Ebay ridiculousness

Chico

Stormbringer":27egviz6 said:
I'm raising an eyebrow at this one.

My own copy of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, which is going to be ending tomorrow afternoon, was at £16 this afternoon.

This evening, it's up to £290!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-Fan ... 1873660489

What the heck is going on? Is this a joke?

£415 now, looks like someone is using 2 accounts (Theres and a newbie/seconary account) to feck up your auction. I bet the one with 4 feedback ends up winning and not paying

or Someone put in a high bid just to stop getting snipped and a someone else noticed that and wants to run it up.

Either way not good.

Unless they actually pay, in which case, score!

But, yeah, I bet they won't pay either. Good thing this is my last major eBay sale.

Fimm McCool

Chico":xow7otdx said:
Hmmm to be fair it is a nice looking 100%complete set, HQ in the last few months has shot up in price due in part to that review on Youtube going viral plus we all know about getting caught in a bidding war.

It's not THAT good, and there are BIN sets which are just as good for £50 or so.

Stormbringer, that sucks dude. Kinda funny, but shame people have to be such dicks for no reason.

£460 now.

I sent him a message asking if he actually intends to pay this much. No response. Why on earth would anyone do this? What a waste of everyone's time.

Zhu Bajie

Up to £510, I think the £50 on your WFB looks suspicious too.

To enter into the realm of complete conspiracy theory, they might be trying to force a collectors bubble. If they've got a box of 100 copies of 1E WFRP, which easily sell for £20 each then the investment to build a track record of inflated prices makes sense. A third party will enter the fray, they'll pay up the dosh, then relist and bounce the item between them, creating a false trail of value, skewing the market. They can then sell their stock for silly money. Similar thing happened with Disney Black Diamond VHS tapes, and lets be honest RoC:LatD is neither as rare or as good as the price demanded.

Zhu Bajie":d8ey7jf4 said:
and lets be honest RoC:LatD is neither as rare or as good as the price demanded.

The thing with LatD is that it's roughly about twice as rare as StD due to the lack of a second print run compared to StD, so it gets naturally inflated as collectors are pretty anal and want both books in a 2 part set.

It is, however a pointless, bloated ego-fest vanity project of a book, but it has some great artwork in it, so it's not entirely worthless. ;)

Stormbringer":2c7hrswm said:
£460 now.

I sent him a message asking if he actually intends to pay this much. No response. Why on earth would anyone do this? What a waste of everyone's time.

To be honest, I'd just cancel the bids. It's someone playing silly buggers.

Zhu Bajie

dieselmonkey":3s6yqags said:
Zhu Bajie":3s6yqags said:
and lets be honest RoC:LatD is neither as rare or as good as the price demanded.

The thing with LatD is that it's roughly about twice as rare as StD due to the lack of a second print run compared to StD, so it gets naturally inflated as collectors are pretty anal and want both books in a 2 part set.

It is, however a pointless, bloated ego-fest vanity project of a book, but it has some great artwork in it, so it's not entirely worthless. ;)

Ah, none of the art is as good as anything in StD. Yeah, I get the two part set thing, but the fact is there are epic craptons of StD and more than enough LatD to supply the meagre demand from collectors, the price is artificially maintained by a conception of scarcity that has no bearing on the actual availability of the book. Actually scarce Warhammer books would be the 1988 Chapter Approved and maybe Siege.

Zhu Bajie":19y03l8v said:
I think the £50 on your WFB looks suspicious too.

Well, somebody paid £57 for WHB3E + Armies just now.

But, the same guy who won the auction for Roleplay at £510 also won WHB1E for £50. Unsurprisingly, he hasn't paid either yet (though it's only been a few minutes since the Roleplay auction closed).

Well, I did say on the listing that there was a name in the inside cover.

It's some guy called "T. LEWENS". Maybe I should have marketed that. ULTRA RARE EDITION SIGNED BY T. LEWENS HIMSELF!!! :lol:

Fimm McCool

Well there ya go. Good work buddy! Time to list my copies do you think? ;)
dieselmonkey":t5i4b7kh said:

I loved reading LatD. Some fantastic ideas and the art is great (in my opinion). Sure StD is a more useful book for actual gaming, but I prefer the background to the actual gaming experience anyhow. :)

grim1

dieselmonkey":2dkb2mbu said:
Stormbringer":2dkb2mbu said:
£460 now.

To be honest, I'd just cancel the bids. It's someone playing silly buggers.

bet you're glad he didn't cancel the auction now. DM. £510 wow.... bet it's some banker who has just discovered that he has a guilty conscience about stealing from us plebs for so long.

Back