D&D ADVENTURE! THE DOMAIN OF THE UNDER-DOG

weazil

For the longest time, Bari just stared into the middle distance. All around him were the sounds of activity: the other adventurers checking out the equipment provided. Kobolds gibbering as they scuttled about the place. Bufo snorting as he wolfed down... whatever it was they had been served.

Bari didn't even blink.

He was going to touch a six breasted daemon.

"What if I ain't man enough?" he mumbled under his breath. Six breasts.

His hand stretched out, as if to practice. He'd have to be fast to get all six before she kicked his testicles through his jaw bone.

"Bari," someone said.

"Jordann?" he whispered in response.

"Bari."

"Oh baby? You sayin' my name?"

"Bari, could you...?"

Bari nodded. "Oh yeah, baby. I sure can...I surely, surely can..."

Suddenly Robin snatched Bari's wrist with his iron grip. "Bari. Could you stop rubbing my chest?" he said, teeth clenched. "Please?"

Bari's focus snapped to the steely glare of Robin's eyes. "Oh My F.. Robin? Robin!"

The cleric stepped back, suddenly feeling the weight of the stares in the room. Being judged by kobolds was hard.

"Aha," laughed the cleric. "Ahahaha," again. Forced. "Robin, brother - all I can say is that is one nice shirt, man. Real nice. I don't know how come you got lady trouble when you're wearing a shirt like that, man. Aha." Bari looked down.

Rambulge cleared his throat. "Ready?"

"Eh? Ready? Who's coming with me? We still gotta pray, man. Oh, and Invisibility, right? Three foot thaumaturge gonna do invisibility on me, right? Say...where is the little critter? And Bufo, come to think about it?"

Bari caught the eye of a nearby kobold, who first shrugged and then pointed in a direction he suspected the two might have been led.

"Shit! They gone? Gone? We gotta pray, man! How I am supposed to get near her? What, now I gotta run?"

The others ignored him. Rambulge fiddled about inside his trousers.

Bari rolled his eyes. "Jordann, honey? Why you gotta test me like this? Why couldn't I get normal size party people? So I don't have to deal with the little-man thing? Oh man, you are sweating me today! Anyhow, let us pray. Shuddup, everyone!"

Bari closed his eyes. "To the Hostess with the Mostess. And St Marv, you crazy chocolate mofo. I know that one in the hand is worth two in the bush. Today, I think that has never been more true. I got to lay my hands on big time, and I'ma need some help. I'd really appreciate it if you keep these others alive while I do my thing. Your thing. I'd like to stay alive too, now that I think about it. Look at these guys," Bari said, gesturing to the remaining party members. "Without me, they ain't ever gonna get no lovin', so please take pity on them and keep me alive. Them too. Yeah."

Bari opened his eyes and looked at Rambulge and Robin.

"Booya!" he cried suddenly, causing a nearby kobold to yip in fright.

"Now," he said, looking at the staff. "What's eating you?"

So, looks like everything is underway.

Bari casts Prayer. Bufo and Eggbert are just going to have to go it alone. Once Prayer is done, he'll investigate the keening sound coming from the staff.

I guess Bari's plan now is simply to run at the daemon and try to cast remove curse. He'll go through the door last (assuming anyone else goes through it) and he'll make straight for her as a matter of priority.

Seu woke up in the dark, dankness of his cell. His wrists were still bound tightly to the slab he lay on, and his body ached from his many hurts. He felt weak, and weary from torture. He felt he had been trapped there at least a year, though it was merely a day or two since his capture. His stomach was cramped with hunger and his mouth was parched from thirst. He was in a bad way. He thought over the events of his strange dream (but was it a dream?) and muttered a prayer with lips that split and bled.

In the darkness, Seu thought for a moment he saw a tiny feather floating down to the floor.

The door opened.

Hisston slid into the room. His cruel mouth was set into a smirk, and in his hand he held a large, stained meat cleaver. His eyes held a promise of the pain to come.

"Hello paladin. I trusst you sslept terribly?" The snakeman stood over the slab and toyed with the mean looking blade. Seu did not dignify him with an answer.

"There iss ssomething i've alwayss wondered about your giftss paladin," Hisston continued, "- you lay your handss upon the wounded and they are healed, thiss I have sseen - but, how will you use thiss power if... you have no handss?"

