Helsreach large game - Mayor Snakehand pg 5

Scalene suggested a big game of Helsreach for 2017, so we will be hosting it.

The idea is to use one of the big boards and lay out Helsreach, the mining town on Logans World as described in the RT rule book.

We will put out the town and some surrounding bad-lands and run the town all day sataurday. There will be multiple GMs running the town, market, police and such like.

Its a participation game, so anyone who brings a gang made using inquisimunda or necromunda (or a random gang that you decide is really cool and just HAVE to bring) can drop in at any time, or leave town to go and play another game. The gangs will be given some starting resources with which to barter, sell, gamble and steal.

At different times in the day there will be set events, such as a Speeder Bike race, a mining convoy entering town and other fun participation sub-games. The gang who makes the most profit by the end of the day will be declared the over all winner!

So really, you can come, join in, hang around, have a bit of a shoot out, watch the race, enter the race, leave, come back again, sell your goods, get ripped off, steal some more from the wherehouse, try to sell them, shoot some cops.

THE IDEA

Scalene wanted to set up Helsreach from Logans world, in the RT rule book. I thought it was a great idea.
We will be setting up a large table's worth of town and wasteland for the weekend.
If you want to join in we will be runnign the town all day sataurday.

The gang who makes the most profit over the weekend will be the winner.
To earn money players can buy and sell tradeable goods, steal from other players (and so earn a bounty on uour heads)
or do bounty hunting.

Gangs can bring vehicles. All vehicles are free from points cost, and will be suitably nurfed.
Please treat them as a way to get around the huge table, and as theme for your gang.

I will be posting up special rules for play as we get nearer the day, such as a list of tradeable items to buy before the day.

GAMES
Friday afternoon will see a raid on a goods caravan entering the town. THis will be defenders vs attackers. Best bing a vehicle or something to go in the caravan.
There will be a jet bike race at about lunch time on saturday.
All day sataurday will be gang fights in or around the town, and trading.

GANGS
Each player has a gang at normal starting costs chosen from Necromunda, Inquisimunda or Shadow War Armegeddon.
(Please note that some Inquisimunda gangs get more than the usual 1000 creds to spend. Read the rules for your gang!)

Any gang members may buy extra experiance at 10 Credits for D6 experience.

RULES
In general we will be using the Necromunda rules.
Shooting weapons will be using Inquisimuna stats.
However, we will be using the normal warhammer combat rules, with "to hit/to wound" charts.
This will be combat using the 40k 4th ed rules. Where the "to hit" table to hit equal WS is 4+
Vehicle Rules are specified below.

While keeping everything Warhammer, to have many players and not slow to an unberable crawl there are some changes to turn structure.
Playes all take thier turns at the same time. Trust us, this works out pretty well.
There will be a way to determine priority of who acts first in case of conflict.
SO the turn will be:

TURN
Declare Charges, ramming or running over
Move
Actions
Bottle Tests

ACTIONS
Shoot
Combat
Trade
Place Bet
Move Zone
Respawn

FACTIONS
THere will be 4 factions in game. Players must choose one.
HELSREACH TOWN COUNCIL: The police, Mayor and other NPCs. Players cant be in this faction.
TRADERS: Miners, Rogue Traders, etc. These recieve the protection of the local police.
SANCTIONED MERCINARIES: These may capture outlaws and collect thier bounty. They are usually ignored by the local police.
OUTLAWS: Open season! Outlaws will need to sneak into the town, will be harassed by everyone but can steal as much as they like.

FIGTING A SKIRMISH
If your gang attacks at another gang or indeed gets attacked, then both gangs are engaged in a "Skirmish".
Skirmish lasts until one gang bottles and are essentially in an "instance"
Winner gets bounty or may rob the losers. More specific rules to follow.

INJURIES
When gang bottle it Respawns at the Health Center.
Any injuries are healed.
The ang misses next turn.

MOVING AROUND THE BOARD
There will be points on the board where your models can "teleport" to other parts of the board.
This is just to make sure the game runs smoothly and the GMs will stop it being abused!
Also look for the portal to a city in the realm of fantasy!

MAKING MONEY
Players can make money by Trading, Bounty or Stealing

BOUNTY Take criminal gangers to the police
STEALING Criminals can sell stolen goods at thier own trader.
TRADING Sell your stock of goods. Prices change during the day!

TRADING
Gangs can bring a stock of goods to sell during the day.
Players have 100 creds extra on top of thier gang creds to buy stock.
Players may also spend thier staring gang creds to buy stock (this will mean a weaker gang, more easily robbed!)

Purchase Sell Price
Price, Low, High,

water 5, 8, ,10,
fuel 15, 20, 25,
space spice 20, 10, 50,
ore 10, 12, 20,
trade goods 10, 5, 30,

JET BIKE RULES

The jet bike reules are shrouded in mystery.
Basically, you bring a Bike, get given a sheet and some upgrade cards.
Then the race is on! Its easy and we will explain it on the day.

