Oldhammer AHOY!

Fimm McCool

Two more ships ready for painting:

http://fimmmccools.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/a-tale-of-two-longships-oldhammer-ahoy.html

IMG_1789.JPG

Niibl

Great ships, Fimm.
A little daring to have raised oars, isn't it? Won't they break easily?
Are the oars of the Non-Slaanesh ship attached to the base?

BTW, here is my first (and probably my only - due to lack of time) Seamonster.

Attachments

• Black_Leviathan.jpg
    Black_Leviathan.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,692

Harry

Niibl":3t4gzcy0 said:
BTW, here is my first (and probably my only - due to lack of time) Seamonster.
That's the one I want to see. (I might even try to steal it. :grin:

I have a Kraken, a Giant shark, a Giant crab, a Giant octopus so with yours we have a nice selection .... don't put yourself under pressure or feel you are letting anyone down if you don't turn up with everything you had hoped you would.... we have plenty for some fun and games.

Looking good Fimm. Got my longboat painted this weekend. :grin:

Niibl

Harry":a8fuhit4 said:
I might even try to steal it.
Don't you dare. I read up everything about such beasts and their whereabouts. I learned to tell the difference between the Nemo-Disneyana and the Chap-Mei.
After I failed to persuade the R-Us Trading company to deliver such a beast at a reasonable price I personally tracked one down in the bays of "e".
There I shot this one on a moon lit night while competitors were still asleep.
I even hired Royal Mail for transport (paid with good plastic money).
So I had great trouble to get hold of this creature and gutting it was a quite messy affair too.
If you want one - go fishing too! I have heard of one lurking in Tadcaster.

Golgfag1

All looking good Gent's,

Just putting the finishing touches to the crew I've painted especially for this game, as this is my last weekend to get stuff done for BOYL2015, as I'm taking my long suffering wife away for a well deserved break (other ships crews will be provided from my collection, yes I'm bringing more than one ship!), a collection of Ashigari, Samurai & Vimto Monks - plus a little extra which isn't in the pictures (You shouldn't expect me to give away too much before the event)! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best

Paul / Golgfag1 8-)

Attachments

• crew.JPG
    crew.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,689
  • crew1.JPG
    crew1.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,689
  • crew2.JPG
    crew2.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,689
  • crew3JPG.JPG
    crew3JPG.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,689

Norse

Hi there lads.

Apologies for my absence from the forums for a long time. Don't get much time to myself on the internet these days.

We finally have the rules and scenario finished. The relevant documents can be found here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4l79iso9z1guy/Oldhammer_Ahoy

The rules are mostly the same as the ones in the General's Compendium. They have been fairly heavily altered to meet the needs of the scenario however. Turns are simultaneous for example, and boarding actions have been simplified.

The rules document is in two parts. The first part is the general rules everyone needs to know. The second part is the specific rules for different kinds of ship (sailing, rowing etc) - you only need concern yourself/print out the relevant section that applies to your ship.

The Doom Carrier is an example of a custom ship design.

Both documents are supplied in pdf and odt format so that you can print them out for your own reference, or edit them using Open Office or similar program to easily make up your own ship sheets if you like.

The scenario does not need a referee. However, I will be on hand to answer rules questions and so on.

Any questions?

Edit: haven't had a chance to look through the whole thread yet, but there's some great looking ships shaping up! Looking forward to meeting them all in person!

Harry

I know there is lots of good stuff in this thread but I am going to start a new Oldhammer Ahoy thread with the post above. I think it is important that it does not just get lost in the middle of a thread so folks who are interested can start to get their head around these rules.

Erny

The crazyness of viking types on a paddle steamer. Are you planning on using the original crew?

Fimm McCool

Zere is nuzink a Goblink Officer cannot do!

11698543_674769339324625_4979553676108618852_n.jpg

Zee Kommandant's Goblink Airship, Zee Klindenbourg, is nearly ready for flight. Just some balloons and details to paint for it now.

IMG_1794.JPG

Harry

OMG!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Also on a related note ... I am told the rules for this game have been downloaded 36 times!!!! :shock:

Fimm McCool

I've not downloaded them as Norse sent them to me direct... might we have a LOT of ships playing?!!!! Time to write Armada rules!

Norse

Actually 68 times last time I checked! That could just be one person who really likes them though!

And that's a fantastic looking airship. I'm afraid my boats are nowhere near as great looking as anything in this thread!

Thantsants

Wow - the Klindenbourg is amazing!

And now War Tortoise Ajax has another target in his new anti-aircraft role... :twisted:

Bit more progress on my Time Bandits ship - with a bit of luck it should be done by Friday... :shock:

Back