Hisston raised his cleaver high in the air, theatrically, willing the knight to cry out, to show his fear. Seu stared straight ahead, his face serene, his faith in the lady unwavering. Hisston snarled, denied the pleasure of seeing the paladin quaver. "You WILL break paladin, you WILL!"

The cleaver hung poised to make it's cut, when a whitish blur flew at the snakeman and latched onto his throat. With a horrified shriek Hisston clutched at a small, catlike creature with madly flapping wings before he toppled with a crash to the floor, out of Seu's line of sight. There was a great rolling and thrashing as Hisston's snake tail flailed about, toppling a stool and sending small table covered in torture instruments flying. Then there was nothing but a hideous wet gurgling sound, accompanied by a tearing, growling noise that sent a chill up the paladin's spine.

What in the name of the lady had just happened?!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Bufo couldn't take it any longer. He was sick and tired of this tunnel, sick and tired of darkness, sick and tired of the aching, aching hunger he was feeling (he hadn't eaten in at least half an hour). The only thing that stood between him and the sweet sweet freedom of the temple beyond was one wizened gnome. The walls were closing in on him. He couldn't breathe!

"Right Eggy, i'm coming through!" Bufo put his head down and did his best impression of the crawling version of a charge. His head butted into the gnome's derriere and shoved the startled creature out, out, out of the stinky damp kobold hole! Freeeeeedooooooom!

The two little adventurers fell out of the tunnel with soft plopping sound. The kobolds who had been their guides had vanished completely to wherever it is that kobolds go. It was quiet - too quiet.

They were in a room - someone's quarters, clearly. According to the map it was Hisston's. The furniture was nice, if worn. Shreds of tapestry hung from ceiling to floor, which was strewn with rubble and debris. The cunningly wrought kobold tunnel entrance came out under a large desk and was all but invisible unless you knew just how to look at it from just the right angle. If Eggbert didn't know better he'd have said it was practically an illusion.

To the left the back wall of the chamber had a large wardrobe. In front of the desk, partially blocking their view, was an odd squishy-looking sack that sat where a chair would normally be. There was also a decent sized bed, some shelves of books and knick-knacks, and a large chest to the right of the desk. On the rightmost wall from their viewpoint, there was a door that led to the rest of the temple. There were lit torches in several sconces on the wall and the air felt hot and humid, as it had in the rest of the temple.

According to the map the secret room containing Seu was somewhere behind the wardrobe...

"Well," said Bufo, "that could have turned out worse."

Then they heard the scream.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bari, Robin, Rambulge, Duke, and a small force of kobold bully-boys decked in a ridiculous mish-mash of armour and carrying an unlikely assortment of weapons were cautiously picking their way through the tunnel towards the Misstress' throne room. The koboldi moved with utter stealth, their padded feet barely disturbing a speck of dust. Robin moved with similar stealth, his soft boots a whisper on the rocks. Rambulge stubbed his toes repeatedly and dropped a fart so nasty it made even the dog-men wince. Bari scraped and sweated his way along, his armoured arms collecting more scratches and dents as he progressed. The Cleric of Luuurve was still pondering the conversation he'd had just now with the golden stave he was carrying.

Stave: Beeble beeble beeble

Bari: Yo, what's up?

Stave: BeepBeepBeep. Hello? Freddie?

Bari: It's Bari, man, try to remember.

Stave: Bari! Hi! Listen man, sorry about before, kinda busy here and all, god stuff you know?

Bari: Yeah baby, I could tell, run off your feet.

Stave: Haha! Yeah! Well, anyway, I've concentrated all my powers into helping you in your journey. I don't have a body anymore and I'm sorta floating in nothingness but if you call me, I can hear, and I can help. Just tell me what you need and I'll do my best to help out, okay?

Bari: Sure, great!

Stave: But, ahh, Johnny, listen - I probably only have enough juice to help out once, or maybe twice - maybe a few times, but, y'know, don't push me too far. I'm having a little trouble holding onto... me. Use me wisely okay?

Bari: Okay brother, I gotcha...

