

Hello,

I've been nudged and am planning soem orctober posts soon. Happy to share the running with you Snickit and yes I could update last years banner to 2016, it was my work and I had been trying to get round to a new one for this year. I'd be very happy to see others contribute however.

New orcs are acceptable just keep an old school feel as you would if you used them for oldhammer games. Battle reports, meusings on lists, tactics or rules are also welcom as is fiction of any kind or even accounts of fond orcy memories. I should get round to sorting out a prize but given last years winner had a request instead of taking the prize and I still haven't honoured it I need to get my arse in gear.

Snickit

Forget Gork and Mork we've managed to invoke the Greenest God of them all!

Erny back is up and running again on the Forum - Orctober lives!

Erny":1crt3rob said:
Hello,

I've been nudged and am planning soem orctober posts soon. Happy to share the running with you Snickit

Am happy to help if you need it, aside form that am happy to step aside. I was simply trying to fill the Erny shaped hole for you adoring Orc loving fans.

Fimm McCool

I'm hoping to finally get my goblinoids combat cards painting off the ground... with a particular project I have in mind. However I also have a ton of commission sculpting to be getting on with so we'll see. There'll be green miniatures one way or another!

Zhu Bajie

Hurrah!

To Orcdom

Tis the season of rust and bellowed Waaargh!
Thrice-accursed fiend of the mushlings spore;
Conspiring with him how to load and curse
With blood the iron that through the Man-things run;
To bend with skulls the grisly standard-poles,
And fill all Uruks with the bloodlust of the waaargh.

- Johann Keyates

I am planning on painting up a plastic Battle Masters Orc warrior from 1992 to take the role of Ulag, the Orc Warlord, from Hero Quest.

ulag2.jpg

I am going to paint him to look like this guy:

ulag.jpg

By which I mean I'll borrow the shield design, and perhaps add some rudimentary horns to his helm.

Hey Erny,

I'm happy & relieved that your gunna do Orctober again. It's a big highlight in my hobby year.

Don't fuss about the prize either, when your ready, your ready :)

For my entry I'm going to be trying to get Kulo finished & if time permits I'll try and get my Nob painted up too :grin:

Cool banana's!

Subedai

I've taken Orctober as an inspiration to complete my Snortas. Four new riders added so I now have a full rank with hero and champion. Second rank to follow - hopefully all within the month.

Just won 3 AD&D Goblins, so this will be a nice kick in the rear to get them done... Once they actually arrive, I'll post a pic, and perhaps a revised goal. ;)

Bane

I'm going to try and recreate this illustration of the sleeping orc sentry from the Warlock of Firetop Mountain:

wofm-005_zpsnavoivnf.png

it really will, can't wait to see that.

for orctober i have got a base of battlemasters orcs, and a skwad of khorne's stormboyz.

waaaaagh!

Erny

Loving the orctober goodness so far a couple of people got stuff out and still more promising things.

Optimus, glad you love orctober as much as me, I've had an idea that the box you want scanned is perhaps in my loft and I will be investigating soon.

Subedai MB2's on boars, inspired. Such an easy conversion, wish i'd thought of it. Oh and the painting is awesome as always.

Zhu's name generator is as always a step more authentic than my own efforts.

For my own contribution I've done a Orctober, or rather Orktober banner. Feel free to use or abuse as you see fit, more on the blog, though not much more than I've already said. Oh except the usual prize draw
:grin: :

http://ernysplace.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/orctober-2016.html

orctober%2B2016.png

Back