Oldhammer fanzine issue 1

FUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

scribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribblescribble

Zhu Bajie

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0IJderpZVg">BONG!</a>

Due to the overwhelming response the deadline is extended somewhat :grin:

Massive cheer to those who have already sent through their strange and wonderous workings, and for those whose noses are still hard at the grindstone - keep at it! It's goign to be brill!

And hey, if you're new to the thing, it's not too late to get onboard.

treps

Zhu Bajie":1kk017y3 said:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0IJderpZVg">BONG!</a>

Due to the overwhelming response the deadline is extended somewhat :grin:

Massive cheer to those who have already sent through their strange and wonderous workings, and for those whose noses are still hard at the grindstone - keep at it! It's goign to be brill!

And hey, if you're new to the thing, it's not too late to get onboard.
Sorry Zhu I'm late, Real Life™ interfere sometimes in my personal side projects ! ;)

Hi if you need any image/logos feel free to ask/PM'me/email adlard.matthew at gmail.com or message me at the DeviantArt page link in sig

Zhu Bajie

Hey, Matt that's cool. We will definitely be after some illustrated headers and bits and pieces when we get into layout. Also if you're interested in doing some standalone pieces that would be cool too.

So just as an update. Articles we have got:

*The Army of Tage Shanks a lost Regiment of Renown based on ome obscure Ltd. Edition models...
*Weather of War simple rules for weather effects for WFB
*The Goblin Keep a skirmish scenario for Warhammer and Heroquest

Obviously that's not quite enough to make a zine out of! So come on you scurvy lot, get scribbling!

Zhu Bajie

Corehammer73":o36u5sa6 said:
I could write something about the aesthetic impact of oldhammer related artwork on underground music?

That would be a cool read. My heart is set on producing something that presents gaming content which is usable at the table, and despite the slowness of the project, there is stuff going on.

However perhaps we could jam on a collection of critical essays as a separate zine project? New threads!

Willmark

I wish everyone well in this endeavor. Those who know of CDO and the Word of Hashut know why I wish everyone well on this ;)

Plaiecivile

I learned that I need pressure to be truly effective, maybe you guys need some too ;)

I bet you cant release the Fanzine before I release the Bestiary of the Exalted and Unfortunate! :mrgreen:

Zhu Bajie

lol! Thanks for the kick up the arse Plaiecivile and words of encouragement Willmark.

I'm probably being a bit too laid back about letting people do their thing, if people really want to do something, they will. If they don't then they won't It's supposed to be fun, and nagging people to do stuff is too much like work.

As it is entries have pretty much dried up, despite a lot of good intentions and some seriously cool ideas being floated about. When enough content comes through, the thing will happen, so if you've got some half-baked ideas let's have at it :)

Willmark

In order for a fan made mag to be successful you have to rule with an iron fist. There is no other way this gets done. I know it sounds harsh but that's the reality unfortunately.

Padre

Was it agreed that articles /stories couldn't have photos of miniatures? I got the impression it was confirmed (and have tried to check) and thus my lack of contribution so far!

Zhu Bajie

Yep. No photos of miniatures please. I'm aiming for an early, tr00 kvlt, Warhammer aesthetic, so think of the first citadel journal, the box-set scenarios, 1st and 2nd edition as a touchstone for the design (or 80s zines like The Beholder, Dragonlords, Trollcrusher, Tempestuous Orifice, Owl & Weasel or early White Dwarf) black and white, line art.

If you wanted to do some experimental 'photography' using pin-hole cameras or putting the miniatures on a photocopier, exposing sun print paper, or photo montage or what have you then yep, I'd be more than glad to see it. Or a doodle of the figure with a bic pen.

But if you'd rather not create your own imagery, I've got a bunch of artists who've expressed interest in producing work.

Zhu Bajie

OK, well, everything completely stalled (again) on this didn't it!

As said before, there was a lot of people saying 'yes I'll do something' but very few people actually producing anything.

If anyone wants to write, draw, or create for a zine, by all means do so, and when there is enough material collated then it will be published.

If you're stuck for a starting idea how about:

*New monsters!
*New magic items!
*New weapons
*Original RT Chapter backgrounds
*Custom Regiment of Renown
*A Scenario!
*Gazetter of some place

Zhu Bajie":zmjrjxs4 said:
OK, well, everything completely stalled (again) on this didn't it!

As said before, there was a lot of people saying 'yes I'll do something' but very few people actually producing anything.

If anyone wants to write, draw, or create for a zine, by all means do so, and when there is enough material collated then it will be published.

If you're stuck for a starting idea how about:

*New monsters!
*New magic items!
*New weapons
*Original RT Chapter backgrounds
*Custom Regiment of Renown
*A Scenario!
*Gazetter of some place

What do I do with t once I've written it?

Back