EASTER EGGS
There will be some hidden bonuses and other things for those who take the time to investigate.

VEHICLES

Vhhicles are free to include in your gang.
You can mount weapons on them as you choose, but the weapon costs come out of your gang creds.

Movement Toughnes Capacity Damage Manouverability

Speeder Bike 100, 5, 2, 3, 270
Ground Car 24, 6, 5, 6, 180
Land Train 16, 9 8, 20, 90,
Trailer 0, 6, 4, 10, 0
APC 20, 8 12, 12, 90,
Tractor 16, 7, 2, 8, 90
Ornithopter 36, 6, 4, 6, 270
Mining Walker 16, 8, 12, 20, 180

MOVEMENT
Vehicles may only increase thier speed by half of theier Movement each turn. SO vehicles go from 0 to full speed in 2 turns.

MANOUVERABILITY
Manouverability shows how many degrees a vehicle may spin each turn.
A vehicle may spin any amount of degrees at any point in its movement.
Vehicles may make multiple spins each turn as long as the total is not more than it's Manouverability.
This rule is to make moveing simple, so just estimate, usually in 45, 90 or 180 degree spins.

SPECIAL DAMAGE
If a vehicle takes more than 3 damage in a single turn it may take Special Damage.
Roll a D6,

1,2,3 Minor Mishap
4,5,6 Major Damage

Minor Mishap
1. Spins D6 x D6 degrees
2. Grinds to a halt and may not move next turn.
3. Driver spills thier beverage, so is pinned
4. Lurches forward D6 inches
5. Random Passenger(or diver) falls off and is pinned.
6. Chips the paint work.

Major Damage
1. Spins D6 x D6 x D6 degrees
2. Immobilised
3. Everyone on board is pinned
4. Lurches 3D6" 1-2 45 degrees left
3-4 straight forward
5-6 45 degrees right
5. Severe crash. Everyone on board must pass an Initiative test or take a wound. Armour saves apply as normal.
6. Destroyed. D6" Diameter explosion, at S2+D3

SHOOTING AT MODELS ON VEHICLES
Models in a vehicle or mounted on one are in hard cover at all times.
You need actual line of sight to be able to hit them.

ATTACKING A VEHICLE
Roll to attack vehicles as normal.
Vehicles count as WS 1.

BOARDING OR DISEMBARKING
To get on or off a moving vehicle, take an Initiative test.
If failed, the figure is placed off the vehicle at a random point and is pinned.

RAMMING OTHER VEHICLES
Declare your Ram at the start of the turn.
The target driver may attempt to dodge the ram.
To dodge a ram attempt roll equal or under the driver's Initiative.
Target vehicle will take D6 Damage.
The Rammer takes 1 Damage.

RUNNING OVER PEDETRIANS
Declare your Ram at the start of the turn.
Characters may attempt a dodge.
To dodge a run-over attempt roll equal or under Initiative.
If they fail to dodge roll a dice. On the roll of a 6 the model is injured, although they may take thier armour roll.
If roll 1-5 then they are pinned.

FRIDAY SCHEDULE
set up by 2pm
2pm open play
When players show up "Attack the Caravan"

SATAURDAY SCHEDULE

10-12 in and around town
12-2 Jet Bike Race (please bring a jet bike to enter)
2-4 Work period
4-6 Scenrio
6 to end Wrap up play

Bane

Re: Helsreach large game

Sounds like a lot of fun, count me in with my own Logan's World Gang - what sort of number of models are we looking at per gang?

Fantastic!

Im going to be organising a list of commodities that will be tradeble in the town. I will publish this probably next month.

THere will also be a jet bike race, if anyone wants parts from from my latest KS about jet bikes please PM me. Anyone can bring a bike and enter, you get it for zero points, a bike and rider, so dont have to include it in your gang roster. You can also bring no gang and just a bike, or borrow a bike.

ramshackle_curtis":2kmzeifd said:
Fantastic!

Im going to be organising a list of commodities that will be tradeble in the town. I will publish this probably next month.

THere will also be a jet bike race, if anyone wants parts from from my latest KS about jet bikes please PM me. Anyone can bring a bike and enter, you get it for zero points, a bike and rider, so dont have to include it in your gang roster. You can also bring no gang and just a bike, or borrow a bike.

Oooh, oooh, oooh!!!! I've got a jet bike! Can I bring mine to the race too? :grin:

Sounds really interesting! I'd like to bring my Goliaths to town in order to do some damage!
And, why not, maybe I should give my leader a nice bike (Goliaths on bikes!!! They totally look like Mad Max punks!).
I'll be looking forward for more details!

Vehicle rules will be custom ones!!! All vehicles will be free, so bring as many was you want. They will give movement bonuses and mobile cover. Rules will be very basic for vehicles, and easy to dodge/destroy/repair. Think of them as adding flavour to your gang but necessarily being so useful in combat. They will be heavily subject to GM rulings......

Back