Bari's stave can now cast prayers up to level 3, three times a day. Level 1 prayers pose no risk to Pieter, but level 2 prayers have a 20% (cumulative) chance to knock him out for a day and level 3 prayers have a 30% (cumulative) chance to knock him out for a day.

Bari was snapped out of his reverie when one of the kobolds held up a paw and hissed a warning. The tunnel seemed to be getting lighter ahead. It was also getting bigger.

"Stop. We use juice now," yipped the kobold softly. The other creatures fumbled about in their pouches until they produced several stone phials. The leader uncorked one and began splashing a small amount into his paw and rubbing it all over his fur. The stench was utterly appalling, like mashed bug guts mixed with vomit. The koboldi offered the phials to the adventurers, nodding and yipping nervously.

"Juice. You use. Keepsafe from the theraphosa..."

Seu strained and struggled, but try as he might he couldn't see where Hisston was lying, or what had attacked him. The sounds had ceased, save for a horrible, laboured bubbling sound.

Suddenly, with a fluttering leap and a sudden weight upon his chest, the creature was on him. It stood about a foot high and resembled a large cat, save for it's owl-like face, delicate hooved hind legs, and it's beautiful tawny wings. Seu had heard of such creatures in the legendary tales his father had told him - it was a tiny hippogryph! But what was it doing here?

You brought me here...

Seu gasped. The voice had appeared in his mind, just like that! Had the creature just spoken to him with it's mind?

Yes.

There it was again!

You freed me from my frozen prison in that world between worlds. I have waited for you a long time sir knight. By the grace of the lady, I shall become your chosen mount...

Asslessman

"I OT IWA ONA IIIIEEE !!!!!"

The creature's head inclined on the side... it seemed like it had come too late and that any remnant of sanity had left the poor knight...

" SOB SOB, I mean 'sob' I thought I was going to 'sob' die... by the Holy Lady and all that is good in this world, thank you ! Is that you Merevain ? "

"Are you crying ? "

"well no... maybe...'sob'... just a little ? I'm actually so happy and one of your claws is right in one of my wounds..."

The small Hippogryph looked down and cold see 2 of its claws right in one of the multiple wounds Hisston had left on the paladin's bare chest.

"oh Sorry about that"

Amongst all the trouble and pain he'd gone through, despite the awkward situation of being chained naked on a stone slab with a talking Hippogryph on is chest and his torturer lying on the floor right next to them, Seu actually felt... relieved... relieved and actually Happy.

"Joy comes easy to you Seu... that's one of the greatest gifts the Lady has offered to you my son" his father had once told him. For years Seu had watched his father with admiration, seeing him leave castle Wyrmrock with Marvin the master Cleric on top of his gigantic Unicorn, one of the greatest mounts a Paladin can tame. Roland Antheus was that monument of a man to his young eyes, the beacon in the dark, the model on which he had based all his dreams.

b1be6aec16d22e7e34a4505f05205cc8.jpg

And now he had gained a Hippogryph, if ONly his father could see it !
A feet tall Hippogryph... Hippogryphs do grow a little taller right? Yeah they sure do... Seu was pretty sure had read they could become large and fearsome. Didn't his father and Marvin once fought an evil lord riding one ? or was it an evil dwarf lord ? Damn failing memory...
Right now, all Seu wanted was ... to scratch his cheek, he had had this itch for what felt like a year. Oh maybe getting untied would be the first good move now.

Untie you? Your wish, sir knight.

The Hippogryph swiped at the bonds that tied Seu's wrists and feet with deft, expert strokes. The ropes were no match for the creature's steely claws. He was free!

Asslessman

" Wow, just... wow"
As Seu was rubbing his aching wrists and scratching his cheek, he couldn't take his eyes off the creature...

He spoke the next words in his mind : "can you read my mind then"

"That I can, yes and my name is yours to give"

Seu was puzzled, he had thought about this his whole childhood and now the occasion was here, his mind was empty...
"Binky? Beauty ? Fru-Fru?..."
His mind wondered until he remembered Charles the Paladin, one of his legendary ancestors which was the only known to have had such a mount, his mount was called Tencendur, a name that had entered history... Seu loved the tales of Charles and Tencendur and Seu always wanted to know more about "Tence" the fabulous mount...

