The Bitzbox Warband Challenge

Fimm McCool

Yeah, I bought loadsandloads of the Warzone plastics from prince August and used them to make a couple of hundred skitarii and still have leftovers for this kind of thing. A fantastic buy. :)

VanLoon

Great stuff on here so far - very inspirational.

Haven't had too much time recently but have managed to put together these two.

Brother Olfric, Sorcerer Champion of Nurgle, and his chaos goblin lackey.
image_zpsmaxexl73.jpeg

I've plans to expand on the warband soon...

Bane

Great stuff vanloon, I like the combination of zombie and bretonnian (?) plastics, especially the arms coming out of the sleeves, he really looks like an undead champion of chaos. Great idea to do beweaponed extremities on the goblin's arms too! Looking forward to seeing your bitzbox warband grow..

Plaiecivile

Wow this challenge is soooo tempting.
But so little time to put in... arg! choices!

Very good job so far to all of you!

VanLoon":24u5n9ee said:
Great stuff on here so far - very inspirational.

Haven't had too much time recently but have managed to put together these two.

Brother Olfric, Sorcerer Champion of Nurgle, and his chaos goblin lackey.
image_zpsmaxexl73.jpeg

I've plans to expand on the warband soon...

i like, that's very oldhammer i reckon.

Bane

So some progress on my bitzbox warband, I've greenstuffed and now I'm ready to start the painting stage.

Additionally, if anyone is interested in a RoC warband roster/record sheet there's one to download on my blog. Right, I'd better get undercoating and painting...

Gerner

Bane, I absolutely love these! They have a lovecraftian feel to them.
Your painting will certainly do them justice.
Even though I already have a couple of painting miniatures projects started, your warband makes me want to attempt something similar. :)

Bane

Cheers guys, the painting will commence shortly, unfortunately it's the least enjoyable aspect of the hobby for me, but I've got enough motivation and your comments certainly help...

weismonsters":lk8v6tap said:
These are looking great bane.

btw where did you get the plastic eagle head?

I think the eagle head is actually a griffon head that I cut from some tiny griffon, perhaps from an Empire general or captain plastic kit of some sort?

lenihan

I love the idea. I don't think I have enough "bitz" to do it in exactly the way you've done it, but I think a warband consisting of the unloved "odd one out" minis and parts that have lurked at the bottom of the leadpile would be nice.

Gallivantes

I love this thread so much. Did you guys ever get around to painting any of them?

I'm building a chaos army where I'm complementing oldhammer lead with bitz box bonanzas like these. They're basically built to the very spec listed at start of this thread so I pulled out a selection for entering here. Here's my bunch of goons from the chaos wastes!

I need to greenstuff a couple of gaps and dress up the bases.

If you fancy a look at my army project it's here http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8794

And some closeups

Attachments

• Warband_Group.jpg
    Warband_Group.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 3,256
  • Warband_Individuals.jpg
    Warband_Individuals.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 3,256

Bane

I've painted up most of my bitzbox warband, but forgot to post it here. Just the palanquin riding leader to go:

dSQ9UkcdWwEzgl8dT1yDd3hJDBlo1kVHqgfVT2NoORxc-3giyvlXQYZjAExola0cpmFvO6maIORWdg=s220-rw

h8SNgNc4SCr3kSsL6Wb6TQhK-KOW1y-ann-W5DWiDw06hBWuFJUapZ4HHEEywQJ3wQuIHi3GScv01w=s220-rw

qOv2KI7lfLMMK4emMiDKKFs_AI9wq2bytUdjPk5CArguKGAh9Ysl7hYXDCUE0HHgu35D8PX2-xi6vg=s220-rw

Ukde1cziwv_nSWSADFhhI80hdQAYBC9UpDO9Z5sqUHsP-2baeHuAX_FAlEiCZ3XhODuw8_ycmam2Jg=s220-rw

aae5uEYxxqS1Wt_hLcR9xCPE99oJ4lGU_maAOu7sE23jash5JBBBzKJE3yb1uV2qDPOnY2lUSRtjdA=s220-rw

lC5XWJJAD2KF82hsy11YlHOVMVlQI8TqpVpzgoima22pMBtthByzDCHzMwBf5WJOCTeNvGXrR8tolw=w293-h220-rw

gEo1ShgJwSX2k7pNaILBXwt6NQA7GZvPPZyStA3PHrMJs5-QVs22C_Fm5DP8qafvlH-ZHvefIiSkMg=s220-rw

gnD6PhBaB4C6Ip42qNI3u37AzwLVHIXW468jntLl5wy05ilMxGIU3iA0FPSiwh-66gEyvIIV77x1Bw=s220-rw

GrGHaQ-x34fr_u0F7pnTILoF0E9dngY9E_cKO4fA_wK75jZ8_x2hC_jfiXlHdMUY7mZxOZ88iq5A5Q=s220-rw

dzUSYCngnl9mhsrrUv5roqHd4Jm4N0jdTdN06L45_N4v9DlKTsqrQ7i4qaGFx1CEGxW4zwyXgLgg6w=s220-rw

nukDa60mlwAlRRj2AEf4P7zQt2EK3bwNvA_eggrvS5xJGKk-fCV3BU6l4hHoD6_Xs3GNadBX5RRyWA=s220-rw

gziEz6XajJAaqH0dHtBcDT2V6TTCztZRj8BLQe_PkrYjfMDfMDP978d64ogrFHJPCZxFDeWZ94qTxg=s220-rw

o7_vxyihaS-9J_5OhrgfTqDS97e2Ps4KjuB2K1-KfLQwM9A64JnZX_2l-B0k0vf0XfqC8bc6RAh9IA=w293-h220-rw

Kxk_MoEkMJ0jq_xRot4eJ304ohTXOsiaJ8VVP7HobBy-o5IhGbQG0bb0ZwvpvdCGdpHm1b8T3L0ngg=w293-h220-rw

kGAeXCZyNjJ7IbOfbl3czBEULYCGSyC6qoMKvpvR4Pwtoh7UMjgpngAMg6FxgTVKJj-u2dZJ6EY0FA=w293-h220-rw

fZltiGYMKEI-RlhnKRh9QXbPxe91cv57Ro_9m1Sdd-U8B-HTXrgcBdYKyawfETIxIpet5IGf22Qu0Q=w165-h220-rw

There's some words, inspiration and explanation of the processes involved in making these on my blog, if you have further interest. The leader is awaiting his first painting session (of many, I suspect) tonight.

Gallivantes

Awesome! This one's coming together nicely. Can't wait to see the Palanquin.

By the way, you're images aren't showing on the forum (I peeked at your blog to see the models)

inchmurrin

Inspired by Bane and Gallivantes I've decided to put some structure on my reconstruction efforts and build a Bitzbox Warband.

So first off in completed form the big guy of this merry crew.

935868944_o.jpg

935868935_o.jpg

The base is a Heroquest plastic Gargoyle, with a metal sword, cape from a Lord of Change, plastic ogre left hand/punch dagger and I don't know where the head is from.

More to follow and some of my earlier pieces may join the final warband. Look out for more.

Back