Suber's HeroQuest

Suber

Latest addition are these pig-faced Orcs by Otherworld. I'm aware that not everyone will like the pig concept, but I find them terribly hilarious, and like every other Otherworld mini, they are pure love.

whxjr9.jpg

152l1zc.jpg

2ithell.jpg

n2jyo2.jpg

fxxc42.jpg

2dt3pc1.jpg

2086u1k.jpg

The icing on the cake was this 'Hogman' by Hasslefree (I do love Hasslefree). Fits in the group and makes a nice leader:

nfog9z.jpg

So here they are!

mlp01l.jpg

On the blog, as usual...
http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... -face.html

I was after some Crooked Claw Goblins, but now that the shop is closed :( I'll have to look for some alternatives...

inchmurrin

Great orcs love the attitude and even the pig faces but less so the Hasselfree doesn't quite have the same feeling about it.

Suber

Thank you! Well, of course the Hasslefree sculpt is quite different to the others; I considered sculpting some cloak, cap or anything to make him more lookalike to the others, but I finally let it be.

I've got another dungeon dweller, Hasslefree again. I was looking for some Chaos Warriors to provide some company to my HQ ones. I saw this one and fell in love. I first tried some colour on. Nothing too risky, classic red:

Caos%2B1.jpg

Caos%2B2.jpg

Buuuut... Honestly, I didn't see it. This is my nemesis, one of those things you see other people achieve gorgeously, but each time I try, I fail. Miserably. I simply cannot make colours work on this kind of armour.
Then I tried a totally different approach. Brass!

Caos%2B3.JPG

Caos%2B4.JPG

Caos%2B5.JPG

Caos%2B6.JPG

Not any wonder, but at least this allows me to sleep :roll:.

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.e ... chaos.html

I'm aware there's quite a difference between this sculpt and the original HeroQuest Chaos Warriors, but nevertheless I hope it can work. When I get my Pantheon of Chaos Warriors I'll get another chance to try colours again...

Suber":2fu7cv0x said:
Not any wonder, but at least this allows me to sleep :roll:.

I don't want to wake you up again, but I like the red version better. I would perhaps have added some lighter edge highlights, but otherwise that mini looked very good in red :grin:

I think that the brass version looks better - maybe because it seems darker in the recesses between the armor plates, which creates a nice contrast. Maybe that's what was missing on the red version.

Suber

Haha, I can see there are different opinions, that's a good thing! :grin:
I still need to find my inner peace with color. I promise to try again! :!:

Back