"For what you did here, only a heroic name would fit ou I suppose, Tencendur ? Tence?"
As the two beings were communicating, Seu's eyes scanned the room to check for anything to cover himself (gear and weapons) and to actually check if Hisston was done for good or just uncounscious.

Rambulge was filled with a sense of purpose that not even his aching toes could dampen.
Gently resting his shield against the tunnel wall, the spell sword took the offered phial of "juice" and began to apply it on his person without complaint.
If this stuff was what it smelt like, he had been up to his eyes in it for what seemed like years now anyway- if it made his chances of freeing his companions and punishing these monstrous Serpent men better he was all for it.

Penddraig

Robin took the vial of juice and applied it to himself. He was used to covering his scent on the hunt and this time, the hunt was to retrieve his friend. He passed the vial back to Bari with a wry smile.

weazil

Bari was horrified.

He'd thought they'd just, y'know, pop through a door, leap at the snakemen, fondle some breasts and be done with the whole thing.

But Theraposa? THAT was a whole new ball game. In the darkness, Bari shivered. "Pull youself together, man! They just spiders! Like me, just with some extra legs and... hair. And eyes. And..." Bari yelped as a kobold prodded him with a vial.

"Take it!" it insisted.

"Oh My Foxy Goddess!" Bari exclaimed, pulling the stopper on the vial. "That is some nasty shit in there! Uh. I dunno..."

Tutting in frustration, the kobold yanked the vial from Bari's hands and started applying the liquid stench with vigour. Bari was nothing if not a priest of love, and even here, in the depths of nowhere, between worlds and sanities, he suddenly found the silver lining to the galaxy sized cloud they had been under. Being rubbed by a kobold was, well, sort of like being rubbed by a dog...

"Oh yeah. Right there. That's the spot, little guy. Don't want the theraposa to get little Bari now, do we..."

Welcome back, Cap'n! Also: LOL at tiny hippogriff!

Once Bari had been thoroughly anointed in the disgusting fluids, the party was ready to continue. The smell filled their nostrils with it's sickly sweet bitter bug-gut tang, but they all reminded themselves it was a small price to pay to help their friends (and also, to not be eaten by giant spiders).
The kobold bullies motioned silently for them to continue up the slowly widening passage, and they did so, making as little noise as possible. Finally, they came to what appeared to be an intersection in the tunnel - quite a large one. Again, the kobolds called for a halt. The intersecting tunnel was some 20 feet high, very dim, full of vaguely flickering shadows thanks to the small torches being borne by the bullies. One by one, the torches were extinguished by the koboldi, save for one, who was in the lead. He knelt down, and pointed to the ground, indicating something to the party that lay there. Then he died horribly as a large black shape dropped from the ceiling onto his back and slit his throat with a swift, powerful cut.

Robin recognised the shape of Kuanos, the black yuan-ti assassin, before the tiny torch fell from the dead kobold's hand to the floor and the already dim light in the corridor was all but extinguished.

Bari, Robin, Rambulge, Duke and their remaining four bullies are now in combat, in the dark. This is going to present some challenges. Every action is going to require a test to be accomplished until some semblance of light is restored. The dropped torch has not been wholly extinguished so it may be of some use if you can get to it. Each character is assumed to have some sort of torch like item in their packs, except perhaps Bari, who has never really owned anything save what he has scrounged and even that is mostly sheets. A torch will light quickly if held in proximity to another burning object, otherwise you'd have to use a flint which will be tricky in the dark.

I'm also going to assume you all collected appropriate weapons from Papa Toe-Toe's stash when you had the chance - feel free to pick from the following (some have been claimed, as you can see):

1 x Bronze Tetsubo (a type of oriental club)
1 x steel mace (Claimed by Rambulge)
2 x tarnished Yuan-Ti khopesh (curvy swords)
2 x dented longswords
assorted daggers
1 x Yuan-Ti longbow (with a quiver of 30 snake themed arrows)
1 x helm, crested with a gaudy plume
2 x battered shields, one snake themed, one has a rat on it (Rambulge has the snake shield)

Also there is a snake assassin actively trying to kill you.

Please state your actions :grin: Good luck!

