Legacy Project 2016 - Chaos Villagers (responsibleone wins)

axiom

The village had no name, or perhaps it had been forgotten. It lay deep in the chaos wastes and had few visitors bar chaos hordes tramping south, or the occasional Carnival of Nurgle. Each and every villager bore the taint of chaos - the woodsman with axes in place of arms, the porcine butcher, the snake-skinned apothecary. Even the cattle had 6-legs and the sheep had fleshless skulls. Yet village life continued. The young and the strong strode off with bows and their father's swords. Left behind were the old, the lame, the mothers and the children, tending thorned corn, tanning cockatrice leather, building houses from giant bones.

The 2016 Oldhammer Legacy Warband theme is C49 - Chaos Villagers.

Contributors
1 axiom (piper) Received
2 Matt in PA (a boy and his dog) Received
3 Aiteal (Chaos milkmaid) Received
4 Magpiejono (Dark elf surgeon) Received
5 Jeff McC (barkeep) Received
6 Firebreather (Street pedlar) Received
7 ardyer (Chaos friar) Received
9 Golgfag1 (villager) Received
11 Niibl (miller of Khorne) Received
12 daddyorchips (door to door salesman) Received
13 ZeroTwentythree (Ma Khorne) Received
14 Fimm McCool (chaotic publican) Received
15 littleleadperson (flasher) Received
16 Lead Belcher (carter) Received
17 inchmurrin (postie) Received
18 responsibleone (blacksmith) Received

Status as at 08/11/16
Villagers%2B08.11.16.jpg

How does this Legacy Warband thing work anyway?
All contributors agree to paint and contribute one model to the pre-agreed theme (Chaos Villagers - see below). You paint the model and post it to your friendly neighbourhood organiser (me - axiom). All contributors are entered into a draw, and the winner out of the hat wins the set of figures for their collection.

What's the timeframe involved?
Models to be with me (axiom) by Saturday 26th November 2016, with the draw taking place in 1st week in December (with the ambition to have the warband with the winner by Christmas).

What models can I contribute?
The theme is C49 - Chaos Villagers. An imaginary range of figures as a counter-point to the C46 Villagers. Think mutated peasants, deformed milk-maids, pigs and sheep tainted by chaos. Suitable models might include figures adapted from fantasy villager ranges, livestock or even militia or huntsmen...simply use your imagination and see what happens! The project is an Oldhammer project, but that doesn't mean you need to donate a vintage Citadel model - if you have something that looks right from a modern range or alternative manufacturer, then that's all well and good!

How will this warband look coherent?
Good question; by its nature, a rag-tag band of chaos villagers will be varied and individualistic...in fact that's probably part of the appeal with this theme. We are not imposing a particular colour scheme or spot colour this time - let your paint scheme be determined by the figure. A chaotic beggar may well be dressed in drab brown sackcloth. The beak-nosed Mayor of our chaos village may well be able to afford finer silk or velvet. Your swine-herd may sport a colourful patterned skin.

Basing: As for basing, we have agreed that the winner will do the basing for the warband. This will ensure that a) the warband is coherently based and b) the warband fits into their own collection. However, models should be provided on a square slottabase, with the slots filled with putty, greenstuff or similar, and painted black.

How do I take part?
This thread is where you formally stick your hand up and commit to participating. Simply reply to in the thread, stating what model you are likely to contribute (this can change at a later date), and I will amend the contributor list above.

Any questions?!

Asslessman

Re: Legacy Project 2016 - C49 Chaos Villagers (Sign Up/Progr

Count me in ! I'll most probably do a chaos troubadour ...or something silly

I've got first dibs on the scared villager that came with the GW Giant kit a few years ago. I'm not saying that nobody else can use him for a conversion....just saying....something :roll: Dunno what my point is actually :? I'll just leave it at, I'm gunna use that plastic mini as the base for my conversion.

Chico

Ok I'm in, and it'll be a Chaos Goblin village/town drunk.. yay fungus beer all round!

Zhu Bajie

My offering shall be Brünhilda: Mother of Goats.

Aiteal

Citadel Leper/Nurgle rot peasant for me.
The eyes, the flies. The eyes, the flies. Before the Burgermeister dies!

I reckon I'll do some kind of craftsmen, somebody has to make sure all the shelves are at the proper chaotic angles.

MagpieJono

Put me down I've got a Dark Elf apothecary/surgeon in the leadpile that I will add to the village.

Mostyn

Awesome - I'm definitely up for this.

Put me down for a rat catcher please. (With some rat catching appropriate mutations).

I'm in with a Nurgle begger, cripple or otherwise unfortunate person

axiom

Er...dunno what you're talking about ;)

antipixi

Count me in. Not sure what yet, but I'll think of something.

Cassarus

I'm in, right now I'm thinking of a chaos dwarf traider or a goblin Shepherd.

Back