Fimarines

lornalim

At the request of Mr Papafakis (Optimus):
Space Fimir pirate raiders (Fimarines) of the Red Skulls crew show up uninvited at the party, their poor depth perception more than made up for by mostly toting rusty power armour, power fists, energy weapons and bolt pistols with +2 to hit. Inspired by Curtis Fell (HT for showing me the similarity between beakie helmets and fimir heads) and the upcoming Space Fomorian from Diego Serrate, I thought I'd get ahead of the game and create his warband before he shows up on my doorstep. Also Ornithopter to hop these guys into the fray (thanks Aidan Baxter and Curtis Fell again). I used wire and green stuff to create some tails to pop out the back of those rectangular plates at the back of the beakie body base (I imagine the plates have hinges on for when they want to suit-up!). Hence the tail display in the middle...very Braveheart. Thanks also to Mark Evans for sending me some Chilled Monkey Brains Fimir heads...check em out if you haven't seen 'em. [Interestingly, the beakie hands usually used for cradling the bolters can be painted easily to look like having just 3 fingers and a thumb...and the normal beakie fists can be filed down easily too. Number of toes on the feet solved neatly by power-armour boots...]

Attachments

• IMAG1744.jpg
    IMAG1744.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 2,593
  • IMAG1745.jpg
    IMAG1745.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2,593
  • IMAG1748.jpg
    IMAG1748.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 2,593

lornalim

Attachments

• IMAG1767.jpg
    IMAG1767.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 2,590
  • IMAG1760.jpg
    IMAG1760.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 2,590
  • IMAG1762.jpg
    IMAG1762.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2,590
Thanks for posting them up Paul, they look great!

With the heads, did you modify them at all or just paint them to look like a helmet?

And the insignia, is that a freehand job or a transfer?

Top job :grin:

lornalim

Hiya! And thanks for the encouragement :) The heads are from Chilled Monkey brains...its a straight swap out for an old beakie marine head, then painted as you would a Fimir head. The Red Skulls symbols on the shoulder pads are freehand, not a transfer. I'll be popping a beakie body and fimir head on your jet-bike and then painting it these colours with a Red Skulls grafitto on the side somewhere :)

symphonicpoet

That's a heck of an idea there and very well done! There's someone else as really ought to see this. Oh Fimm . . . found your 40K calling? It's a Fimir smackdown duel to the swampy death! And we won't think about what happens after. ;) Very well done indeed lornalim. And I love your emblems.

Zhu Bajie

That's a great ornithopter, straight out of RT.

The giant fly, the single eye. I'm getting a slight Nurgle vibe off these.

Suber

This is so cool! The concept is pure genius, and the paintjob is cracking, I love all of it. I saw that Ornithopter in the BOYL pics, I do need one!!

Sweet. These weird proportioned power armour are perfect for alien bodies.
Also, sweet to see that weathered look on old miniatures. Custom aircraft is nice too.

lornalim

Hi all, thanks so much for all your kind comments...I tend to hang out on FB so I only check here every now and again. Anyway, here is a new model for the force...Fimm warlord on suped up jetbike, with power maul and flamer. Including heads of three different species and a baggie of offal, hands and feet. Some inspiration taken from Reavers in Firefly. Bike specially cast by Mr Papafakis (http://papafakis.blogspot.co.uk/…/the-castings-done-dude.ht…). Arms and tail from Geoff Solomon-Sims' recent Myeri set. Head from Mark Evans. Orc, Kroot and Squat head from various sets. A most enjoyable kitbash for my Red Skulls Space Fimir pirate warband.

Attachments

• IMAG1798.jpg
    IMAG1798.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,415
  • IMAG1801.jpg
    IMAG1801.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,415
  • IMAG1804.jpg
    IMAG1804.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2,415
He looks great Lornalim!

I like your pirate colour scheme. You've tied him into your other Fimarines really well.

Top job :grin:

Strange and awesome. I really like the grey colours and odd mix of bits. Quite a strange project to inspire you to do! The Ornithopter looks great too. If anyone wants one please send me a message ;)

I love the results you've achieved!

As with so many of the painted figures I've spotted on the forum, they are inspiring.

That Mr Papafakis jet bike is a great model too!

Asslessman

Top stuff that fimarine army, the Jet Bullock bike is also a really cool update of the original, I've just finished building mine and I must guys both of you Paul and Shane have motivated me to scratch that beakie itch !

Back