______________________________________________________________________________________

Seu thought about finding his gear and checking on the snakeman. Tence read his thought and leapt nimbly off his chest, disappearing from view again. Seu sat up and his head reeled as his blood began to flow around his body more freely. He steadied himself with a gasp, and looked about him. The room was a mess. Hisston lay in a pool of his own black blood, still gasping faintly, like a fish out of water, almost drowned. He was alive still, but barely.

This smells like it belongs to you, the thought came to Seu. He looked up and saw Tence, his tiny hippogryph mount, holding Flamebrand in it's small but deadly claw. The sword lit up with brilliant flames as if in welcome of the paladin's return.

I actually bought one of those Hippogryphs from the Tooth and Sword KS and wanted to paint it up but the washes failed and left it covered in crusty white spooge and I got cross and then the desk and all it's mess claimed it. So this pic is from the website. It even has a flaming sword, which is what inspired this whole scene, months and months ago!

Seu's HP: 11/55

Tence has found Seu's stuff. Flamebrand is there, as well as whatever equipment that you were carrying prior to capture. However, Seu's armour has been rather crudely removed, with various leather straps hacked off instead of being unbuckled properly - you may not be able to assemble a full set of armour, and this will be reflected in your AC until you have the opportunity to repair it.

There is a small table in the corner that has been left undisturbed - it contains a bottle with the gross-tasting healing liquid in it that Hisston forced you to drink at the start of your torture.

Suddenly Tence looked tense. He looked toward's the doorway. Someone is coming. I sense an evil presence...

Tence tensed his muscles and prepared to pounce.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Bufo and Eggbert looked at each other, startled, as the screaming peaked and then died. Eggbert scrambled out from under the table and made his way to the wardrobe, Bufo plucking at the sleeve of his wizardly robes.

"Let's not be hasty now," whispered Bufo urgently, "We're probably too late. That was probably just Seu dying. We should go the other way. Like, the tunnel way... Eggy....?"

The determined gnome ignored Bufo and examined the wardrobe door.

"We don't know what's in there," Bufo continued, more urgently, "It could be an army of zombie monsters, thirsting for your intelligent brains, or, or, it could be like, a huuuuge, umm, tiger, or..."

Eggbert opened the wardrobe door quietly and pushed through a handful of hanging garments, seeking the back wall - but there was none. He disappeared into the cupboard. Bufo, against his will, squeezed himself through the crack of the open door, and also squeezed out the most monumentally evil fart one could ever wish to encounter - or not wish, as would be more likely the case. He pushed through the various robes and other clothes until he bumped into Eggbert, who immediately put his hand over the halfling's mouth and gestured past a thick winter cloak to the dim room beyond.

Bufo saw Hisston lying on the floor, dead. He saw Seu kneeling over the corpse, wearing his armour, looking weak, but alive!

"SEU!" cried the little thief, leaping out into the room, a semi-corporeal tail of fart following him as he went. "We've come to rescue you! It's so good to see yoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

Bufo didn't see the feisty Hippogryph that came hurtling out of the shadows to pounce on him until it was far too late.

Asslessman

Those evil creatures had not deemed necessary to take care of his precious armour, the savages had cut most straps instead of unbuckling them... "they take as poor care of their gear as of their soul... fools" He salavaged al he could from his armour and put it on, a second skin to him and a symbol of his resolve to fight evil as long as an once of life would be in his body.
Then he saw Flamebrand in the talons of Tencendur... The loyalty of a paladin is repaid a hundred times by that of his companions Seu heard once. And here was Flamebrand, a companion as noble and worthy as any and now with Tence, it felt like the 3 of them could erase all evil from the world just by themselves.
The hilt of Flamebrand felt warm and reassuring in his hand. They sure had fought evil in its most despicable forms but there still was so much to cleanse... and the quest... the quest the Lady herself had assigned him
"How twisted this world can be, I swear by this sword we are gong to straighten it !" the flames on the sword shined brighter all at once and after a whisper of Seu to his blade they vanished into the steel.
He noticed the bottle Hisston had given him earlier, Seu felt reluctant to use a product of such an evil creature but he had to regain some forces, he wasn't sure to have fully recovered his powers and even if he still had them back, he'd need them to save his friends who had been thrown into that awful pit... All he could remember was the awful taste of it and right now he hadn't opened the bottle yet and he could already smell the atrocious stench of it.
Seu drank the whole content at once and knelt to Hisston, though the darkest part of his heart wanted to end its life here and now, the good in him couldn't let him lower himself to that. He firmly tied the snakeman and began to search his body to find anything that could help him in his escape (and remove anything that could help Hisston to escape himself).
One thing was very strange though, he had already drunk the whole bottle and yet the smell of it was getting heavier and heavier reaching an almost unbearable level only...

