Golgfag1's preparations for BOYL 2016

Golgfag1

Thanks for the response,

In hope that the 'BIG' game comes off this year (either at BOYL or another venue?), I've been working on a touch of eye candy - sacrificial alter for my chaos horde (scantily clad girls awaiting the attentions of one side or the other!) Oh, and a few Grenadier barbarian types. 8-)

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• workbench 1.JPG
    workbench 1.JPG
    310.3 KB · Views: 2,280
  • workbench 2.JPG
    workbench 2.JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 2,280
  • workbench 4.JPG
    workbench 4.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 2,280
  • archers.JPG
    archers.JPG
    316.6 KB · Views: 2,280

Zhu Bajie

Are you working in the purple flannel as some chaos terrain? It's cool!

As is this badassery:
file.php

He's gonna look great with those barbarians and maidens, a real pulp Sword and Sorcery vibe going down. Good show!

Golgfag1

Realized, I haven't been working on the guys & galls that would be needed to call the daemon horde into the 'normal' plain of existence, so have been concentrating recent efforts on more 'mundane' types. The flannel is just what was to hand when I took the pictures, nothing more than that, as for the wizard & his bearers - he's sat in my to do box for way too long, but now I've started - he's becoming a bit a star, in my opinion. :grin:
Thanks for the comments, I sometimes think I'm posting to a multitude (from the number of views of this topic), but as no one gives me any feedback to review how well or badly I'm doing; apart from scaring folks with the numbers of what I'm painting (daemons lots of daemons, still over a hundred lesser daemons to paint!)it's been hard to gauge re-action. I originally took up the idea of daemons - following the siege game at BOYL, when someone put a unit of blood-letters on the table, not many, but the howls of foul was interesting; thus, the little grey cells started working - on how I could play daemons without appearing too beardy, hence the push with the painting & hence my recent purchases of two Realms of Chaos books - looking for ideas. Not sure where this will lead, but the endeavour is worth the effort in my opinion. 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

So, this morning I settled down to re-start painting the horde after a pretty long break for various reasons which I'll not go into here; and got as far as this

Then the post came and I found this had arrived -

Which will become something like this

Guess which one is now on my work bench?

Paul / Golgfag1 (A wargaming butterfly) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• Large Daemons.JPG
    Large Daemons.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 2,189
  • mammoth.JPG
    mammoth.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 2,189
  • mammoth A JPG.jpg
    mammoth A JPG.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 2,189

Golgfag1

Sorry haven't posted for a while here's my latest offerings a completed Greater Daemon and the WIP Mammoth, already progressed from this ready for the BIG GAME in March!

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Large Daemon 1.JPG
    Large Daemon 1.JPG
    301.4 KB · Views: 2,144
  • Large Daemon 3.JPG
    Large Daemon 3.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 2,144
  • Large Daemon  2.JPG
    Large Daemon 2.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 2,144
  • mammoth B JPG.jpg
    mammoth B JPG.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 2,144

Golgfag1

Almost there with the Mammoth, should be ready for the weekend, all being well

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• mammoth C.JPG
    mammoth C.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 2,108

Golgfag1

Thanks One & All,

For your very kind comments, hopefully there will be plenty of picture of the game this weekend to show off what I've produced since BOYL 2015 and of what still needs to be done!

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Well, following the success of the War Mammoth, I couldn't really help myself when the opportunity arose to acquire the War Rhino, which arrived to day, yes. Give me a week or two or even the Easter weekend and I should have something to show you soon. :grin:

Happy bunny
Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• War Rhino A.JPG
    War Rhino A.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,925
  • War Rhino B.JPG
    War Rhino B.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,925

Chico

Oh you make me jealous with your Grenadier toys, might have to save my pockmoney up for a few big beasties :)

Golgfag1

Chico":278y330q said:
Oh you make me jealous with your Grenadier toys, might have to save my pocketmoney up for a few big beasties :)

I wouldn't get too jealous Chico, when considered against 'normal' foot figures, the beasties work out reasonably cheap, at about thirty pounds a model and just to prove I'm not just collecting and painting "BIG" stuff, here's a few pictures of a figure I picked up last year, which I'll be using as one of my beast handlers, enjoy. :grin:

As ever my pictures do me no favors.

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• beast handler A.JPG
    beast handler A.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,886
  • beast handler B.JPG
    beast handler B.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,886
  • beast handler C.JPG
    beast handler C.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,886
  • beast handler D.JPG
    beast handler D.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,886
  • beast handler E.JPG
    beast handler E.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,886

Golgfag1

WIP on my additional beast handlers, still a bit to do, but to all intents &purposes done; now all I have to do are their charges!

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• beast handler 8.JPG
    beast handler 8.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,869
  • beast handler 1.JPG
    beast handler 1.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,869
  • beast handlers 1.JPG
    beast handlers 1.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 1,869

Golgfag1

Well just about finished the Grenadier War Rhino, took a bit longer than expected, but well worth the effort; so here's the sum of my efforts so far, enjoy :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• war Rhino.JPG
    war Rhino.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 1,833
  • war Rhino 1.JPG
    war Rhino 1.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,833
  • War Rhino 2.JPG
    War Rhino 2.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,833
  • War Rhino 3.JPG
    War Rhino 3.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,833
  • War Rhino 4.JPG
    War Rhino 4.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,833
  • War Rhino 5.JPG
    War Rhino 5.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 1,833

Golgfag1

So, while I was waiting for the paint to dry on the giant I painted some of the detritus I cleared from around my painting table to give me a warband for Frost Grave.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• all together now.JPG
    all together now.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,769
  • thugs 2.JPG
    thugs 2.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 1,769
  • the rest of the warband. 2JPG.JPG
    the rest of the warband. 2JPG.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,769

Golgfag1

Well, the direction of what I was planning to take to BOYL has changed in the couple of weeks since Enry's announces that the 'BIG' Fantasy game is back on the cards, so whats now on my work bench - A bunch of Grenadier Amazons & barbarians, Celtos Gaels, a couple of Mammoths, two sabre toothed tiger chariots, five of Geoff's May Queens and three Citadel Hydras, yes that's quite a change from the half finished Grenadier Giant you can see in the background.

Hope to see you there

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• painting table.JPG
    painting table.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,679

Erny

Looking very exciting Golgfag1, the prospect of all that bare flesh, you will run out of tanned skin. We will have to come up with suitable rules for the rhino, perhaps as the mammoth but without the trunk attack and instead a charge attack giving +2 to strength like a lance. Frenzy or stupidity could be fun too.

Oh and Saber-tooth chariots for the win.

Back