Orctober 2015

Jeff McC

2 ranks of Orctober fun!
close ups on my completed projects thread.

Attachments

• rugluds group.JPG
    rugluds group.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 1,511

Golgfag1

Nice detail on the shields Jeff, Eyes front!

I've been working all weekend so now find myself at home as work won't pay over-time, so I get time in lieu, have been posting pictures of my Orcs on Tumbler in an effort to spread the work of Orctober, here's a small sample so far. Most of these chaps have traveled to BOYL at least twice and never been out of their boxes for assorted reasons! :lol: maybe next year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy Paul / Golgag1

Attachments

• Black Orcs2.JPG
    Black Orcs2.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 1,474
  • Black Orcs4.JPG
    Black Orcs4.JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 1,474
  • orcs1.JPG
    orcs1.JPG
    254.6 KB · Views: 1,474

riot

Love the bloke with the crossed arms. What is he?

Here is another chip from the lead mountain and a possible entry for Orktober.

P1140501.JPG

Knocked out from start to finish in less then an hour and just so much character in his face.

Originally bought as a Watch Squig for my Gorka Morka warband, I just snatched him out of the Lead mountain and went to town on him.

It was such a lovely cast it pretty much painted itself. The only reason I went with the purple was because the pots were open at the time, but it really worked IMHO.

Even it's arse was a pleasure to paint!

P1140500.JPG

Golgfag1

Well here's a few more to be going on with. I've been posting a series of pictures on Tumbler hopefully spreading the word.

All the best

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• orcs5.JPG
    orcs5.JPG
    322.9 KB · Views: 1,424
  • orcs8.JPG
    orcs8.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 1,424
  • orcs11.JPG
    orcs11.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,424
  • orcs12.JPG
    orcs12.JPG
    307.4 KB · Views: 1,424
  • orcs5.JPG
    orcs5.JPG
    322.9 KB · Views: 1,424

Zhu Bajie

Top shieldwork there Jeff, and a great army of lovely stuff there Paul.

Meanwhile, not strictly Orctober (ahem) I just spotted these 'orcs' (aren't they?)

CSW6awLU8AAkmkB.jpg

Golgfag1

Last of my painted orcs - Arra boys to close my efforts for Orctober-fest

Enjoy Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• arra boys.JPG
    arra boys.JPG
    358.6 KB · Views: 1,382
  • arra boys3.JPG
    arra boys3.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,382
  • arra boys1.JPG
    arra boys1.JPG
    347.6 KB · Views: 1,382
  • arra boys2.JPG
    arra boys2.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 1,382
  • arra boys4.JPG
    arra boys4.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,382

Erny

Thanks for all the great responses guys. My wife decided to take us away for the half term holiday so I didn't finish my own Orctober project. In light of this I'm holding entries for the prize draw open until I'm done, it woudl be unfair to kepp those runnign afew days late out when I can't even finish myself.

I'll make another summary of the various entries inthe past week and a half in due course. Now to decide what I have too much of and can safely give away.

Bane

I just need to take some good group shots of my finished 9 orc warband, which may have to wait until the weekend as it's so dark so early.. :cry:

Erny":1rjgl49a said:
Thanks for all the great responses guys. My wife decided to take us away for the half term holiday so I didn't finish my own Orctober project. In light of this I'm holding entries for the prize draw open until I'm done, it woudl be unfair to kepp those runnign afew days late out when I can't even finish myself.

I'll make another summary of the various entries inthe past week and a half in due course. Now to decide what I have too much of and can safely give away.

Sorry Erny, but the rules clearly stipulate that the cut off date for submissions was at the end of the month. Better luck next year buddy :lol:

Erny

Oh OK Optimus I guess your right. So as I didn't get finnished and Optimus says I can't extend the dead line I'll have to withdraw my side of the bargin, namely giving away some miniatures.

You can all blame Optimus... :grin:

Nah I can't do that to you, particularly as I spent last night rooting through my garage, this year I'm going to give the winner a choice of prize too.

Chico

I'd also like to donate my Orky underwear to the winner...

What makes them Orky you say? Well they haven't been washed since the RT days and I'm pretty sure fungus is growing on them.. plus there red speedos :)

Golgfag1

Just realized I haven't posted a pictures of the boys with their eyes painted in! As ever my camera work does me no favors.

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• orcs A.JPG
    orcs A.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 1,352
Here's a simple trick to help with your photography Golgfag. Don't use the cameras flash....ever :) It kills all colour and makes a whole lot of unsightly reflections. Also, don't take photos under fluorescent or incandescent lighting either.

Just use natural light if you can, but not blindingly bright. If you can't take pic's in the daytime because of it not being a free commodity :roll: then use a "daylight globe" in your lamp instead, or use a LED lamp.

Oh, and remember, whichever daylight method you use make sure that your camera is switched to daylight mode in the "white balance settings".

I think if you try it out you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results :grin:

Golgfag1

Not the best time of year to attempt this but I'll give it a try at the weekend, thanks for the advice.

Paul / Golgfag1

Bane

Here are all the Orcs I painted for Orctober, they actually make up a warband which I rolled up using Erny's generator. At some point I'll game with them against a Realm of Chaos warband:

orcs%2B3.jpg

orcs1.jpg

proxy

orcs%2B2.jpg

orc%2B4.jpg

proxy

ardyer

I'm too lazy to check to see if I've already said it, but that banner and those shields are absolutely amazing!

Back