"SEU! We've come to rescue you! It's so good to see yoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

It took Seu a good half second more than it would have taken him if any other companion had been attacked

"TENCE !, THEY ARE NO THREAT ! STOP AT ONCE ! "

Seu busied himself immediately, donning his partially ruined armour as best he could. There was enough plate to cover all his vitals, but one pauldron just could not be attached at this point, and several other plates hung looser than they should. But he was already feeling more himself, with his armour on and Flamebrand at his side. He quaffed the hideous potion and then saw to the snakeman who was bleeding out on the floor.

Seu's HP= 20/55
Seu's AC= 2

Hisston looked up at Seu's face pleadingly, his blood-flecked lips working to speak.

"P...paladin.... hurk... help me... s...save... me...."

Seu put one knee to the ground, and holding the dying halfbreed's face close to his, he murmured, "Hisston, if only you had shown a tenth of your dedication in the service of Good, you'd be a hero, you would have the respect of all, and mine above all. I am not going to give you the death you deserve, I shall let you reflect on what you did for the little time you have left in this world so that you can make your life in the next a little more significant"

Hisston's eyes widened at the paladin's words, and he began to twitch and gasp ever harder, red foam bubbling from his mouth. The paladin held him until he passed away, the hideous forked tongue bulging from his mouth, eyes still staring at some unseen horror beyond the veil. Hisston Bloodenthrall was dead. But the next challenge loomed before them...

Suddenly a small, stinking creature came barreling through the secret door to the torture chamber. Bufo the halfling, looking suspiciously heroic, was shouting something about coming to his rescue - then Tence was on top of the little thief, ready to tear him to shreds.

"TENCE !, THEY ARE NO THREAT ! STOP AT ONCE ! " the paladin thought as hard as he could. The hippogryph paused with his beak wrapped around the halfling's throat, ready to tear it out in a heartbeat.

Are you sure? Tence’s words appeared in Seu’s mind. This one stinks of kobold, and tastes like ham.

“Seu!” Bufo’s muffled squeals could be heard from somewhere under all the indignant fur and feathers, “Seu! It’s licking me! It’s eating me make it stooop!”

The little hippogryph sprang lightly off of Bufo and retired to a corner to lick it’s paws. They were dark with snake blood, and the distaste was obvious on the creature’s face.
Bufo huddled up against the legs of the gnome, clutching at himself as though fundamentally violated. He checked his pouches – all his nuggets were secure. He relaxed a little but didn’t stop glaring at the hippogryph for a very long time.

Tence the Hippogryph is a magical creature that has now bonded with Seu as his mount, something that all paladins may call for from 4th level onwards. Since Seu is now level 6 and still doesn’t have a mount, I figured he needed something a bit less... ordinary.

Tence has several abilities which he can use with a system of ‘charges’. At his current level he has 12 charges per 24hr period. His powers are as so:

Shrink/Grow: 1 charge
Tence appears normally as a large cat-sized animal, but he can, if required, grow to full size in order for Seu to ride him (and one other man-sized passenger if required). The transition from small to large requires a portion of Tence’s magical power to achieve, but he may return to normal without using power. At level 6 he gained the ability to shrink to a pocket sized monster if necessary, and this transition also requires an expenditure of magical power.

Turn invisible: 2 charges
Tence is inherently magical. When Tence is down to his last couple of charges he will begin to tire and feel vulnerable – he will often request that he use these charges to become invisible and sleep. He will obey Seu if ordered to do otherwise though this may lead to exhaustion.

Polymorph self (cat, eagle or horse): 3 charges
Tense may take on the appearance of a normal cat, eagle or horse with the expenditure of 3 charges. Turning back will not require a charge expenditure, but if he wishes to maintain the appearance of a normal animal from day to day, he must use a single charge to maintain it for another 24 hours. While in normal animal form he uses the stats for that creature, though his intelligence and telepathy will still remain.

