Calling all OGRE gamers for knightly combat!

lenihan

Golgfag1":3cgmbp0z said:
Route Master informs me I can make this journey in an hour & ten minutes PM me details of venue and I'll ask the boss for permission to attend. :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Fantastic! Would be great to see you this part of the country. I don't remember Erny's address so I can't let you in on this top secret, hopefully he'll check this though. Maybe PM him to be sure?

lenihan

Mister Rab":1tr57nn0 said:
I've got clearance for the 21st, or most of it. What time were you lot thinking?

I have the whole day available, so I'm happy to go with whatever people want.

Mister Rab

That's a shame, the evening is pretty much out for me.

Erny, as it's your kitchen, are there times when you'd rather we were/weren't there? I can be there from about midday till, say, 5pm. Would that work? Honestly, though, don't let me balls things up. If it's going to be an evening thing I shall wish you the best of chivalric luck and eagerly await photos :)

lenihan

That's a shame... would be good to find a time when a goodly number of people are free. But I'm reasonably flexible at the moment when it comes to weekends, so I'll just listen out for the consensus from others.

Erny

OK so we have one person that cannot make anything after 17.00 who happens to be our most knight obsessed member and another who is probably not available until after 17.00 who jointly suggested the game and knows what we are doing. I was planning on the evening but the wife and kids are clearing out to the in-laws a bit earlier than that. Mister Rab if you can push to say 18.00 I could start proceedings at 15.00 giving you 3hrs of knightly combat and or jousting, others can join us, we can then continue afterwards into the evening. Let me know if that's good and I'll set up a table for then, I'm thinking pavilions, the odd house, copse of trees and maybe even the walls of a castle in the background.

Mister Rab

Erny":r0shq5z3 said:
OK so we have one person that cannot make anything after 17.00 who happens to be our most knight obsessed member and another who is probably not available until after 17.00 who jointly suggested the game and knows what we are doing. I was planning on the evening but the wife and kids are clearing out to the in-laws a bit earlier than that. Mister Rab if you can push to say 18.00 I could start proceedings at 15.00 giving you 3hrs of knightly combat and or jousting, others can join us, we can then continue afterwards into the evening. Let me know if that's good and I'll set up a table for then, I'm thinking pavilions, the odd house, copse of trees and maybe even the walls of a castle in the background.

That sounds great! I'll come over for 3pm and I've pushed back the time I'd need to leave until 7pm. I'm really looking forward to this :)

I'd better check that I have sufficient figures..... :roll:

Golgfag1

Golgfag1":3hzry5nt said:
Route Master informs me I can make this journey in an hour & ten minutes PM me details of venue and I'll ask the boss for permission to attend. :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Quite happy to turn up when convenient, but I still need details of venue, please?

Paul / Golgfag1

lenihan

In fact, I'm not sure what the address is either, I thought I had it somewhere but have forgotten (except for remembering that it's somewhere in Royston!)

Erny, can you send me a reminder of it?

Erny

PM sent to you both.

As I have no idea what you and Colin actually have planned and Rab is coming at three hopefully I'll see you at 3 as well Lenihan, though I'm sure we'll figure somethign otu if you can't make it till later.

Golfag and WP what time do you think you may make it for? I'll get some grub in as usual.

lenihan

I should be able to get there at 3. Hopefully will have all my kniggets painted by then! Prioritising the foot knights, then I'll work on the jouster if I have time.

I'll probably be over at half 7 or so. I too am focusing on the foot first but my jouster is nearly finished as well. Still a fair bit to do but Should get them done in time.

lenihan

Now a game design question: how "pure" do we want to keep this? Are people wanting this to be purely knightly, or is there room for wandering monsters, knightly virtues, random magical events, etc., to move it more into the obviously fantasy realm?

I'm quite happy to make it a fantasy version of what a tournament would be. You might have a captured beast to battle as some display of knightly skill.

Quick pic of my retinue who are on the way to bash some upstart bretonnians!

D8D6E779-3E39-46EC-AD8B-DB80B9A8AAD9.jpg

Golgfag1

Thanks for a great afternoon of 3rd Edition gaming guys, now I know the way - I'll try and attend your gatherings as & when I can. I've not yet down loaded my camera - so pictures & story of our sterling deeds to follow later today. :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

lenihan

Golgfag1":1w0cdj4z said:
Thanks for a great afternoon of 3rd Edition gaming guys, now I know the way - I'll try and attend your gatherings as & when I can. I've not yet down loaded my camera - so pictures & story of our sterling deeds to follow later today. :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Please post up the pictures! Pretty pretty please!

Golgfag1

OK, OK I know I said I would but I've been digging myself out of a hole ever since!

First few pictures, more to follow tomorrow, when SWMBO is out for the evening. :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Ernys retinue.JPG
    Ernys retinue.JPG
    337.8 KB · Views: 3,581
  • Pauls's retinue.JPG
    Pauls's retinue.JPG
    305.6 KB · Views: 3,581
  • Rob's retinue.JPG
    Rob's retinue.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 3,581
Back