Toison's bretonnian gallery

Suber

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I missed your previous work. Now that I see it all I must say it's absolutely wonderful. Tremendously beautiful pieces. Hats off.

I realise I'm late to the party, but I just want to echo what everyone else has said about the marvelous heraldry. Lovely models; they could have stepped out of the pages of an illuminated manuscript.

Toison d'or

Thank you all for the comments.
It's been a looooooonng time, but I'm not dead, yet. And always painting bretonnian minis ! :lol:
First, I painted a banner using one of my prefered figurine : Morgiana, converted with a pole and a new mount :

pe111.jpg

pe510.jpg

Then I put my brushes on two old questing knights :
A Yellow one called "the enchanter" (because of his lance wich is close to Mickey's hat in Fantasia movie ;) )

imgp3817.jpg

imgp3816.jpg

A champion I enjoy particularly :

imgp3824.jpg

imgp3819.jpg

imgp3825.jpg

And a picture of both these miniatures :

imgp3811.jpg

As you can see, I'm not particularly speedy concerning painting. :lol:
Nethertheless, I always take pleasure with these magnificient old bretonnians figurines, especialy the last ones. These old questing knight are among the most natural and precise minis I ever painted, a real pleasure. :grin:

symphonicpoet

Holy cow! Morgiana, she baked some tarts, all of a summer's day! I'm not quite sure who stole them and carried them away, probably Mr. Redhead as he's probably slightly closer kin, but whoever took them Morgiana won the day in the end because she's absolutely boss! Wow! And again I say wow!

Gallivantes

I admire your patience (and skill!) with all that patterning and freehand. If it comes out this nice I hope you keep taking your time with it.

Suber

I'm just stuck in front of my computer, not really sure of what can I say about your work, wow, really stunning, I'm drooling all over.

Wow, just wow! Your Bretonnians look amazing. And as others have mentioned before, the freehand painting on the fabrics are especially impressive. I think your painting style has a nice balance between "colorful" and "realistic".

Toison d'or

Thank you, all of you ! :grin:
Two more knights have joined my host. I love these old V5 questing knights, a little expensive when bought on e-bay, but love them anyway. :lol:

imgp4012.jpg

imgp4010.jpg

imgp4014.jpg

imgp4017.jpg

And a "group picture" of the four knights already painted :

imgp4018.jpg

Toison d'or

Thank you but ...
@scrollmaster :
Décals ? I never used décals. With the practice, I manage to make the design I want. For exemple, these last questing knights have the same arms as the originals ones of GW studio, in 1998 : I love this "old style" taste. ;)

Back