Cure light wounds: 1 charge
Tence may use this healing power at any time. It takes the form of a magical lick that restores a small amount of HP (1-4+2). This takes some time and cannot be done on the fly, such as in battle.

Tence has been in a deep slumber for centuries. He is intelligent and can communicate with others via telepathy. He can read Seu’s mind, but noone else’s. He may choose to talk telepathically to a group – if he does so the radius is about 10 feet. Otherwise he can communicate with Seu for 10” per level. Tence is currently level 6 like Seu, and they will advance together. At each level up Tence’s charge level will increase and he may develop other magical abilities over time.
Tence is utterly faithful to Seu and will follow the paladin’s instructions, or those of a good aligned companion that Seu trusts. If he is asked to do something reprehensible to his good aligned nature, consequences may arise...

Bufo, having scraped together some dignity, and also nuggets, was feeling a bit uneasy. They had made a lot of noise, and the corridors outside were crawling with the hideous zombie-thralls of the yuan-ti. They mustn't hang around for long.

"Seu, we should probably go and find Yngwie and get the butts out of here, don't you think?"

Asslessman

"How are you doing my friends, I cannot express how happy to see you're safe, where are the others, I could hear Yngwie screaming during my all captivity, we should try and help him, Bufo, would you mind have a look if there's presence outside the room ?"

"Hisston's bedroom is back there," Bufo pointed a thumb back towards the secret door, "we haven't had a chance to loot... erm, I mean check it." Bufo swallowed guiltily at Seu's sudden glare and began stammering out a recap for the knight about all that had happened since they were seperated at the Pit.

"The others are alright. Actually they are heading towards the chamber to fight the misstress and probably meet certain doom, only she isn't really a demon with six, erm, parts, but really a young girl, and she has all her guards with her but we can't get to them because you're so big, and we fell into a big pool filled with marinade and the kobolds were going to eat me but I gave them some cooking lessons and they decided to keep me as a pet, and oh yeah, did I tell you they have a big city underground and tunnels everywhere and they all follow their big fat Papa and he nearly sat on me like 10 times but I was always too quick and..."

Asslessman

"Everyone's fine ? Lady be blessed !
Let's check Hisston's room for some help then, we might find keys to Yngwie's cell or something... They're going to meet an impending doom you said ? that pleases me ..."

The childish smile on Seu's face was that of pride and joy, his companions had kept their focus on the goal and nothing could please him more for Seu knew that today would be a bad day as ever to be on the side of evil...

weazil

Had not Bari's cranium been in the way of the thing, one can only assume his heart would be in orbit for the speed at which it leapt into his throat. All feeling drained from his stomach. A bolt of electricity shot through the rest of his body, replacing any normal muscular functions with jelly.

"S-s-s-spiders..." he whimpered. He wanted to scream, but found himself unable to do anything at all. Not a thing.

But even as all the synapses screamed at him that his life was about to conclude, one synapse in particular had not yet received the memo, and posed the question: perhaps we should wave the staff about a little bit? Y'know, just to find, like, the wall. And the others. And the spiders. Perhaps we we know where all of those things are, we can, um, do someting? Yes?

So, ever so slowly, Bari gently prodded around him with the staff. Not too hard, one understands. Didn't want to upset any potential spiders or alert them to his presence. Gentle prodding, not too much commitment. Bari knew a ritual like that...

I've assumed that only Robin actually perceived the snake, so I've left Bari to his darkest fears until otherwise informed.

Bari will not approach the fallen torch. His view is that this is the last known place of the 50' spider and therefore realises that being there right now is a great way to meet said spider. In fact, he's crouching, iusing staff and hands to establish just where the ground and his immediate surroundings are.

As an aside, Bari did a Prayer just before we left (not from the staff, his own level 3 one) - I don't have access to my Players Guide, so I don't recall quite how the spell works, but is it still in effect?

Bari does have hold person available, but I can only assume he needs to see what it is he's trying to hold. So, party people, if we could shed some light on the situation, Bari might be able to overcome his imaginary arachnophobia...

Back